Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UND 2017-2018 Season Thread

Originally posted by Sioux-perDrunk View Post
    Anyone without Minnesota colored glasses would agree that it was an easy major call.
    Can you show someone that covers anybody but the two teams saying that? Preferably not tied to either conference, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
      The five that ended up in three goals was a pathetic call. Even the UND announcers agreed and anyone without team colored glasses would agree.

Gopher special teams were brutal all weekend, so I accept a split.
      You really are just helping to make my point. Was the major a bad call? Probably. Was it a penalty? Certainly. Whenever you put yourself in that position, you open yourself up to the refs calling it a 5. I can't count how many similar calls have gone against UND in recent history. Was this the first time it happened against Minnesota? If so, I understand your frustration, but your team had more than its share of opportunities with the man advantage this weekend and simply was not good enough to capitalize.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
        I was happy with how they played over the course of the weekend. Overall, they were clearly the better team, and it is disappointing not to come out of it with a sweep.

That being said, it is pretty comical how upset the Gophers' fans are about the officiating. It's pretty hypocritical, given how frequently they like to give North Dakota fans a bad time about complaining about the officiating. They also completely overlook that they had ELEVEN powerplays on the weekend, and scored a whopping 0 PPG. Or perhaps this was the first time in the 250+ games these teams have played where the Gophers were on the short side of the officiating stick?
        UND was the better team on Friday. No doubt. I would say it was pretty even on Saturday.

The officiating was brutal all weekend and IMO it's comical to suggest otherwise.

That doesn't mean I think the Gophers should have won on Saturday. Officiating is not a good excuse. The Gophers had opportunities, but couldn't score. Same can be said for UND on Friday.
        @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
        On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
        High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by Sioux-perDrunk View Post
          Anyone without Minnesota colored glasses would agree that it was an easy major call.

And given that the gophs got out played all weekend I'm sure every Gopher can accept a split
          I know plenty of people who don't follow the Gophers who agree that was a weak call. The fact they didn't call several hits that actually could have been majors (these hits weren't even minors) compounds the absurdity of the officiating.

Comment

You really are just helping to make my point. Was the major a bad call? Probably. Was it a penalty? Certainly. Whenever you put yourself in that position, you open yourself up to the refs calling it a 5. I can't count how many similar calls have gone against UND in recent history. Was this the first time it happened against Minnesota? If so, I understand your frustration, but your team had more than its share of opportunities with the man advantage this weekend and simply was not good enough to capitalize.
            No, you're actually making our point. Several hits on the weekend that should have been majors weren't even called a penalty. The refs were brutal. Doesn't change the outcome either night. Both teams had opportunities to sweep, but couldn't convert one night.

Comment

Poor Gophers. I feel bad for them. Based on their fans' reactions, they've never had poor officiating go against them. It's like Yankees' fans complaining about the strikezone that Aaron Judge had during the postseason. Forget the billions of calls that have gone their way over the years...they are going to ***** relentlessly about one weekend where there were some questionable calls that didn't go their way. Too bad their teams' play was as poor as the officiating. North Dakota didn't seem to have any issues with killing the ELEVEN powerplays that the Gophers had.
              North Dakota

Comment

Poor Gophers. I feel bad for them. Based on their fans' reactions, they've never had poor officiating go against them. It's like Yankees' fans complaining about the strikezone that Aaron Judge had during the postseason. Forget the billions of calls that have gone their way over the years...they are going to ***** relentlessly about one weekend where there were some questionable calls that didn't go their way. Too bad their teams' play was as poor as the officiating. North Dakota didn't seem to have any issues with killing the ELEVEN powerplays that the Gophers had.
                Dude, you spend too much time yapping and not enough time actually comprehending what people are saying.

The quality of the officiating and the level of play from both Minnesota and North Dakota are not mutually exclusive. No one is saying the officiating cost the Gophers the game on Saturday.

Actually, a few of us have articulated exactly what you said about the Gophers not capitalizing on their power play opportunities and other opportunities. Same can be said of North Dakota and their opportunities on Friday.

That doesn't change the fact that this was a horrifically officated series this weekend. Some blatantly bad calls, some blatantly bad no calls, and very inconsistent in what was called.

If you don't agree, that's fine. I disagree with virtually everything you ever say. No biggie. But for someone who is allegedly a lawyer, you do a pretty poor job of listening to a point and countering.

Comment

I can only imagine what JDUBBS is saying (I have him/her on ignore), but given the rash of posts in this thread, I can only imagine s/he is still ranting about the officiating. Holy smokes Gophers...you got the short stick of the officiating for the first time. Trust me, it happens in college hockey, and you should be thrilled that this was the first time you experienced poor officiating.

Also, it's not like the officials put any pucks in the net. North Dakota didn't have any problems killing ELEVEN penalties this weekend. Given Minnesota's like 70% PK, maybe they should have been taking notes on the schooling that North Dakota gave them.
                  North Dakota

Comment

Gophers power play was pathetic. It's been their bread and for awhile now. I expect it to get much better as the season moves forward.
                    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                      Gophers power play was pathetic. It's been their bread and for awhile now. I expect it to get much better as the season moves forward.
                      Agreed. Their power play has been absolutely brutal. I think they are really missing having another right handed shot.

On the other hand, I think UND did a much better job moving the puck on the PP on Saturday and it really paid off for them. This UND team is going to be pretty good down the stretch once all the young guys get settled I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                        I can only imagine what JDUBBS is saying (I have him/her on ignore), but given the rash of posts in this thread, I can only imagine s/he is still ranting about the officiating. Holy smokes Gophers...you got the short stick of the officiating for the first time. Trust me, it happens in college hockey, and you should be thrilled that this was the first time you experienced poor officiating.

Also, it's not like the officials put any pucks in the net. North Dakota didn't have any problems killing ELEVEN penalties this weekend. Given Minnesota's like 70% PK, maybe they should have been taking notes on the schooling that North Dakota gave them.
                        LOL!!! Dude, you keep repeating the same **** thing and no one is disagreeing with you on anything you are saying other than the quality of the officiating. Take a nap.

Comment

• Re: UND 2017-2018 Season Thread

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                          Agreed. Although I think North Dakota's pk was pretty impressive on the Gophers' ELEVEN powerplays.

Uh oh...I hear another wahhhhmbulance. God the hypocrisy is rich. I don't ever want to hear Gopher fans say a thing about North Dakota fans complaining about bad officiating.
                          North Dakota

Comment

• Originally posted by fighting sioux 23 View Post
                            agreed. Although i think north dakota's pk was pretty impressive on the gophers' eleven powerplays.

Uh oh...i hear another wahhhhmbulance. God the hypocrisy is rich. I don't ever want to hear gopher fans say a thing about north dakota fans complaining about bad officiating.
                            lol!!! Sigh....

Comment

I'm really looking forward to this weekend. The Tigers have been playing much better hockey this season than they have in quite some time. North Dakota has been a bit inconsistent (as expected for a young team), but dominated the majority of play this past weekend. If UND wants to compete for the NCHC title, 6 points this weekend would go a long way towards that goal. My guess is another weekend of a close game and a blowout.

On a side note, I love the World Arena parking lot. It's by far the easiest parking lot to get in/out of, and I'm usually on the highway 5-10 minutes after the game. Also, if you've never been out for the series, I highly recommend it. The CC fans are almost always a pleasure to be around.
                              North Dakota

Comment

If CC was to ever have a chance of beating UND this season it would be the weekend after the big rivalry series. Letdown maybe?
                                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X