Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

Originally posted by Richard View Post
    They won the HE championship game, I was there, he played well. He also gave up 2 goals from behind the net. So...
    So... he must've played really bad in the other games against UML to have such a bad sv% overall against them?

I didn't say he played poorly in a specific game against UML, I was disagreeing with the premise that UML has historically been a good matchup for him. FWIW non-Ruck goalies have put up a .893 sv% against UML in the span that he put up an .873.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tilldog40 View Post
      I think they just need to use their talent to score goals and not try to do to much. Seems like they try too hard to make every goal a sportscenter top ten play. Shoot the puck and get the rebound.
      +1
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
        So... he must've played really bad in the other games against UML to have such a bad sv% overall against them?

I didn't say he played poorly in a specific game against UML, I was disagreeing with the premise that UML has historically been a good matchup for him. FWIW non-Ruck goalies have put up a .893 sv% against UML in the span that he put up an .873.
        This is surprisingly lower than I would have expected. Interesting
        "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
          +1
          +2
          These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

So apparently, per Darren Dreger, Dylan Sikura has been selected for a Canadian hockey 'pre-olympic' team, which plays in a set of games from Nov 8-12, which would cause him to miss at least the second BU game....

https://www.sbncollegehockey.com/201...e-olympic-team
            "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

This is gonna hurt. But this news should come as no surprise and, of course, we have to feel good for him and wish him all the best. My sense is that he'll miss both bu games (at least) since the tournament is in Finland and things like travel, acclimatization, team practices, and the like need to be factored in.
              "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• he prob will miss both gms as has been noted due travel/ timezones, distance.

team will def miss him.. but good for him & hope he can go as far as he can with the opportunity given.
                kids dream of a chance of representing their country, all the best to him.
                GO NU HOCKEY
                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                  he prob will miss both gms as has been noted due travel/ timezones, distance.

team will def miss him.. but good for him & hope he can go as far as he can with the opportunity given.
                  kids dream of a chance of representing their country, all the best to him.
                  want to add.. ps, dylan.. just help team take care of uml this wknd will ya. put the team to a good HE start. will help some while you are away.
                  GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Congrats to Sikura, well deserved. Silver lining for the team: maybe without him they play a more defensive, tighter checking game that helps when he returns.

At least this year when we lose the Beanpot, we'll be able to #BlameBettman
                    2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                    2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

No doubt Dylan deserves it. His development has been an absolute treat to watch and we should all be incredily grateful we got to watch him (and there's more to come)! That said, it sucks that he's going to miss so much time. Games against Lowell and BU, minimum, possibly both BU games (Though I am optimistic he could play @ BU), then all of February, which encompasses Beanpot and 5 Hockey East games. Major points on the line, without our best player. That's going to be a major hurdle for Madigan to coach through.

Contributions from Hawkins and Pecararo would become even more critical if Sikura does miss time in the second half. I do not have faith that him leaving will magically help other forwards not from the "Top 6" group find what they need to start producing. When Sikura returns, yes, things will improve, but it's a major hole that I do not think we have the depth to fully plug.

Maybe the team changes its approach to play a tighter, better defensive game like when Roy went out with injury, and then he returned and gelled with the team's new approach. I hope that can/will be the case.
                      "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Dylan will be out both BU games and the third UML game it seems. We could potentially see Gaudette MIA in February too as team USA is planning to take on more college players than team Canada plans. Hopefully it is a smooth transition back to a Division 1 schedule for Pecararo and Hawkins as it will be years since either has played on a weekly basis against top competition. These two UML games have become even more important.

Comment

Hockey East play starts this weekend, we got Lowell for two fresh out the gate. Lowell started 0-3 but have since won three in a row after making a change in net from Tyler Wall to Christoffer Hernberg. Their offense has started to click, but Lowell historically is at their worst in October so maybe we still have a shot catching them working things out.

Our preview, with more numbers and insight: http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ge...ffer-hernberg/
                          "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                            ...At least this year when we lose the Beanpot, we'll be able to #BlameBettman
                            ...and the band can play the famous "Blame Canada" song of South Park fame. And, as someone already pointed out, Gaudette could also get a hard look from Team USA, which could take him out for some indeterminate number of games.

But potential Olympic losses open up golden opportunities for others to fill the void. (I'm looking at you, Messrs. Stevens/Filipe/Jozefek/Hawkins/Pecararo/Solow.)
                            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Per @GoNUmhockey, Sikura will miss the second BU game (11/10) and third UML game (11/11). That first BU game will be a big one.

Comment

Benning with a huge late 3rd period G last night to give Edmonton the W..

https://www.nhl.com/news/dallas-star...?tid=282287648

Go Huskies
                                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X