Colgate 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2017-2018

It is hard to discount any line with the Marvelous Ms. G's on it...

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldtimer View Post
      It is hard to discount any line with the Marvelous Ms. G's on it...
      Big game today. Looking forward to watching it.

Comment

Originally posted by Reddington View Post
        Big game today. Looking forward to watching it.
        Yes indeed. But can someone get in touch with the announcer guy and tell him to stuff the ceaseless chatter and CALL THE GAME! He occasionally seems to see a pass, but he has literally missed every penalty call so far ("literally" as in truthfully, actually, in fact). Why not at least watch the refs if the play on the ice doesn't interest you? Oy! Yes I'm nervous, but yes I'm incredibly frustrated too. I'm sure this drives everyone watching bughouse. My apologies if you have no pull with NESN at the eleventh hour. Colgate is formidable and exciting to watch. Unfortunately for Crimson fans yesterday too many of our D were just watching them do their thing too.

Comment

While we are contacting. Colgate...how about we ask someone to get LiveStats working. Score updates only

Comment

at gocrimson.com go to first live stats option and find play by play under Colgate banner.

Comment

• Originally posted by thirdtime's . . . View Post
              at gocrimson.com go to first live stats option and find play by play under Colgate banner.
              4-1 Colgate in third

Comment

• Originally posted by Rightnut View Post
                4-1 Colgate in third
                Sorry Harvard fans, but we have no control over
                either announcers from ESPN+ or stats that the ECAC seems to control. Always awful for Colgate games it seems.
                Great series and I think you guys are one recruiting class from being all the way back. We appreciate the last 3 years of lessening the W/L gap
                after years of being your doormat.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer View Post
                  Sorry Harvard fans, but we have no control over
                  either announcers from ESPN+ or stats that the ECAC seems to control. Always awful for Colgate games it seems.
                  Great series and I think you guys are one recruiting class from being all the way back. We appreciate the last 3 years of lessening the W/L gap
                  after years of being your doormat.
                  Thanks for the encouraging words. I agree. An exciting series that reinforces my sense that the hardest thing ever asked of any athlete is to stand in goal three days in a row. A wonder of concentration and endurance.
                  Next year (!) link me up with a local radio station. The first anyone watching this broadcast was made aware of the first penalty of the game was upon hearing “18 seconds left in the penalty to Fusco.” Amazing. Announcer, director, cameraman equally clueless. But I realize that’s not on you or the Raiders. Good luck going forward!

Comment

• Originally posted by thirdtime's . . . View Post
                    Thanks for the encouraging words. I agree. An exciting series that reinforces my sense that the hardest thing ever asked of any athlete is to stand in goal three days in a row. A wonder of concentration and endurance.
                    Next year (!) link me up with a local radio station. The first anyone watching this broadcast was made aware of the first penalty of the game was upon hearing “18 seconds left in the penalty to Fusco.” Amazing. Announcer, director, cameraman equally clueless. But I realize that’s not on you or the Raiders. Good luck going forward!

Colgate vs Clarkson. That's a great matchup.I would have to say Clarkson is favored but Colgate is capable as evidenced by their last matchup.

Comment

Watching all the Colgate Harvard women's games this year has been a treat for me because your 1st year goalie, Lindsey Reed, grew up in my area of NJ (when I lived there) and went to my church (when she was a kid) . A very nice family. She and the rest of the 1st year class are very solid building blocks for the future. See you next year...

Comment

Originally posted by thirdtime's . . . View Post
                        The first anyone watching this broadcast was made aware of the first penalty of the game was upon hearing “18 seconds left in the penalty to Fusco.” Amazing. Announcer, director, cameraman equally clueless.
                        I was watching all four ECAC games at the same time on Saturday while listening to audio of a different game. Without play-by-play or even the PA, one has to look for other clues about penalties if the video doesn't show you the player entering the box (referee's arm in the air, player skating in a different direction than her teammates once the play ends, faceoff location, and a missing player for said faceoff.)

In general, that is one of my big complaints with play-by-play announcers. I understand that it is harder than the pros make it sound to learn all the names & numbers and keep them straight during the flow of play. It is difficult to keep up with the puck and describe what is happening in any detail without falling a few zones behind. But it drives me crazy when the announcers want to tell long stories that have nothing to do with the game in progress, and they view the telling of these stories to be of higher importance than calling the game that they were hired to call. It is even worse when they always want to tell some story about men's hockey or basketball, or some other sport that has zero to do with women's college hockey. We don't care!!! Sorry. End of rant.
                        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Losing to them in the NCAA final last year has been helpful this season, but with everything on the line, throw out the record book. The two Ms. G's are freight trains when it counts but that said I still like our depth and only having to day trip it to Lynah might be helpful. Power vs. power and then in the final regardless of who wins between us power vs. speed. Cornell has been our bugaboo for years now but both owned us in 3 out of 4 games this year because of the speed.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                            I was watching all four ECAC games at the same time on Saturday while listening to audio of a different game. Without play-by-play or even the PA, one has to look for other clues about penalties if the video doesn't show you the player entering the box (referee's arm in the air, player skating in a different direction than her teammates once the play ends, faceoff location, and a missing player for said faceoff.)

In general, that is one of my big complaints with play-by-play announcers. I understand that it is harder than the pros make it sound to learn all the names & numbers and keep them straight during the flow of play. It is difficult to keep up with the puck and describe what is happening in any detail without falling a few zones behind. But it drives me crazy when the announcers want to tell long stories that have nothing to do with the game in progress, and they view the telling of these stories to be of higher importance than calling the game that they were hired to call. It is even worse when they always want to tell some story about men's hockey or basketball, or some other sport that has zero to do with women's college hockey. We don't care!!! Sorry. End of rant.
                            For some reason we are always assigned the same ESPN + announcer who did the games last year too before ESPN + and he is horrible for fans of the game. All about everything but the game. Our men's announcer is at least a pleasure to listen to most of the time when he isn't calling helmets "brain buckets" and the puck the "biscuit"...ugh. Most knowledgeable announcers in upstate NY are RPI, always great and professional, Clarkson (know the game but big time homies) and St Lawrence. Can't speak for Cornell as out of principle I never listen to their sports broadcasts if I can help it...

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer View Post
                              Can't speak for Cornell as out of principle I never listen to their sports broadcasts if I can help it...
                              The one nit I had with listening to Cornell's announcer this weekend was that he kept saying, "The puck hits Selander and goes wide." Um, that's called a save. If she is on her angles and doesn't give the shooter anything to shoot at, then props to her.
                              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
                                The one nit I had with listening to Cornell's announcer this weekend was that he kept saying, "The puck hits Selander and goes wide." Um, that's called a save. If she is on her angles and doesn't give the shooter anything to shoot at, then props to her.
                                My favorite announcers this year have been RPI, BU and Robert Morris.

Comment

Working...
                                X