Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
    Now, this just isn't true. It was not meant to be disrespectful. Kaepernick started kneeling specifically in order to show respect while still demonstrating his grievances with the nation. He was encouraged to do so by former Seahawks player and Green Beret Nate Boyer, who says, "Soldiers take a knee in front of a fallen brother's grave, you know, to show respect."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/h...g-to-kneeling/

Powers &8^]
    Yeah right, was I missing a fallen body on the feild? Like to hear the respect he meant to have when he showed up to practice with police pig socks on. Look you can debate the merits of his actions, preferably some where else, but regardless where he claimed to get the idea he knows he is antagonizing people. That is at least part of the plan, my point was there is no such intent from the Corner Crew...

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
    Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
    The Mule
    Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

• Originally posted by 35TH40TH View Post
      Holding my breath. Two goal leads have not been our friend this year..... Let's go Tigers..... only 20 more minutes...
      That's three or more goal leads. They are fine with two goal leads
      RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
        Preferably some where else
        You're allowed to bring it up, but I'm not allowed to challenge you?

but regardless where he claimed to get the idea
        Do you think Nate Boyer is lying about it?

That is at least part of the plan, my point was there is no such intent from the Corner Crew...
        The original plan was not to antagonize; the original plan was just (paraphrased) 'I don't feel like standing for a country that disrespects and demonizes large portions of its citizenry.'

Now, of course, we know that people are antagonized by it. But people are apparently antagonized by the Corner Crew's accompaniment too.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
          You're allowed to bring it up, but I'm not allowed to challenge you?

Do you think Nate Boyer is lying about it?

The original plan was not to antagonize; the original plan was just (paraphrased) 'I don't feel like standing for a country that disrespects and demonizes large portions of its citizenry.'

Now, of course, we know that people are antagonized by it. But people are apparently antagonized by the Corner Crew's accompaniment too.

Powers &8^]
          The debate is not realvent to the point I was making. In my mind the protests are meant to be disrespectful. You disagree with me fine. But my point was there was no intention of being provocative. Maybe you like that word better, but doesn't matter. This is RIT hockey thread not the NFL. So I'm not interested in proven you wrong on something not realvent

Thomas M. Naeger
          The Mule

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
            The debate is not realvent to the point I was making. In my mind the protests are meant to be disrespectful. You disagree with me fine. But my point was there was no intention of being provocative. Maybe you like that word better, but doesn't matter. This is RIT hockey thread not the NFL. So I'm not interested in proven you wrong on something not realvent

Darn, I was just about to bring up religion!

Hopefully the tigers can pull off another one tonight and move up the standings some more. It's hoping for a 'bye week's time!
            RIT Tigers

Comment

I'm surprised that this even came up in the boards and not handled in person. If it really came from the coaches, it's not like they don't know who the major players in the Corner Crew are and have to have it passed on to the USCHO message boards.

Games like last night are why everyone is frustrated with the team. They are clearly talented enough in my mind to win the AHA tournament. However, they have made it difficult after such a good first half of the season where instead of fighting for a 1 seed, they are fighting to get home ice in the first round.
              2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
              2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
              2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
              2010 Frozen Four participant
              2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                I'm surprised that this even came up in the boards and not handled in person. If it really came from the coaches, it's not like they don't know who the major players in the Corner Crew are and have to have it passed on to the USCHO message boards.

Games like last night are why everyone is frustrated with the team. They are clearly talented enough in my mind to win the AHA tournament. However, they have made it difficult after such a good first half of the season where instead of fighting for a 1 seed, they are fighting to get home ice in the first round.
                One of the corner crew leaders got an ear full about it at a recent game. I think everyone letting other frustration get to them on what is a small issue. Time for everyone to take a step back and get back to Hockey. This is a game right?

