Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: UML Recruiting, Building for 2018 and on

Ofcl Riverhawk Radio Meteorologist

Re: UML Recruiting, Building for 2018 and on

Seth Barton was drafted in the 3rd round, 81st overall, by Detroit. Highest a Lowell player has been drafted since Hainsey went 13th overall to Montreal in 2000.
    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
    Seth Barton was drafted in the 3rd round, 81st overall, by Detroit. Highest a Lowell player has been drafted since Hainsey went 13th overall to Montreal in 2000.
    Good to know. Hainsey was a good one. Congrats to Barton and Lowell fans.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackI View Post
    Good to know. Hainsey was a good one. Congrats to Barton and Lowell fans.
    And still in the NHL

Not Lowell or Hockey East recruiting related, but I find it interesting to see some of the kids committing to Bentley right now. A couple of 3.75* in the last couple of weeks. They're going to make some noise in the AHA as that stadium already seems to be paying off.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Quote Originally Posted by UMLFan View Post
    Not Lowell or Hockey East recruiting related, but I find it interesting to see some of the kids committing to Bentley right now. A couple of 3.75* in the last couple of weeks. They're going to make some noise in the AHA as that stadium already seems to be paying off.
    I get the impression that those STAR ratings are extremely objective and come from many different scouts. Also, if the scouts know a skater is committed or being recruited by a D1 team, he gets 3 1/2 stars at a minimum. A great deal more would be expected from a 4 star player. Some coaches act as though they would be humiliated if one of their recruits got a rating below 3/3/4. Like the scouts are always right?

Quote Originally Posted by HHound View Post
    I get the impression that those STAR ratings are extremely objective and come from many different scouts. Also, if the scouts know a skater is committed or being recruited by a D1 team, he gets 3 1/2 stars at a minimum. A great deal more would be expected from a 4 star player. Some coaches act as though they would be humiliated if one of their recruits got a rating below 3/3/4. Like the scouts are always right?
    That's a fair statement, but for those (like me) that follow recruiting, it's all we really have. It's not like recruiting for hockey is covered like it is for football/basketball. I know Lowell (at least) have two current commits that are listed at 3.25.
    Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

That's a fair statement, but for those (like me) that follow recruiting, it's all we really have. It's not like recruiting for hockey is covered like it is for football/basketball. I know Lowell (at least) have two current commits that are listed at 3.25.
    I would hasten to remind you that you have a coaching staff which has shown an admirable ability to find the right players for their system, and then to deploy themin a most efficient manner. Their usually seems to be 2-3 outstanding individual which act as the glue that holds the team together and makes it stronger. I can think of one team from Huntington Avenue which had a variety of ways to score last year. Yet they found your guys to be very hard to play against.
    In other words, your recruits could average 3 1/2-3/4 stars and you still would be quite competitive. Glad you haven't lost your coach to the Rangers! There are some real positives to having an alumnus who is capable of running your program.

Quote Originally Posted by HHound View Post
    I would hasten to remind you that you have a coaching staff which has shown an admirable ability to find the right players for their system, and then to deploy themin a most efficient manner. Their usually seems to be 2-3 outstanding individual which act as the glue that holds the team together and makes it stronger. I can think of one team from Huntington Avenue which had a variety of ways to score last year. Yet they found your guys to be very hard to play against.
    In other words, your recruits could average 3 1/2-3/4 stars and you still would be quite competitive. Glad you haven't lost your coach to the Rangers! There are some real positives to having an alumnus who is capable of running your program.
    I'm not questioning Bazin (or the kids committing here). Just noting stuff I find interesting. Also, agreed completely on not losing him, even though it seems that the odds seem to grow each year.
    Monty

Another recruit coming in early? It will be interesting to see what the actual incoming class looks like.

I believe classes for the second summer session begins today so I would imagine most if not all the recruits are in Lowell. STH cookout is July 17.

PC picks up another 2002 born commit.

Interesting to note that UVM lost a recruit last week as he switched to BU. But the speculation is that there's actually a few more coming for their program.
    Monty

PC picks up another 2002 born commit.

Interesting to note that UVM lost a recruit last week as he switched to BU. But the speculation is that there's actually a few more coming for their program.
    It looks like BU is picking up another recruit that has switched their commitment.

Some hockey at the Tsongas:

Quote Originally Posted by boblav1 View Post
    It looks like BU is picking up another recruit that has switched their commitment.

Heard it was a total steal by BU. Not shocking. Typical **** they pull.
    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

So what you’re saying (and easy for me to say) is that if a hundred or so fans floated down to the event....

Quote Originally Posted by Patman View Post
    So what you’re saying (and easy for me to say) is that if a hundred or so fans floated down to the event....
    Sounds like a good take

I wonder how “Elite” this showcase really is?

Also thanks to everyone that responded to my question regarding the assistant coach candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by Middle Street View Post
    I wonder how “Elite” this showcase really is?
    I was thinking the same thing.

NHL draft choice Michael Kesselring is on the NH Knights roster. He recently decommitted from Merrimack.

https://twitter.com/EC_Kings
    Last edited by boblav1; 07-26-2018 at 09:38 PM.

Merrimack picks up a '99 (from Shattuck) and an '01 (Belmont Hill) yesterday.
    Last edited by UMLFan; 07-27-2018 at 01:58 PM.
    Monty

Merrimack picks up a '99 (from Shattuck) and an '01 (Belmont Hill) yesterday.
    They added a '02 as well.

And another for Merrimack, that's 6 in the last 3 or so weeks. I need to figure out how to put a tweet in this forum. Bob, how did you do it?

@MikeMcMahonCHN
    Merrimack receives a commitment from ‘01 F Casey Severo out of Nobles. NY native.
    Last edited by UMLFan; 08-02-2018 at 06:11 PM.
    Monty

Thread Information