X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

Originally posted by defkit View Post
    Not to mention we just tied a team that NU beat 9-1. (I know, no Greenway, Harper, Oettinger, etc.). Still.
    At least three of PEI's goals were....soft. They don't score more than one on Oettinger last night.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Not to mention we just tied a team that NU beat 9-1. (I know, no Greenway, Harper, Oettinger, etc.). Still.
      That game was a mess to be honest. Very sloppy, even for an exhibition game. I left after the second intermission it was so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
        That game was a mess to be honest. Very sloppy, even for an exhibition game. I left after the second intermission it was so bad.
        I thought it was great preparation for our inevitable performance against Merrimack later this season.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
          I thought it was great preparation for our inevitable performance against Merrimack later this season.
          Ha!!

I said that maybe Quinn said "Let them score and take the lead so we can see how we react when we have to come back!" It was a very fleeting thought. It seemed like that game took 8 hours to play.

Comment

JFK sent down to Providence. Looks like Grzelcyk has a very good shot at making the big club along with McAvoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
              That is a hell of a good hockey team you have there.
              If that Goalie of yours plays like that the rest of the year then Union should have a very good season. He was outstanding!

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                JFK sent down to Providence. Looks like Grzelcyk has a very good shot at making the big club along with McAvoy.
                Grizzy is a Krug clone, so as long as Tory is hurt, he has a great chance to be his replacement. But once Krug is healthy, it may be tough for him to stay up.

Any chance JFK had of sticking went out the window when he got injured. As I've been saying, I think he'll spend most of the year in Providence, and I am livid at Sweeney for luring him away from Comm Ave.
                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Grizzy is a Krug clone, so as long as Tory is hurt, he has a great chance to be his replacement. But once Krug is healthy, it may be tough for him to stay up.

Any chance JFK had of sticking went out the window when he got injured. As I've been saying, I think he'll spend most of the year in Providence, and I am livid at Sweeney for luring him away from Comm Ave.
                  Sweeney gave up a year of control so JFK could play this year in Providence. I'm not sure that is worthwhile from a Bruins perspective from JFKs perspective why not.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    Golly, just 1 game that was 2-1 before the goalie was pulled

Let's not start licking each other's Popsicles just yet
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDxDYIQL6Nc

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                      Sweeney gave up a year of control so JFK could play this year in Providence. I'm not sure that is worthwhile from a Bruins perspective from JFKs perspective why not.
                      Overrated word

Who cares about control if you are struggling to make a echl roster (just sayin').
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                        To Mookie's point, how valuable is getting your next deal a year early if you haven't been able to prove yourself to be a highly valuable asset? If your name is McDavid or Eichel, it's a no brainer. But for many others, they need that third year to really establish themselves as a bon-afide NHL starter. Now JFK has only 2 years to establish himself if he is hoping for a nice payoff after his ELC.
                        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

To Mookie's point, how valuable is getting your next deal a year early if you haven't been able to prove yourself to be a highly valuable asset? If your name is McDavid or Eichel, it's a no brainer. But for many others, they need that third year to really establish themselves as a bon-afide NHL starter. Now JFK has only 2 years to establish himself if he is hoping for a nice payoff after his ELC.
                          Mild speculation but it's entirely possible based on the very basic language on a quick search (and JFK's birthday being 10/31/96) that thinking two steps ahead, this gets him to UFA one season sooner as well. And of course there are always bridge deals he could work on with Boston as a RFA if he thinks his value is going to rise with one or two seasons as a RFA and prove his worth.
                          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                            At least three of PEI's goals were....soft. They don't score more than one on Oettinger last night.
                            Yep. Not impressed with our new back-up. We might need to get a goalie for 18-19.
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

obviously hope it works for him, but while he showed potential at times last season there were nights where mookie couldn't have told you whether jfk dressed or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                                Yep. Not impressed with our new back-up. We might need to get a goalie for 18-19.
                                quick hook there bomber!!! not exactly grady little'esqu

Comment

Working...
                                X