Colgate 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colgate 2017-2018

I haven't seen any Colgate threads so may as well start one and see if there are any Colgate fans lurking on this board. Up and coming program, new rink, full complement of scholarships, great academics, beautiful campus, highly rated recruiting classes for next few years (for whatever that is worth) and lots of returning scorers this year bodes well for the program. Is the year they make the jump into the top echelons on of the ECAC? Discuss.

Re: Colgate 2017-2018

Originally posted by Rightnut View Post
    Is the year they make the jump into the top echelons on of the ECAC?
    Yes
    Discuss.
    DEY GOOD
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

I haven't seen any Colgate threads so may as well start one and see if there are any Colgate fans lurking on this board. Up and coming program, new rink, full complement of scholarships, great academics, beautiful campus, highly rated recruiting classes for next few years (for whatever that is worth) and lots of returning scorers this year bodes well for the program. Is the year they make the jump into the top echelons on of the ECAC? Discuss.
      What a refreshing new thread actually wanting to discuss a team other than WI, MN, BC etc. Just because we need another program to get into the mix at the top, I will become a fan. Rightnut is correct with his comments in the original thread concerning Colgate. In looking at last year, a 12-2-2 start and momentarily reaching #5 I believe, this team is sure to get some attention with many returners and a recruiting class that will surely make them deeper. But, we should have a real idea if they can make the jump into the top after the month of October (NE, Clarkson, St. Lawrence and SCSU (after a loss and tie last year in the new year) followed by Princeton and Quinnipiac in early November.

Comment

Good start to the season for Colgate today. 3-0 win over St. Cloud. Shots were 38-7.

Comment

Good start to the season for Colgate today. 3-0 win over St. Cloud. Shots were 38-7.
          Is Colgate that good or is SCSU that bad, or us it a little bit of both? No shots in the 2nd period for SCSU?! Ouch! That's terrible. Not even one accidental puck on net? Wow. Good way for the home team to come out of the 2017-18 starting Gate.

Comment

Watched the exhibition game last weekend as well at this first one against SCSU and although I can't speak for SC I can say Colgate's defining characteristic this year is depth, depth and more depth. This coupled with the fact they all play the system very well makes for a team that throws the puck at you and plays very good team defense. They sort of lull you to sleep and then start coming at you in waves and you really have to work to stop them. It's early so only time will tell, but I'm hoping the Schaeffer kid who has caught my eye with her skating or someone else either old or new will give us the one thing we didn't have last year, a forward with speed and stickhandling who can score any shift. Last year although we had a lot of talent our somewhat smaller size compared to other ECAC teams like Princeton and QPac hurt us down the stretch. We simply got worn out. One big go to scorer added to what we had/have would tip the scales our way. It promises to be an interesting season...

Comment

Colgate 5-0 over St Cloud.. Not sure what that says about Colgate because I don't know if St Cloud is as weak as the scores indicate.
              Last edited by Rightnut; 10-11-2017, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Colgate 5-0 over St Cloud.. Not sure what that says about Cokgate because I don't know if St Cloud is as weak as the scores indicate.
                Is that the men's team?

Comment

Originally posted by agfire View Post
                  Is that the men's team?
                  Get back into your recliner.

Comment

Get back into your recliner.

Comment

Originally posted by WH Fan View Post
                      What a refreshing new thread actually wanting to discuss a team other than WI, MN, BC etc. Just because we need another program to get into the mix at the top, I will become a fan. Rightnut is correct with his comments in the original thread concerning Colgate. In looking at last year, a 12-2-2 start and momentarily reaching #5 I believe, this team is sure to get some attention with many returners and a recruiting class that will surely make them deeper. But, we should have a real idea if they can make the jump into the top after the month of October (NE, Clarkson, St. Lawrence and SCSU (after a loss and tie last year in the new year) followed by Princeton and Quinnipiac in early November.
                      Amen to that

Comment

Colgate 5-0 over St Cloud.. Not sure what that says about Colgate because I don't know if St Cloud is as weak as the scores indicate.
                        St. Cloud had trouble with the S. Korean Olympic, whereas the other WCHA teams handled them easily.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          St. Cloud had trouble with the S. Korean Olympic, whereas the other WCHA teams handled them easily.
                          Saw that. That is why I am thinking that they are not strong. This weekend Colgate v. Northeastern should give a good indication about both of those teams.

Comment

Saw that. That is why I am thinking that they are not strong. This weekend Colgate v. Northeastern should give a good indication about both of those teams.
                            Also keep in mind that Colgate is a young team on the rise. As strong as they are now, it just gets better with the next two recruiting classes.

Comment

Originally posted by agfire View Post
                              Also keep in mind that Colgate is a young team on the rise. As strong as they are now, it just gets better with the next two recruiting classes.
                              There is a lot of pop in the senior and junior classes for Colgate. They may have great kids coming, but the current players are the ones that lifted the Raiders from obscurity to a ranked team.
                              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Working...
                              X