Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UND 2017-2018 Season Thread

Originally posted by burd View Post
    Young people are leaving FB for other media, aren't they?
    Yeah, they tell me Instagram is where it's at.
    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Outplay the gophs all game long and lose. Man these games are hard to take. I wish UND could actually hit the net with half of their shots, It might have helped a little.

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
        Yes. Facebook is for old folks like myself
        it's for Grandmas to check on the grandkids, who never call.
        XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
        Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Sioux-perDrunk View Post
          Outplay the gophs all game long and lose. Man these games are hard to take. I wish UND could actually hit the net with half of their shots it, might have helped a little.
          UND had a good plan and skated hard, but they don't have the skilled finishers UM does.

Comment

UND had a good plan and skated hard, but they don't have the skilled finishers UM does.
            Haha skilled finishers that's funny. The gophers 2 goals were because of bad UND breakdowns. They got good chances and capitalized but they are not as good as UND... Period

Comment

Haha skilled finishers that's funny. The gophers 2 goals were because of bad UND breakdowns. They got good chances and capitalized but they are not as good as UND... Period
              bad UND breakdowns do not indicate a good und team
              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
              Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Let's wait until tomorrow night before we make such definitive statements.
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                  Let's wait until tomorrow night before we make such definitive statements.
                  Oh don't get me wrong I'm not saying they will win tomorrow but UND was the better team tonight in all aspects of the game but the score. Which happens especially against the gophers hopefully it's different tomorrow night

Comment

Oh don't get me wrong I'm not saying they will win tomorrow but UND was the better team tonight in all aspects of the game but the score. Which happens especially against the gophers hopefully it's different tomorrow night
                    I know what you are saying because I was thinking the same thing. This one should be a W. Tomorrow nights game scares me a bit. Hopefully the boys come out like they did tonight but this time get that first goal. If not I don't feel good about tomorrow nights game. Hope I'm wrong.
                    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

UND had opportunities just like the ones UM scored on and could not convert. Mittelstadt showed his skill with a perfectly timed little pass to Pitlik, and Johnson sniped his goal. I'm happy with what I saw from UND last night, but the difference-making skill is just not there yet. And this is not the first game to show that.

Comment

Outside of Schierhorn, who played out of his mind, I don't think there is any doubt that UND was the better team last night. I would guess UND possessed the puck 70% of the time.

This Gopher team has been so Jekyle and Hyde it is hard to know what to expect tonight. I would say that I expect them to be less tenative with the puck tonight, crisper with their passing, and stronger on the puck, but who knows.

They looked brutal against UMD, much better against Union, brutal first game against Penn State, very good the second game against Penn State, and pretty average to poor last night.

As for UND, they just got unlucky last night. Could have very easily been 5-2 UND. The Hawks have some good pieces. I have no doubt they are a tourney caliber team. I think we'll see both of these teams improve a lot over the course of the season as the young guys get more comfortable.
                        @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                        On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                        High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

UND had opportunities just like the ones UM scored on and could not convert. Mittelstadt showed his skill with a perfectly timed little pass to Pitlik, and Johnson sniped his goal. I'm happy with what I saw from UND last night, but the difference-making skill is just not there yet. And this is not the first game to show that.
                          I was happy with how they played over the course of the weekend. Overall, they were clearly the better team, and it is disappointing not to come out of it with a sweep.

That being said, it is pretty comical how upset the Gophers' fans are about the officiating. It's pretty hypocritical, given how frequently they like to give North Dakota fans a bad time about complaining about the officiating. They also completely overlook that they had ELEVEN powerplays on the weekend, and scored a whopping 0 PPG. Or perhaps this was the first time in the 250+ games these teams have played where the Gophers were on the short side of the officiating stick?
                          North Dakota
                          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

The five that ended up in three goals was a pathetic call. Even the UND announcers agreed and anyone without team colored glasses would agree.

Gopher special teams were brutal all weekend, so I accept a split.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                              I was happy with how they played over the course of the weekend. Overall, they were clearly the better team, and it is disappointing not to come out of it with a sweep.

That being said, it is pretty comical how upset the Gophers' fans are about the officiating. It's pretty hypocritical, given how frequently they like to give North Dakota fans a bad time about complaining about the officiating. They also completely overlook that they had ELEVEN powerplays on the weekend, and scored a whopping 0 PPG. Or perhaps this was the first time in the 250+ games these teams have played where the Gophers were on the short side of the officiating stick?
                              This right here is perfect! You could not be more right.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                                The five that ended up in three goals was a pathetic call. Even the UND announcers agreed and anyone without team colored glasses would agree.

Gopher special teams were brutal all weekend, so I accept a split.
                                Anyone without Minnesota colored glasses would agree that it was an easy major call.

And given that the gophs got out played all weekend I'm sure every Gopher can accept a split
                                Last edited by Sioux-perDrunk; 10-22-2017, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X