Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What??? No UNH 2017-2018 Season Thread? Well, Here Ya Go!! :) :)

Re: What??? No UNH 2017-2018 Season Thread? Well, Here Ya Go!! :) :)

Quote Originally Posted by baseball fan View Post
    Big win for the Wildcats. Outstanding play in goal by Kyra Smith. Stopped a penalty shot. Wenczkowski big time shot off the faceoff to score the 3rd goal. Credit freshmen Lauren Martin for wining the faceoff.
    They need to get Dunbar going. It was a dumb penalty.Instead of benching her, work with her and try to restore her confidence. She is on an island by herself. Help her do not bury her. She is a good player. On Sat Rynne was not having a good day just could not keep up with the play. Make a change for a few shifts, put Dunbar up on that line. See what happens. If it doesn't work go back to Rynne. At least you get her attention. It is called Coaching within the game. You bench Dunbar but do not bench Rynne for slashing the goalie.
    Wenczkowski is carrying the team right now. Hope she can keep it going and a few other players can get hot. Hope the coaching staff is giving Smith time off during the week to keep her sharp physically and mentally.
    Not sure how much you have watched ND this year but this isnt her first transgression. Not to mention the fact that her stick does not have the ability to pass. Who would want to be on her line? She could help herself by being more of a team player. Slashing the goalie is bad - throwing the puck across the ice is stupid. One you can forgive for being aggressive(in most cases) the other you have to deal with.

I agree with you. It has got to the point where she does not pass. Why has it that. It has been going on for a number of years. Has the coaching staff sat her on the bench for not passing.? Is she a top six forward on this team? Is the coaching staff working with her to work on these issues.

Quote Originally Posted by baseball fan View Post
    I agree with you. It has got to the point where she does not pass. Why has it that. It has been going on for a number of years. Has the coaching staff sat her on the bench for not passing.? Is she a top six forward on this team? Is the coaching staff working with her to work on these issues.
    Im sure at some point they have sat with her. She has the talent to be a top 6. But shooting 30ft wrist shots every shift with no one in front of the goalie is useless.

What team will show up this weekend. these are the most important games. team needs to play hard and strong and no penalties. Smith needs to be on top of her game.

To answer you baseball fan and NKOTB, let me ask you both a question....have you seen any coaching these past few years? Since Schlagel could have 3 penalties in a game, and still take a regular shift, I havenít seen any kind of discipline or coaching! Iíve been curious since Coach Witt arrived if they watched film as a team, pointing out issues....doesnít seem like it! What is our breakout scheme.....forecheck....center zone.....I would love to see the stats for time of possession...do we ever try and control the flow of the game and maintain puck possession? The Wildcats have some talented athletes but they are in desperate need of some coaching....IMHO👍

Not enough space in this blog to answer that. I will say some players can do no wrong and other players are benched or reduced playing time. Coaching. Not enough space. They have a left winger who goes from the fourth line to the first line. They tell players to *get stronger gain weight but don't tell players they need to lose weight. At times we play like we are playing in an intramural league. It's called Div I Hockey East last time I checked. I would like to see some emotion from the coaching staff instead of leaning against the back of the bench or just standing there. Coaches need to take responsibility for the play of the team.

Thread Information