• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

Originally posted by wsummers View Post
    For sure DeRidder, Cesana, Mattson.
    Very likely Wishman
    And probably 1 or 2 more forwards. Stachowiak and Lombardi might be the most likely, but there are several more possibilities to fill very few spots.
    Is this the Stachowiak that if you tried to sound out his first name like it's spelled, it would never be right, but if he says it, sounds perfectly normal? That one? Never saw that he committed but OK cool.

Comment

MSU's 4th 2021 recruit is D David Gucciardi from Don Mills Academy.

Comment

Team awards:

Distinguished Spartan Award – Jim Slater
        Ron Mason MVP – Taro Hirose
        Spartan Shield Award – Butrus Ghafari
        Bill Burgess Outstanding Senior – Carson Gatt
        Outstanding Offensive Player – Taro Hirose
        Dr. John Downs Outstanding Defensive Player – Carson Gatt
        Amo Bessone Award – Brennan Sanford
        Most Improved Player – Patrick Khodorenko
        Outstanding Rookie – Mitchell Lewandowski
        Spartan Fitness Award – Patrick Khodorenko, Logan Lambdin, Zach Osburn
        Steve Swistak Memorial Scholarship – Sam Saliba
        Blue Line Club President’s Award – Carson Gatt
        Goofus Award – Jake Smith
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
          I'm hoping to get 3 seasons out of him.

I'm curious to see who shows up as freshmen next year. There are far more recruits slotted for 2018 than spaces available.
          According to College Hockey Inc, there's seven commits for four spots. Heisenberg has 11.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• Originally posted by owslachief View Post
            Is this the Stachowiak that if you tried to sound out his first name like it's spelled, it would never be right, but if he says it, sounds perfectly normal? That one? Never saw that he committed but OK cool.
            Wojciech Stachowiak..I’ll let you do the pronouncing of the first name. Switched from the DNL to Central Illinois in USHL. 6’1” 187 from Poland. Had 9 goals in 38 games after dominating in DNL.

Heisenberg has him coming this year...we should know soon...

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
              Team awards:

Distinguished Spartan Award – Jim Slater
              Ron Mason MVP – Taro Hirose
              Spartan Shield Award – Butrus Ghafari
              etc ...
              Thanks! I wandered in here looking to see who went to the banquet. How was the food?

Comment

Originally posted by wsummers View Post
                Wojciech Stachowiak..I’ll let you do the pronouncing of the first name. Switched from the DNL to Central Illinois in USHL. 6’1” 187 from Poland. Had 9 goals in 38 games after dominating in DNL.

Heisenberg has him coming this year...we should know soon...
                So my Polish colleague says it's Vo-Check. OK, good hockey name.

Comment

• Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                  Thanks! I wandered in here looking to see who went to the banquet. How was the food?
                  Oh, I didn't go. That was just copied from the Athletics website.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                    How was the food?
                    I'm guessing the typical Hooters fare.
                    Originally posted by alfablue
                    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Sparty gets a commitment from the Krygier twins. Both had been committed to Wisconsin. They plan to enter school this fall

Comment

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
                        Sparty gets a commitment from the Krygier twins. Both had been committed to Wisconsin. They plan to enter school this fall
                        That's 13 commits now. We're gonna have to scratch ten guys a night at this rate.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                          That's 13 commits now. We're gonna have to scratch ten guys a night at this rate.
                          With the addition of Christian and Cole, there is no way there will be room for every verbal. Cole’s recruiting style certainly appears much different from Anastos. Cole looks to be loading up with lots of prospects, but only taking some each year that he feels will help improve the team...the others can wait or more likely go elsewhere. Defense should be deeper and stronger next year.

Now, if we can put together a second scoring line we can be a pretty good team.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsummers View Post
                            With the addition of Christian and Cole, there is no way there will be room for every verbal. Cole’s recruiting style certainly appears much different from Anastos. Cole looks to be loading up with lots of prospects, but only taking some each year that he feels will help improve the team...the others can wait or more likely go elsewhere. Defense should be deeper and stronger next year.

Now, if we can put together a second scoring line we can be a pretty good team.
                            Cole definitely will have to dish out some hard truths to both commits and possibly current players. We are way, way overloaded right now.

While Anastos' vow to stay committed to Comley recruits was admirable I think we can all agree it was not the best way to build a program. Cole looks willing to be far more business-like which while seeming a little callous is probably the best route to getting back to winning hockey.
                            Last edited by Pirateasaur; 04-26-2018, 06:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
                              I'm curious as to why they flipped. They look pretty young. Perhaps Granato wanted another year of juniors out of them and they want to start their college career? Maybe MSU is just so hot right now?

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                                I'm curious as to why they flipped. They look pretty young. Perhaps Granato wanted another year of juniors out of them and they want to start their college career? Maybe MSU is just so hot right now?
                                Wisconsin thread says a combination of playing time and academics.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Working...
                                X