Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

About last night ...

Grist for the mill-type question: If goalie interference can be reviewed, why can't a call be made for a skater batting out a puck in the crease with a gloved hand?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
      Not trying to troll but I have to side with UMICH on this. All evidence in the public eye seems to unerringly show those in the employ of the Athletic Department were directly involved with the cover up which ultimately makes the Athletic Department and University as a whole culpable regardless of the details of his employment. At least I believe that will be the final court rulings as the various lawsuits come to their conclusion down the road.
      There are instances where there were people ignored, and that's definitely on the department. But it is wholly inaccurate to call the doctor an employee of the department. And with HIPAA rules, by law the department could not find out about it unless the patient waives those rights. That's the very difficult thing to deal with. Unfortunately, in the instances where they WERE informed, nothing happened to stop it.

In essence, this would be the same as a worker for a construction company hired by the athletic department committing crimes. To blame an entire department for all of that is nothing but vindictive and opportunistic.

Comment

I'm not trying to be mean or short-sighted, only offering a legal opinion which BTW, I have a certain level of expertise.
        Like I said, ultimately when the legal system has run it's course then we can get back to who's right and who's wrong and the official investigations are far from complete.
        Right now I'm more interested in the most likely scenario of us meeting again in the first round of the B1G tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by owslachief View Post
          About last night ...

Grist for the mill-type question: If goalie interference can be reviewed, why can't a call be made for a skater batting out a puck in the crease with a gloved hand?
          Was that the reason it wasn't called? I figured it was because the puck was in the air and not physically on the crease, but it certainly looked like he grabbed the puck and threw it out.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
            Was that the reason it wasn't called? I figured it was because the puck was in the air and not physically on the crease, but it certainly looked like he grabbed the puck and threw it out.
            Hmmm. I guess that may be something for the ref to interpret ... whether grabbing the puck was equivalent to holding it.
            67.1  A defending player, except the goalkeeper, shall not be permitted to fall on the puck, hold the puck or gather the puck into the body or hands when the puck is within the goal crease.

PENALTY—Penalty shot/optional minor; an additional penalty shall not be assessed.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
              It's the second straight week that one of their defensemen grabbed and threw a puck. They readily admitted they're coached to do that after the Friday night win over Wisconsin.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                There are instances where there were people ignored, and that's definitely on the department. But it is wholly inaccurate to call the doctor an employee of the department. And with HIPAA rules, by law the department could not find out about it unless the patient waives those rights. That's the very difficult thing to deal with. Unfortunately, in the instances where they WERE informed, nothing happened to stop it.

In essence, this would be the same as a worker for a construction company hired by the athletic department committing crimes. To blame an entire department for all of that is nothing but vindictive and opportunistic.
                You're wrong and you know it. Most people on spartys campus knew that Nassar was a creep. Still they did nothing about it, even when his crimes were reported. It was all conveniently swept under the rug. Just like a Penn State. I am in no way trying to make you feel worse about this occurrence, just the Nassar thing itself was bad enough. I'm telling you, and have been telling everyone for years that sexual deviance is in the climate in east landfill. Nassar was fine after he graduated from Michigan, it's only after he received his D.O. (I am not a fan of D.O.'s but I do believe in "parts" of their philosophy) and became an EMPLOYEE of sparty when he turned creepy. I mean look at the 16 or 17 sparty football players who were involved in sexual cases since Dantonio took over. Look at how the Appling/Payne rape "disappeared" after Izzo got involved. Look at, I think it was Rucker, who absolutely destroyed one of your hockey players because he was talking to his girl. Look at Rather Hall. Etc.

Yes things will unfortunately happen on college campuses. I'll even name a few of Michigan's more high profile incidents. Steven Kampher being body-slammed outside of the Residence Hall by a wrestler. The wrestler whose name escapes me at the moment but was from the state of ohio, was immediately booted out of The University. As a side note Kampher was later attacked by two sparty hockey players (Corey Tropp and Andrew Conboy- I'm sure that you remember) a couple of months later. There was, I think Boubacar Cissoko (not entirely sure) who committed multiple crimes but was later booted off of the team. Frank Clark who was also dismissed. Actually Hoke brought several bad news guys to Michigan. But closer to the Nassar epidemic was Gibbons, still nowhere near it but not good the same. I fully blame Rich Clod for not revealing what had actually happened back when he was here. Hoke later found out about it, looked for more information, apparently the administration dropped the ball on the incident because Rich Clod covered it up, and then Hoke finally took action. I still partially blame Hoke for letting Gibbons play in the Iowa game but at least he did take action. I'm also ashamed of the Admins review process for these types of incidents but the good news is policie have been adjusted for the better.

But simply saying that it happens everywhere is not an excuse. It is unforgivable regardless.
                Originally posted by alfablue
                Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

It's the second straight week that one of their defensemen grabbed and threw a puck. They readily admitted they're coached to do that after the Friday night win over Wisconsin.
                  You are allowed to do that in the defensive zone.
                  I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                    You are allowed to do that in the defensive zone.
                    Flat out wrong.

Rule 618 | Handling Puck with Hands
                    (a) Play shall be stopped and a last play face-off shall occur anytime a player (except the goalkeeper) closes his hand on the puck and does not immediately drop the puck to the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                      Most people on spartys campus knew that Nassar was a creep. Still they did nothing about it, even when his crimes were reported.

Nassar was fine after he graduated from Michigan, it's only after he received his D.O. and became an EMPLOYEE of sparty when he turned creepy.
                      You've said some ridiculous stuff before, but this has to be the topper. So he was fine there, but it was his move to East Lansing that turned him? You are sick and warped.

Comment

Just ignore him. He's either a troll or someone who so fully embodies the stereotype that there's no sense in trying to have a discussion. Heck, he even annoys other UM posters.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Flat out wrong.

Rule 618 | Handling Puck with Hands
                          (a) Play shall be stopped and a last play face-off shall occur anytime a player (except the goalkeeper) closes his hand on the puck and does not immediately drop the puck to the ice.
                          But hands were never closed on the puck, batting and closing your hand on the puck are two totally different things. I was at both games in question (admittedly I didn't see Saturday's play in person as my vantage point was obscured by players.) I was on that Blue line where the Wisconsin play occured. Dancs batted the puck out of the zone as he was on the blue line which we all know is in when exiting the zone. Both replays confirmed this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wypcnPTPcc

1:44:00

I couldn't locate the Dancs (at least I think it was Dancs) bat against Wisconsin but trust me.

Comment

You've said some ridiculous stuff before, but this has to be the topper. So he was fine there, but it was his move to East Lansing that turned him? You are sick and warped.

Prove me wrong. I typed a full explanation. Prove me wrong. Covering your ears and screaming I'm not listening doesn't make it untrue.

Comment

Who's ready for awkward senior night?

ok maybe save one

At any rate, looks like we're going back to the pre-game ceremony format. We'll see how important it is for DC to play the two guys that don't normally get the call.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                                Who's ready for awkward senior night?

ok maybe save one

At any rate, looks like we're going back to the pre-game ceremony format. We'll see how important it is for DC to play the two guys that don't normally get the call.
                                Game is sold out, hopefully it's a good environment.

I would think Minney gets the nod. It's not the last game of the regular season so it's not going to kill momentum going into the playoffs if things go wrong. On the other hand, we have ND next weekend, so maybe it could. I guess we'll see.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Working...
                                X