Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
    Jeremy Davies and Dylan Sikura will miss the AIC game to play for Canada.

Our defense corps suddenly looks very much like a nightmare
    Not at all!
    If we can't beat AIC (a.k.a. "Almost in College) without #s 4 and 9, we don't belong in the top 20. Perhaps Solomon will dress, but the coaches will rotate the other 5 Ds and give Solomon several shifts each period - more if we are leading by a comfortable margin.

Interestingly, #18 led the NAHL last year with something like a +35. Apparently, good things happened when he was on the ice.

I have no idea whether one of the recruits who might come in early would offer any more than Solomon. #18 should have a feel for the D1 game from practicing against some pretty good forwards. Does any other poster have a handle on the recruits and what they might bring?

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
      Jeremy Davies and Dylan Sikura will miss the AIC game to play for Canada.
      The change in landscape hopefully does Sikura good, to then bring back to NU.
      Davies.. what can i say.. great work ethic.. Good for them both!

In other Husky news.. Dallas Stars trade Jamie Oleksiak to the Penguins for future (2019) draft pick. Change.. just part of life.
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=353718

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=353718

nice, thank you. local kid, glad he will be closer to home as well.
          GO NU HOCKEY
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

If he can play responsible defense and make a breakout pass that is good enough for me. We don't need him to come in and instantly replace Cockerill's offensive output. Get his feet wet, chip in how he can, and he'll be alright. He's a big defensive defenseman.
            "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
              If he can play responsible defense and make a breakout pass that is good enough for me. We don't need him to come in and instantly replace Cockerill's offensive output. Get his feet wet, chip in how he can, and he'll be alright. He's a big defensive defenseman.
              Collin has grown a bit since he committed about two years ago. As for his offense? He had a goal and an assist - Both came against Chicago last Saturday night. I wonder if he know about GR by that time. No history of being particularly offensive.I really want him to simply defend. Any O will be a bonus. Perhaps Williams will assume the mantle on the PP.
              Last edited by HHound; 12-21-2017, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Listening to the Ducks/Isles game. Isles announcers made a point in stating that Kevin Roy and Patrick Roy are not related.
                Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.
                —H. L. Mencken

Comment

This is a great opportunity for Billy Carrabino to get some quality minutes. He looks like he has potential to be a very solid D man for the huskies and hopefully after a year or two be the leader on the D. I see him throw his weight around at least. I would like to see Bobby Hampton and Billy Carrabino be solid leaders in this freshman class. I’m not saying they are the most skilled but they can turn into solid role guys.
                  These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
                    When Cockerill did not dress for three games and there was no mention of an injury, I wondered if something was amiss. I waited to see if other posters closer to the program/team would allude to an issue and that silence made me wonder more. I hoped that the Staff was using playing time as a wake up call regarding his defensive responsibilities. In the bigger picture, it's too bad that this has happened when Garret is so close to his degree. I hope he finds a way to finish up and get his degree.
                    Cockerill signs with the Kalamazoo Wings of the ECHL.

Comment

It's never fun to see a player leave a program in the middle of his senior year. Wishing him nothing but the best both on and off the ice.
                      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                        It's never fun to see a player leave a program in the middle of his senior year. Wishing him nothing but the best both on and off the ice.
                        Let's hope that after a couple of years in the real world, Garret realizes the benefits of completing the requirements for his B.S. - and decides to do something about it.

Comment

3 Huskies on First Half All-Hockey East Team

http://www.hockeyjournal.com/nehocke...ticleId1276155
                          https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                          Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                            3 Huskies on First Half All-Hockey East Team

http://www.hockeyjournal.com/nehocke...ticleId1276155
                            Wow! Been a long time since anyone has been able to say that about this program. Oh, and Merry Christmas all.
                            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                              Wow! Been a long time since anyone has been able to say that about this program. Oh, and Merry Christmas all.
                              ... all good. And a Merry Christmas to Husky Nation, all the best this wknd!
                              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Recruit roundup- going through each of the 26 recruits in the pipeline and talking about their skills, scouts' takes on them, possible ETAs, and statistics so far this season. Broken up by league they are playing in, sorted alphabetically.

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/re...e-jim-madigan/
                                "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X