Thomas M. Naeger
                The Mule

Comment

• Originally posted by komey1 View Post

Go figure. Jekyll and Hyde. Great Result. Now the boys go back to Mercyhurst where they had their butts handed to them. Mercyhurst playing great too. Which Tiger team will show up?
                  RPI Engineers
                  RIT Tigers
                  ARMY Black Knights

Comment

• Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                    Go figure. Jekyll and Hyde. Great Result. Now the boys go back to Mercyhurst where they had their butts handed to them. Mercyhurst playing great too. Which Tiger team will show up?
                    Hopefully the same guys who played this weekend
                    RIT Tigers

Comment

• Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                      Hopefully the same guys who played this weekend
                      In other news. I think one of the Tiger alums was involved in this. I had a look at the box score.

https://***********/jordanstrack/sta...15598805753856
                      RPI Engineers
                      RIT Tigers
                      ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                        I think one of the Tiger alums was involved in this. I had a look at the box score.
                        Danny Smith got 5+game for fighting in a secondary altercation. In his defense, he probably had no idea what his jerk of a teammate had just done.

Powers &8^]

Comment

• Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                          Danny Smith got 5+game for fighting in a secondary altercation. In his defense, he probably had no idea what his jerk of a teammate had just done.

Powers &8^]
                          Agreed. The garbage that precipitated the fight was pretty ugly. As someone said on another board you have to like how the goalies just came to an accord and probably said ‘okay we’re done’. Also probably said ‘good fight’ to each other and then separated.
                          RPI Engineers
                          RIT Tigers
                          ARMY Black Knights

Comment

• Yahoo!
                            RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                              Yahoo!
                              I'll pick against RIT the rest of the season if it means they keep on winning.

Not only was this a big win, it was one of those wins where the team came together. Giving up the 3rd Mercyhurst goal late in the 2nd after a rash of penalties, I fully expected Mercyhurst to tie it and then most likely win it in the 3rd period. When they did tie it in the third I was waiting for the other shoe to drop... then much to my surprise I was freaking happy to see RIT grab the lead back! Big gut check there... to keep it on an even keel. Even then I thought Mercyhurst would tie it late....and they did. Then, of the three possibilities in overtime, I was expecting, one, a Mercyhurst win, two, a tie, or three, an RIT win... in that order..... an even bigger gut check. Needless to say, very happy with the OT goal!

I'm a pessimist, but this team is growing up, I want to believe in them, I do believe in them, they need to continue with the road winning streak next weekend... go Tigers!
                              RPI Engineers
                              RIT Tigers
                              ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                                I knew this was going to bring up the "Home of the Tigers" debate again.

Looks guys, I respect your opinions, but I think your going a little PC overboard here. Which is especially Ironic giving the recent PC change to the Canadian Anthem. I think many who know me would consider me a patriotic guy. And the NFL players anthem protest bother me for the simple fact that they are meant to be disrespectful. Which I don't think any of the kids in the corner crew mean to be. There is kind of a balance here, let us not forget the entire tradition of playing the national anthem before a sporting event was really born out of post World War I, some might even argue propaganda that extended into the cold war. I've always found it nice, but a bit odd that something like that is taken so serious at a game.

Let's be honest, a lot of what the Corner Crew does borders on and ever so often cross the lines of taste, respect, and political correctness. It is the reason why I migrated away after my college days, but I at the same time I can be found at the top crew some days. They are kids, is it really that surprising they are a bit immature? And when they do cross the line, Dave Faas and company does a pretty good of bring the kids back. God I miss Alex Lewis, when people crossed the line he would really get mad and yell at them.

Let's not get over excited over Cornell screaming RED! or Home of the Tigers, or even Home of the Sioux! That really gets them going eh? And with respect to players and coaches, especially considering this season they have better things to worry about...
                                Hey, I'm going to (kind of) agree with Tom for the second time this week! I think that's a record.

Is making sounds to mimic instrument parts left out of the arrangement of "O, Canada" disrespectful? I don't think so at all (for example, an a cappella arrangement might include similar sounds), but if it bothers the players and coaches then it should stop.

Comment

Working...
                                X