Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What??? No UNH 2017-2018 Season Thread? Well, Here Ya Go!! :) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What??? No UNH 2017-2018 Season Thread? Well, Here Ya Go!!

Not enough space in this blog to answer that. I will say some players can do no wrong and other players are benched or reduced playing time. Coaching. Not enough space. They have a left winger who goes from the fourth line to the first line. They tell players to *get stronger gain weight but don't tell players they need to lose weight. At times we play like we are playing in an intramural league. It's called Div I Hockey East last time I checked. I would like to see some emotion from the coaching staff instead of leaning against the back of the bench or just standing there. Coaches need to take responsibility for the play of the team.

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
      To answer you baseball fan and NKOTB, let me ask you both a question....have you seen any coaching these past few years? Since Schlagel could have 3 penalties in a game, and still take a regular shift, I haven’t seen any kind of discipline or coaching! I’ve been curious since Coach Witt arrived if they watched film as a team, pointing out issues....doesn’t seem like it! What is our breakout scheme.....forecheck....center zone.....I would love to see the stats for time of possession...do we ever try and control the flow of the game and maintain puck possession? The Wildcats have some talented athletes but they are in desperate need of some coaching....IMHO👍
      Well I have only been really paying attention this year.

Comment

Big weekend for the Cats. Need to play strong in front of their goal. D has to give good outlet passes to the forwards. Forwards need to present there sticks to receive passes and most important catch the pass.
        Can't turn the puck over in the neutral zone. BU is very good on the transition. They will make you pay for your mistakes. BU has the ability to score a shorty.
        No dumb/lazy penalties. Be physical within the rules. Win the 50/50 battles with strong sticks Coaches need to coach the game and make changes during the game if needed. Demand from the players.

Comment

Originally posted by baseball fan View Post
          Big weekend for the Cats. Need to play strong in front of their goal. D has to give good outlet passes to the forwards. Forwards need to present there sticks to receive passes and most important catch the pass.
          Can't turn the puck over in the neutral zone. BU is very good on the transition. They will make you pay for your mistakes. BU has the ability to score a shorty.
          No dumb/lazy penalties. Be physical within the rules. Win the 50/50 battles with strong sticks Coaches need to coach the game and make changes during the game if needed. Demand from the players.
          Sounds like a Canadian pep talk for sure!

Comment

Well not a very big response. That tells me not many care about UNH womens hockey. The only thing that did not happen tonight is BU did not score a shorthanded goal.You would hope with a playoff game the team would respond. They did not. More of the same.I am out. It is not worth my time.

Comment

Well not a very big response. That tells me not many care about UNH womens hockey. The only thing that did not happen tonight is BU did not score a shorthanded goal.You would hope with a playoff game the team would respond. They did not. More of the same.I am out. It is not worth my time.
              [golf clap]

Comment

Instant classic. HOF-worthy thread.
                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                  Instant classic. HOF-worthy thread.
                  Well, he did say he was a baseball fan, and this isn't baseball.
                  "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Does this mean we are still stuck at 17?

Comment

It’s really a shame...these women deserve better! For those of you whom have recently begun following the women’s team, go to YouTube and check out the Wildcat teams, both genders, before Scarano became the AD....both teams competed at the top of Hockey East, if not in the NCAAs.....Lake Whitt was packed for every men’s game, the women averaged about 400 +.....both booster clubs held fun events that allowed the fans to interact and get to know their Wildcats (much more than 30 seconds on a signing line)...it wasn’t much but we raised money to help the team which the coaches counted on! You don’t think that UNH paid for the banners you see around the ice, nor the All-American and pro photos that are featured in the lobby and in the player’s hallway? How about the traveling skate sharpener? Maybe the parents paid for that , it gets confusing....to return to the beginning, these players deserve better! As fans, just as baseball fan noted, no one has been here to comment on this year’s playoff demise, aside from fans from BC and Minnesota! They’ll tell you about the days when this thread was always at the top of the forum threads.....UNH WAS a hockey school...who knows now! It’s criminal to see how this once great program has been dismantled.....we all want to see Coach Witt succeed but going into her year 6, it’s time for the Wildcats to finish with home ice and get themselves back to the HE playoffs.....again, for me, the coaches need to step up!

Comment

Nice article on former UNH star Jonna Curtis.

A Women’s Hockey Star Emerges Again at Home in Minnesota
                        https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/08/s...caps-nwhl.html
                        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Thanks for posting that article D2D.....also on UNH alumni, yesterday the Toronto Furies lost to Calgary in CWHL playoffs....or Coach Courtney Birchard-Kessel, Julie Allen and Julie Fedeski lost to Kacey Bellamy! It was a great 3 game battle....kudos to our alumni!
                          Soon Jonna Curtis will be playing the Riveters for the right to play Buffalo Beauts....go JC!

Comment

UNH is returning to club status. Maybe they can get a non league game with the Club team next season.

Comment

UNH is returning to club status. Maybe they can get a non league game with the Club team next season.
                              What the hell does that even mean? go back to baseball.

Comment

So the women’s hockey season for 2018-19 is over, both college and pro....I hope for those who love UNH women’s hockey, you’ll remember that there are many Alumni still stretching their legs on the ice and behind the bench! Jonna Curtis won the NWHL championship with her fellow Wildcat teammates Margo Lund and Amy Schlagel, while Kacey Bellamy was winning the CWHL Clarkson Cup! Many other Alum play in both leagues or for their countries, (Sam Faber retired this year, Julie Allen and Julie Fedeski skate for the Furies, Angie Taylor was Captain of her GB team)....and just like their male counterparts from UNH, are moving behind the bench....Courtney Birchard-Kessel was a nominee for Coach of the Year for the Toronto Furies, after she won gold for the U-18(?) as an ass’t. coach this year.....Jenn Gillian is goalie coach for a team that made the BC playoffs....and of course, Erin Hamlen at Merrimack......a great many phenomenal athletes and remarkable women who continue to represent Wildcat Nation very well!

Comment

Working...
                                X