Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2017-18

Originally posted by Marmot View Post
    We’ll take the two points but that third period . . . yikes. Not good. We were extremely fortunate to get out of there with a win.

At least they shouldn’t be overconfident. The coaches will gave plenty for them to work on.
    Yes, agree. If I'm RPI I come in confident next weekend... still, glad the games are at Class of '65. Would not have predicted that at the start of the year!

Comment

Congrats on controlling your destiny and securing the #6 seed with tonight's W and a rematch next week!

Comment

I think that we got comfortable in the 3rd and was just going through the motions

Comment

Last time Colgate scored five goals?
          Saturday, November 25, at Western Michigan.
          5-1 win.
          Happy Thanksgiving all!

Comment

Congrats to the team on a 6th place finish and a first round home playoff series!

Side note - anyone know why we wore our white (home) jerseys at RPI last night? Since we wore the maroon (road) jerseys at Union, it means we packed BOTH our sweaters for a regular ECAC road trip. Was one of the Capital District teams trying to tap into our psyche this weekend? Thankfully that didn’t work.
            Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
              Congrats to the team on a 6th place finish and a first round home playoff series!

Side note - anyone know why we wore our white (home) jerseys at RPI last night? Since we wore the maroon (road) jerseys at Union, it means we packed BOTH our sweaters for a regular ECAC road trip. Was one of the Capital District teams trying to tap into our psyche this weekend? Thankfully that didn’t work.
              Rainman.....I wondered the same thing. I think it was because it was RPI's big red freak out game, so they wore their red/away jerseys.
              Great game for Colgate. Looking forward to the rematches!!

Comment

It didn't come easy but home ice was unexpected and a big step moving forward. Also, I didn't expect three points this weekend and for us to look better against Union than against RPI despite the score. Not sure what happened in the third, did we go into a" prevent defense" outshot 22-4.

All good right now, we got what we wanted.

One more win would have tied us for fourth with Harvard and we swept them for the first tiebreaker, A FIRST ROUND BYE !!
                Last edited by sshablak; 02-25-2018, 08:27 AM.
                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                  It didn't come easy but home ice was unexpected and a big step moving forward. Also, I didn't expect three points this weekend and for us to look better against Union than against RPI despite the score. Not sure what happened in the third, did we go into a" prevent defense" outshot 22-4.

All good right now, we got what we wanted.

One more win would have tied us for fourth with Harvard and we swept them for the first tiebreaker, A FIRST ROUND BYE !!
                  Congrats, you guys are coming in on a roll and not by shear coincidence that a guy named Point in goal returned. As I stated, a 'hot" goalie can take you to the promiseland...it has been proven time and time again. How about just one more point (turning a loss into a tie) would have gotten you a clear #5 seed. Good luck the rest of the way!

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                    Just shows how every league game counts big-time. Think of the 1-goal games we lost over the season. If just one of those were a win.....oh well.

Good luck to the team in the rematch with RPI this weekend. No telling how they will come out of the gate, (no pun) but we can't take anything for granted. They have shown to be a tough opponent.
                    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

For those who may be interested, Kyle Baun was just traded to the Toronto Maple Leafs:
                      https://***********/MapleLeafs/statu...04041018396674
                      Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                        For those who may be interested, Kyle Baun was just traded to the Toronto Maple Leafs:
                        https://***********/MapleLeafs/statu...04041018396674
                        Playing with his grandfather lol. Rick Nash traded to Bruins also, I like it, Spooner is good though, he'll be missed.
                        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

BTW, we also won a lot of one-goal games as well...overall, one can't be displeased, although we've got to get better than what we showed in the third period on Saturday...McAvoy/Jeanson improving game-by-game...as usual the RPI telecast was excellent; good camera angles, professional play-by-play...color guy was somewhat of a whiner, but all-in-all kudos for RPI TV...Q-Pac-Yale matchup could be a classic, especially if there's a game #3...looking forward it's the same old story: a little more speed and skill at the forward position, at least one more year from Colton...and a little better effort by our snowflakes in making their way to "The 65"...

Comment

This is a general ECAC comment, but does anyone know who is going to produce the ECAC final four? All the ECAC says is that it is being broadcast on the web by boxcast for 10 bucks a game. I doubt it will happen but I truly hope and wish that RPITV gets the call. I have always been impressed with their video and production quality. I know they produced it one year in Atlantic City.

Comment

Originally posted by red133883 View Post
                              This is a general ECAC comment, but does anyone know who is going to produce the ECAC final four? All the ECAC says is that it is being broadcast on the web by boxcast for 10 bucks a game. I doubt it will happen but I truly hope and wish that RPITV gets the call. I have always been impressed with their video and production quality. I know they produced it one year in Atlantic City.
                              RPI-TV will almost certainly not get the call, and if they do, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't agree to doing it. A few years ago during the 2016 playoffs, the EC$$ tried to get the RPI-TV feed onto Boxcast and not compensate the club. RPI-TV refused to give up the feed, agreed to the 24-hour gag order put in place by the EC$$ while still recording, and put out a public statement on their site about the situation. There was a sorry camera and tripod setup over section 33 that the league put in for Boxcast purposes.

Disclaimer: I am not now, nor have I ever been, a member of RPI-TV.

Comment

That’s unfortunate because RPI-TV does a top notch job with game presentation.

Comment

Working...
                                X