Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks West, that is indeed the same article that I read.

Good for RIT to make a change and mix things up a bit in the coaching staff to shore up the goaltending.
    RPI Engineers
    RIT Tigers
    ARMY Black Knights

Comment

• Re: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

You know, I thought that name sounded familiar...

https://www.democratandchronicle.com...wchl/22469085/

Powers &8^]

Comment

• Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
        Thanks West, that is indeed the same article that I read.

Good for RIT to make a change and mix things up a bit in the coaching staff to shore up the goaltending.
        You make it sound like it needed shoring up...oh yeah😁
        RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
          You make it sound like it needed shoring up...oh yeah��
          Yes goaltending was not consistent. But what/how much can a volunteer goalie coach can do with limited time on the ice and from I can see limited talent? Either these players are good enough or they are not. Coaching or wrong players? We have had good, average and not so good. We may be in the not so good area and need a good goalie very quick or another long season is waiting!!!!
          Last edited by Hockeyplayer82; 06-05-2018, 11:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
            You make it sound like it needed shoring up...oh yeah😁
            Finishing 11th out of 11 teams with a 3.35 goals per game average is a pretty good sign that the barricades need to be shored up...

Not one players fault.. watching the Stanley Cup you see Holtby give up juicy rebound after juicy rebound but you also see the defense cleaning up the majority of those rebounds. For those rebounds that are picked up by Vegas you then see Holtby making great saves. Not apples to apples but you know what I mean. We need to improve on those goals per game numbers this upcoming season..
            RPI Engineers
            RIT Tigers
            ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeyplayer82 View Post
              Either these players are good enough or they are not.
              That depends on where their faults lie. Maybe more than other positions, a goalie with a wealth of skill but poor techniques and positioning will not succeed. Maybe the coach is just what they need, and maybe it isn't. At the very least, it certainly couldn't hurt. How much worse could it get? ... Wait... Don't answer that.
              Can't we all just get along?
              Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                Finishing 11th out of 11 teams with a 3.35 goals per game average is a pretty good sign that the barricades need to be shored up...

Not one players fault.. watching the Stanley Cup you see Holtby give up juicy rebound after juicy rebound but you also see the defense cleaning up the majority of those rebounds. For those rebounds that are picked up by Vegas you then see Holtby making great saves. Not apples to apples but you know what I mean. We need to improve on those goals per game numbers this upcoming season..
                My sarcasim just boarded the fail boat.

The goal tending last year was a good light/bad light situation. I long for the days when there was a dependable goalie, night in and night out. The defense was no help last year either so there much improvement needed in both areas. Hopefully the goalie coach can help in both.
                RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Lost the 2 best dmen, most effective forward/leader and there is no clear cut #1 goalie. The dzone coverage and mistakes were mind boggling. I have no idea where this team gets better in net, better defense and who can score besides Brown. How about the real coaches? They need to do something quick. I do not think the new Prez will accept another disappointing season. On paper recruiting class looks good, hopefully something will click.

Comment

I do not think the new Prez will accept another disappointing season.
                    If he even cares.
                    The athletic director on the other hand...
                    Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Yes goaltending was not consistent. But what/how much can a volunteer goalie coach can do with limited time on the ice and from I can see limited talent? Either these players are good enough or they are not. Coaching or wrong players? We have had good, average and not so good. We may be in the not so good area and need a good goalie very quick or another long season is waiting!!!!
                      All I can say is Geneseo has had some pretty darn good goaltending at the D3 level for the past several years. How much did Perno play a role in that? I don't know. I just lay that out as a data point.
                      Russell Jaslow
                      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                        All I can say is Geneseo has had some pretty darn good goaltending at the D3 level for the past several years. How much did Perno play a role in that? I don't know. I just lay that out as a data point.
                        29 games, 600 shots, just over 20 shots a game and on a really really good team, Geneseo won because the team is a top 4 team in the country. I am sure he will be fine. Its the players on the roster, I think you misinterpreted the quote. Nothing against a new coach or the old coach. Recruiting, RIT needs players!

Comment

I honestly welcome new thinking for goaltenders in the program. There were a lot of goaltending decisions that the logic of escaped me. A fresh approach is needed, so to me this is a good move.

To me where the key is next year for the Tigers is going to be leadership and in the room. This team got sloppy after back to back AHA Championships and if anything got more talent. Look at what these kids did in Juniors and you can tell they are no bums off the street. Coaching staff has seem to do about all it can, the lesson has to be learned in the room. It has not been a large number of mistakes as much as just horrible gasps at the worst moments. We saw them up and down the line up. This team cuts out the sloppy play and gets solid goaltender then they will be right back at the top of the league. Talent is there, it's the heads that are not on straight!
                          Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                          The Mule
                          Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Head coach decides who plays not volunteer.

Goalies/defense need huge improvement from last year.

Leadership will be interesting, good point.

I agree with the horrible mistakes and there were a lot. Coaching?? Division 1 players cannot make those mistakes, we have not seen those mistakes, maybe ever. Coaches or players?????

Recruiting class last year was well below average. 2 players were effective. Recruiting class this year looks good.

The season is months away and it just does not seem like there are strengths to discuss with the team.

Comment

I know the Tigers schedule has yet to be released, but I did see this on the ASU schedule:
                              FEB 1 (FRI) AT RIT ROCHESTER, NY
                              FEB 2 (SAT) AT RIT ROCHESTER, NY

I'm sure the coaches and players (and fans willing to travel) kind of wish this one were on the road, eh? Hockey in Phoenix (technically Tempe, but whatever) in February? What could be better? AIC gets to go to Tempe on Feb 15/16. Lucky them.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                                I know the Tigers schedule has yet to be released, but I did see this on the ASU schedule:
                                FEB 1 (FRI) AT RIT ROCHESTER, NY
                                FEB 2 (SAT) AT RIT ROCHESTER, NY

I'm sure the coaches and players (and fans willing to travel) kind of wish this one were on the road, eh? Hockey in Phoenix (technically Tempe, but whatever) in February? What could be better? AIC gets to go to Tempe on Feb 15/16. Lucky them.
                                We also know:
                                Sat 10/20 vs Colgate @ Blue Cross (Brick City Homecoming)
                                Sat 11/24 @ Northeastern
                                Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                                College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                                Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
                                Men's Frozen Four 2010
                                Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                                Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X