MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

I have a question and no offense to your fans but who's the genius at the University that decided that women's purses & clutches were security risks and banned them?
    There's being cautious and then there's just being absurd and paranoid.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
      I have a question and no offense to your fans but who's the genius at the University that decided that women's purses & clutches were security risks and banned them?
      There's being cautious and then there's just being absurd and paranoid.
      This happened after a threat the university took pretty seriously a couple months ago. I know they have been banned at football games for awhile now so naturally hockey eventually was included. I am no expert though.

Comment

What do they think can be smuggled in a purse that can't be hidden under a coat? Ridiculous!

Comment

It's telling what a difference a five-day rest can do.

I'd like to hand out stars
          3rd star: MSU defense, which for the most part played a clean game in their own end and limited the number of dangerous chances Lethemon had to handle
          2nd star: Hey, Lethemon did get the shutout, so he needs to get one of these
          1st star: The third and fourth lines, which made more of a difference tonight than I think I've seen all year. Apap really does make an impact, but those guys (especially Brody Stevens) really stepped it up with play in offensive zone.

In all, MSU looked like a confident bunch tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
            What do they think can be smuggled in a purse that can't be hidden under a coat? Ridiculous!
            Not that I've ever done it but I understand that one can sneak in a flask filled with your favorite beverage, in a inner coat pocket. If the University still offered Coca-Cola instead of that dreadful pepsi misery, one could add it to their coke. But now, just get a Coffee or Hot Chocolate and add to that.

Comment

Despite Thursday going down to the wire and the nice comeback, I thought our performance was disappointing. Minnesota outplayed us in every facet of the game. Their speed advantage was glaring and we looked weak defensively both in transition and in our inability to knock them off the puck in our own zone. That was a very strange game considering the short handed goals and each team scoring on a harmless dump in from the neutral zone.

Last night was much better. We played with far more vigor and physicality. It was bitterly disappointing to lose it in the final minutes again but I can't complain about the team's performance especially in the wake of Lewandowski and Hirose exiting the lineup early.

I hope Hirose is ok. It's a good thing we have a week off to heal up and rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                Despite Thursday going down to the wire and the nice comeback, I thought our performance was disappointing. Minnesota outplayed us in every facet of the game. Their speed advantage was glaring and we looked weak defensively both in transition and in our inability to knock them off the puck in our own zone. That was a very strange game considering the short handed goals and each team scoring on a harmless dump in from the neutral zone.

Last night was much better. We played with far more vigor and physicality. It was bitterly disappointing to lose it in the final minutes again but I can't complain about the team's performance especially in the wake of Lewandowski and Hirose exiting the lineup early.

I hope Hirose is ok. It's a good thing we have a week off to heal up and rest.
                If there has been one thing that I have seen almost consistently this year as a nagging issue, it has been lack of speed. In fact, with varying degrees this has been an issue (with a few exceptions) ever since the program began its steep decline.

Comment

I almost never weigh in on things external to hockey, but Mark Hollis' impending resignation is part of an important reset both for the University as a whole and MSU athletics. Accountability, Responsibility, Communication, Openness.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                    I almost never weigh in on things external to hockey, but Mark Hollis' impending resignation is part of an important reset both for the University as a whole and MSU athletics. Accountability, Responsibility, Communication, Openness.
                    It is a tough time to be a MSU graduate and supporter. The things that are coming out about the situation are just unfathomable.

Now an ESPN article is out saying "..An Outside the Lines investigation has found a pattern of widespread denial, inaction and information suppression of such allegations by officials ranging from campus police to the Spartan athletic department, whose top leader, Mark Hollis, announced his retirement on Friday."

Who knows where this article will lead. It focuses on instances with the football and basketball programs.

A link to the article if you haven't already read it- http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/...ssar-case-espn

Comment

Originally posted by gomsuman View Post
                      It is a tough time to be a MSU graduate and supporter. The things that are coming out about the situation are just unfathomable.

Now an ESPN article is out saying "..An Outside the Lines investigation has found a pattern of widespread denial, inaction and information suppression of such allegations by officials ranging from campus police to the Spartan athletic department, whose top leader, Mark Hollis, announced his retirement on Friday."

Who knows where this article will lead. It focuses on instances with the football and basketball programs.

A link to the article if you haven't already read it- http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/...ssar-case-espn
                      Wonder if they'll go more in depth on OTL when it airs tonight.
                      https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
                      https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                      NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                      Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Originally posted by gomsuman View Post

All of this is going somewhere that is very, very, very bad for anyone who calls themselves a fan of MSU sports.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                          All of this is going somewhere that is very, very, very bad for anyone who calls themselves a fan of MSU sports.
                          I am a University of Louisville fan, so it goes without saying, to a certain degree, I (we) know what you the fans are going through. I know situations are different, but when people affiliated with your university do reprehensible things, it's sometimes hard to put the school logo on. I can't put in words how badly I feel for the victims of these crimes, but MSU fans and alumni are also victims in this situation. Looks like we will have to take down a banner to be able to move on. Not a big deal compared to what is going to need to occur before the victims in your situation can move on. Thoughts and prayers for all of you.
                          “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
                          – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
                          when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

The scandal at Michigan State is like watching an atomic bomb exploding in slow motion.
                            I'm afraid all MSU sports will suffer ultimately in one way or another. I think what the NCAA will do will make Penn State's punishment look like a slap on the wrist.

Comment

A good friend of mine has a daughter on Team USA's softball team roster and he told me some years ago the he was convinced MSU's softball coach Jackie Joseph must have some dirt on somebody high up to be one of the worst coaches in the B1G but still keeps her job year after year.
                              During the last season of the CCHA I asked Ron Mason why she's still around and was given some excuses I thought weren't very plausible but didn't push it because after all, this is Ron Mason.
                              It would be a terrible thing if he knew things that would tarnish his legacy.
                              Since some of the accusers are former MSU softball players I can only wonder.

Comment

Mens basketball is now subject of twitter sphere rumors.
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X