Colgate 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2017-18

I have to say congrats to the womens team for being a #3 seed in the NCAA tourney, and bringing the NCAA's to Class of 65 rink next Saturday against Northeastern. I know I'll be there.
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Last night was an impressive game by Colgate. We dominated the first two periods, and I was getting worried that we were not winning after the first dominating as we did and having nothing to show for it. Got the goal in the second and felt confident in our position, being the better team, up a goal with the strength of the team (Point) doing his thing. We do not want to rely on him solely but he is the strength of the team and everyone knows it.

We have to keep the Clarkson players away from Point as he can be a bit hot headed, or if the refs allow it get in on Kielly (although normally the team going in second gets penalized. Hopefully a good series and if we can make it to Placid it would be highway robbery (considering all of our outlooks at the beginning of the season).

Comment

Originally posted by red133883 View Post
        Last night was an impressive game by Colgate. We dominated the first two periods, and I was getting worried that we were not winning after the first dominating as we did and having nothing to show for it. Got the goal in the second and felt confident in our position, being the better team, up a goal with the strength of the team (Point) doing his thing. We do not want to rely on him solely but he is the strength of the team and everyone knows it.
        My thoughts exactly. I never felt totally comfortable during the game, after a 3-1 win (with ENG) and a 1-0 loss. Dartmouth appears to be in the same position as us this year (little offense, but winning goaltending). I got home last night and immediately booked my Clarkson ticket for Friday night and Saturday night. I enjoy Cheel, and have good friends up there. Should be a fun weekend, regardless of what happens on the ice. Go 'Gate!

Comment

Gotta echo Shabby's thoughts: Congrats to the skaters for taking it to RPI in Game 3 and moving on to Potsdam. As many have pointed (no pun) out, who would have thought we would be in this position back in September 2017? Taking the #6 spot and winning our first round is beyond many folk's imaginations.....(but we had the faith).

Also: Kudos to the women on making the NCAAs and hosting N'eastern this weekend - and they are over the 30-win mark, quite an astonishing achievement. And finally, how about the roundball team making the Patriot League Championship game? Matt Langel has some very talented players; the BB program is having a great season. Good for them.
          COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
            I have to say congrats to the womens team for being a #3 seed in the NCAA tourney, and bringing the NCAA's to Class of 65 rink next Saturday against Northeastern. I know I'll be there.
            I hope the building is sold out on Saturday. They deserve it.

Comment

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
              Earlier this hockey season, it was snowing and blowing and drifting, so I thought I would avoid Hwy. 26 from Whitney Point, which is my usual route here. I-81 was nicely plowed, but I forgot how hilly Hwy. 20 is east of Lafayette. Single lane. Follow the tire tracks in front of you, up and down the hills. Not fun.
              Not that it'll help this season but - from Owego, I've always taken Rt. 12 up from Binghamton through Norwich, then 12B in Sherburne. It avoids most of the worst hills/curves, and 12 is pretty well traveled so usually clearer than the other non-interstate roads.
              Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
              Clarkson 1990

Comment

Originally posted by Magoo View Post
                I hope the building is sold out on Saturday. They deserve it.
                I would be very surprised if all the seats were sold, plus there's standing room, but it would be great if it was. The students are just getting up around 1 or 2.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                  Also, #3 in the USCHO, USA Today/USA Hockey Polls and the PWR. 'Gate swept Northeastern in Hammy in the Fall. They've only lost 1 game in the Class of '65 Arena this season. If 'Gate stays focussed, they should move on to the Frozen Four in the U. of Minnesota women's rink in Minneapolis next weekend. The opponent will be the winner of this weekend's Wisconsin-Minnesota game.

OFFICIAL BRACKET : https://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bra...ockey-women/nc

This game will really be an historic event and a symbol of the Class of 65's contribution to the re-branding of the womens program: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/colg...round-t23.html

There's more to come. This program has turned irrevocably...the confluence of a great marketing/recruiting vision that anticipated the impact of the Class of '65 Arena, elite recruits drawn to the challenge/opportunity and the superb leadership by Greg Fargo's group. The pipeline is full and the story is only getting better.
                  Last edited by Raider Archivist; 03-06-2018, 04:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by drshoen View Post
                    Not that it'll help this season but - from Owego, I've always taken Rt. 12 up from Binghamton through Norwich, then 12B in Sherburne. It avoids most of the worst hills/curves, and 12 is pretty well traveled so usually clearer than the other non-interstate roads.
                    Thanks. I totally agree with your logic. If things are the least bit ‘iffy,’ that is the way I come home (always slowing down to under-the-speed-limit in Oxford). On the way north, I usually leave myself time and take twisty-turny Hwy. 26. But, again, thanks!

Comment

I heard the illness on the team Sunday that cost us players was from food poisoning, hope they have recovered.

Comment

http://www.choosecornwall.ca/eng/new...-Year-by-CCHL/

Comment

Great story on Winch. Sounds like a super coach and great mentor to the players. Could he be in the 'Gate hockey coaching pipeline someday?
                          COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

We badly need some recruits, maybe he'll be helpful again.

Comment

So as far as this weekend..... I think we have a shot, we played Clarkson well at Cheel this year (4-4 tie without Point and w/ keilly). We have always played well at cheel, and game three last weekend was dominate. Yes it was only 2 goals, but if you were at the game or watched it, it wasn’t even close. I think all of these are good things coming into this weekend. I know this is looking ahead, but if we get the Placid, you have to give the coaching staff some credit (at minimum for recruiting Point)
                              Last edited by red133883; 03-08-2018, 10:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by red133883 View Post
                                So as far as this weekend..... I think we have a shot, we played Clarkson well at Cheel this year (4-4 tie without Point and w/ keilly). We have always played well at cheel, and game three last weekend was dominate. Yes it was only 2 goals, but if you were at the game or watched it, it wasn’t even close. I think all of these are good things coming into this weekend. I know this is looking ahead, but if we get the Placid, you have to give the coaching staff some credit (at minimum for recruiting Point)
                                Totally agree. We had great momentum on Sunday. And I already give the staff credit for recruiting Colton Point. Do we know who specifically deserves that credit?

Comment

Working...
                                X