2017-18 DIII News, Game Notes, Etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
    Not necessarily, probably not even likely as Norwich was already buzzing getting more time on offense than the Panthers. But it was an extra stoppage as the refs conferred and went over to the scorer's table and possibly extra time if they didn't run enough time down as Norwich's play by play team suggested. Certainly would have been a lot more suspicious for the Cadets if it happened in the last minute and a half as opposed to 3 and a half.

I think it was almost certainly accidental but was worth noting.
    Was it though?!? Lol. Sounds like you're saying it didn't affect the outcome of the game, so...not a big deal after all.

Comment

• Re: 2017-18 DIII News, Game Notes, Etc

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
      Was it though?!? Lol. Sounds like you're saying it didn't affect the outcome of the game, so...not a big deal after all.
      I'm sorry I'm contradicting myself. I'll try again:

1) I in no way think anyone with Norwich Athletics or Norwich Women's Hockey intentionally planned or caused the clock not to run to give them more time to tie the game.

2) That said, I think Middlebury had been doing a good job of frustrating all of the rushes Norwich was getting for much of the period up to that point to prevent the tying goal. And I think the frustration of the moment combined with the extra stoppage could have contributed to the dam finally bursting on the Panthers. I think if that never happened there's a possibility the Panthers could have held the line and kept sending the puck down ice.

As I said in a previous post Norwich certainly could have tied without it. They were the better offensive team for the third period. They had more consistent runs of play in their zone and they even had a penalty kill where they had the Panthers playing defense including icing the puck despite being on the power play. However Norwich should have at least been charged their timeout or made to take the ensuing faceoff in their defensive zone for the clock issue. Or since they had already stopped to correct the issue the refs should have spent more time getting the correct amount of time off the clock.

Comment

• Been very quiet around here...the first published regional rankings on Tuesday...any projections ?

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
          Been very quiet around here...the first published regional rankings on Tuesday...any projections ?
          Going to be real tight between Norwich, Plattsburgh and Elmira.

Guess is Norwich still has enough even after tie vs. Middlebury to be on top but that tie certainly closed what was likely already a small gap to Plattsburgh/Elmira.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

Guess is Norwich still has enough even after tie vs. Middlebury to be on top but that tie certainly closed what was likely already a small gap to Plattsburgh/Elmira.
            My only question is does Conn College get ranked?

Comment

• Originally posted by obserbear View Post
              My only question is does Conn College get ranked?
              With ranking 8 East teams I can’t imagine Conn. College not being ranked.
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

As a Plattsburgh fan... I agree with this assessment...
                Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                  With ranking 8 East teams I can’t imagine Conn. College not being ranked.
                  I would have trouble after the fifth spot. Perhaps an all NESCAC #6 Conn, #7 Hamilton, #8 Williams? Too bad Endicott came up empty this weekend against Morrisville. Buffalo State?

Comment

• Originally posted by obserbear View Post
                    I would have trouble after the fifth spot. Perhaps an all NESCAC #6 Conn, #7 Hamilton, #8 Williams? Too bad Endicott came up empty this weekend against Morrisville. Buffalo State?
                    Knowing the smoke filled room antics, I wouldn't count on that. Look for a few surprises from that crew.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
                      #'s 6,7,8..agreed. Hammy is extremely frugal in the G.A.s. Also a chilling P.P. Like to see more depth on that team, though. Wm Smith and Buff St. are right there on the doorstep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Genbeau View Post
                        #'s 6,7,8..agreed. Hammy is extremely frugal in the G.A.s. Also a chilling P.P. Like to see more depth on that team, though. Wm Smith and Buff St. are right there on the doorstep.
                        I like William Smith much better than Buffalo even though they lost a tight 4-3 game to Buff earlier this season. Buff has much more of a fluff in-conference schedule without any question.

Comment

• Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                          I like William Smith much better than Buffalo even though they lost a tight 4-3 game to Buff earlier this season. Buff has much more of a fluff in-conference schedule without any question.
                          I was ready to agree until I looked at the OOC records of both. BUFF is 4-4-1 and Wm Smith is 4-3-1. Pretty close stat.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                            I was ready to agree until I looked at the OOC records of both. BUFF is 4-4-1 and Wm Smith is 4-3-1. Pretty close stat.
                            OOC records and opponents are similar, agreed. That's why I said their in-conference strength of schedules don't compare at all. Plattsburgh is the only good team Buff faces. WS faces Elmira, Stevenson, Utica, Manhattanville, and a renewed Neumann. Buff plays each conference opponent 4 times whereas WS plays each conference opponent only twice, like most normal conferences. It doesn't compare IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                              OOC records and opponents are similar, agreed. That's why I said their in-conference strength of schedules don't compare at all. Plattsburgh is the only good team Buff faces. WS faces Elmira, Stevenson, Utica, Manhattanville, and a renewed Neumann. Buff plays each conference opponent 4 times whereas WS plays each conference opponent only twice, like most normal conferences. It doesn't compare IMO.
                              Fair enough, good points. What about the KRACH S.O.S. category, though. It shows BUFF at 145.7 and Wm Sm lower at 89.68. Your thoughts. (or any one else out there.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Genbeau View Post
                                Fair enough, good points. What about the KRACH S.O.S. category, though. It shows BUFF at 145.7 and Wm Sm lower at 89.68. Your thoughts. (or any one else out there.)
                                My thoughts? Math sucks! Lol. The game is played on the ice with human beings that are imperfect and unpredictable, not on paper with stupid math equations.

Comment

Working...
                                X