Utica College 2017-2018 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Utica College 2017-2018 season

Tough loss tonight. Can't be shorthanded half the 3rd period and expect to win a close game. Still, beat a winless King's next Friday and they lock up #1 seed in conference tourney.

Comment

Put a nail in their NCAA coffin.
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by jcase View Post
        Tough loss tonight. Can't be shorthanded half the 3rd period and expect to win a close game. Still, beat a winless King's next Friday and they lock up #1 seed in conference tourney.
        and let up a SHG as well

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
          Put a nail in their NCAA coffin.
          Oh I think they have a good shot... If they win out.

Comment

They're definitely on the bubble at tied for #9 in the east. They won't play any regionally ranked teams, just their own conference so no real quality wins coming up. They are 1-0-1 against ranked teams beating Salve Regina and tying Oz. Maybe that will help in the comparisons ?

Comment

They're definitely on the bubble at tied for #9 in the east. They won't play any regionally ranked teams, just their own conference so no real quality wins coming up. They are 1-0-1 against ranked teams beating Salve Regina and tying Oz. Maybe that will help in the comparisons ?
              Don't forget the loss to Adrian. I think that puts their RnK at 1-1-1. SOS is not their friend right now...even if they win out that may be what does them in.

Comment

OOps my bad, their done.

Comment

OOps my bad, their done.
                  No way, Shabby!

They win-out and *maybe* get a little bit of help, they ought to be one of the last teams in Pool C. Things are tight at the bottom of D-3 in the East. I can even see a Pool B in the offing, providing they take care of business and a couple of other teams don't.

UC has plenty to play for, IMO.
                  Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-13-2018, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by llama View Post
                    Don't forget the loss to Adrian. I think that puts their RnK at 1-1-1. SOS is not their friend right now...even if they win out that may be what does them in.
                    The "RnK" construct hasn't seemed to be in play much lately, aside from the "RnK" being essentially identical to the RPI. (Which begs the question... Oh, never mind. )

Anyway,I see Hobart, Endicott, Norwich and Geneseo as being in the same boat as Utica right now, as in: a stumble in the conference tournaments could well be fatal vis-a-vis the NCAA's.

I agree that UC's relative SOS stinks, but there's so much parity in D-3 right now that SOS ain't what it used to be.
                    Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-13-2018, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                      No way, Shabby!

They win-out and *maybe* get a little bit of help, they ought to be one of the last teams in Pool C. Things are tight at the bottom of D-3 in the East. I can even see a Pool B in the offing, providing they take care of business and a couple of other teams don't.

UC has plenty to play for, IMO.
                      I hope you're right. Bracketology doesn't give them much hope. Let's see them win out first.

Comment

Hope they win the league tonight. Do you realise there could be a FOUR way tie for first after tonight? Wild, I don't think I've ever seen that in all my years.

Oz and Trinity were upset last night, that helps UC's tourney chances.

Comment

Hope they win the league tonight. Do you realise there could be a FOUR way tie for first after tonight? Wild, I don't think I've ever seen that in all my years.

Oz and Trinity were upset last night, that helps UC's tourney chances.
                          I *think* they've clinched already, if conference wins are the first tiebreaker.

Comment

I *think* they've clinched already, if conference wins are the first tiebreaker.
                            First tie breaker (per UCHC web site) is head to head record among tied teams.
                            Conference wins are the second tiebreaker
                            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                              First tie breaker (per UCHC web site) is head to head record among tied teams.
                              Conference wins are the second tiebreaker
                              I couldn't find their website; the link on here lead me back to the USCHO UCHC page, and so did Google... But the UCHC Twitter feed says UC has sewn-up the top seed.

Edit: Having said that, a loss tonight would likely doom any hopes for an NCAA berth.
                              Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-17-2018, 03:05 PM.

Comment

I couldn't find their website; the link on here lead me back to the USCHO UCHC page, and so did Google... But the UCHC Twitter feed says UC has sewn-up the top seed.
                                Here for future reference is the UCHC web site: theuchc.com

I tend to ignore twitter (in fact I don't even know how to go there). My opinion is that twitter is one of the worst things that was ever developed.
                                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Working...
                                X