Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

Of course that means we need to beat Bentley. They've won every game since Thanksgiving, going 6-0 including a road win at Lowell. Will be tricky to navigate those games, they always seem to do damage against us.

Comment

• Originally posted by njdevscup30 View Post
      Of course that means we need to beat Bentley. They've won every game since Thanksgiving, going 6-0 including a road win at Lowell. Will be tricky to navigate those games, they always seem to do damage against us.
      ..besides Lowell, they've also recently beaten Brown, AIC, & Dartmouth... all convincingly... all on the road. Would be nice to get in some strong practices; try cool these guys some. #destroykryptonite 😊
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

The very thought of Bentley makes me breakout in hives!!!
        "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• A very Happy New Yr to Husky Nation and college hockey fans everywhere! 😊
          GO NU HOCKEY
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
            The very thought of Bentley makes me breakout in hives!!!
            Ha, ha, you have been saying this for years. :-)

I hope to be back in time for the Friday game at the JAR, but if not, maybe in time for next night in Boston Arena.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
              Ha, ha, you have been saying this for years. :-)...
              ...and with good reason!

Comment

• congrats to Davies & Sikura, winning their tournament over in Europe. Hopefully get them back in time & rested and ready to go Friday.
                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Primeau Hockey East Goalie of the Month. Well deserved

Team Canada for Olympics will be announced on Jan 11. So we have about a week to wait and see if Davies/Sikura will be chosen. I'm expecting to lose Sikura.
                  "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                    Primeau Hockey East Goalie of the Month. Well deserved

Team Canada for Olympics will be announced on Jan 11. So we have about a week to wait and see if Davies/Sikura will be chosen. I'm expecting to lose Sikura.
                    Do you know the dates of his obligation to the Olympic team? They will need to assemble and practice for some period of time before leaving for Korea.

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
                      Do you know the dates of his obligation to the Olympic team? They will need to assemble and practice for some period of time before leaving for Korea.
                      The actual Olympic Hockey Tournament is Feb 10-25. Back that up to ~Feb 1 for travel/acclimatization/in-country practices. Back that up even further for post-selection stuff like photo shoots, getting fitted for the fancy Olympic wardrobes, pre-departure team meetings, practices, etc. Bottom line, any college players selected for any of the Olympic teams may well have played their last college game -- at least for this year.

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
                        No idea, but if he is selected he won't play the rest of the regular season, and there is a chance he could be back for the postseason. First weekend in March will be the Octofinals, which I hope NU can avoid this year given the state of the conference. I do not think it's unreasonable to expect him to be back in time for the quarterfinals
                        "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

• will be happy for him/ them if they make it. its the Olympics... take it all in. hopefully be back for post season.

For Northeastern to be able to have Olympians from both, the men's & (ex) women's hockey teams with Kendall Coyne going again... overall, its a good thing.

Also, congrats to Primeau on the hockey east honors.

Bentley tomorrow, Saturday again, go Huskies!
                          Last edited by northeastern; 01-04-2018, 10:22 AM.
                          GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Primeau national rookie of the month
                            "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

• Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                              Primeau national rookie of the month
                              good for him!
                              he's made the adjustments to adapt to the college gm... hopefully just enjoys himself & helps team down the stretch.
                              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                                For Northeastern to be able to have Olympians from both, the men's & (ex) women's hockey teams with Kendall Coyne going again... overall, its a good thing.
                                Don't forget the MVP of the 2014 Olympics, Florence Schelling

Comment

Working...
                                X