Colgate 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2017-18

Question...why isn't Jared Cockrell on the ice tonight? I know he hasn't scored recently, but, JC, beggars can't be choosers when it comes to Colgate scoring goals...

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
      There were most likely other considerations beyond the DV situation that prompted Vicky to leave. This might have been one issue on the table but I would surmise there were many reasons to move on, the most important being the opportunity to move up to the Yale program and the offer they made to her.

Back to hockey: I would hope we can get 4 points this weekend, but would be satisfied with three. Union will be a battle; if Point is in the zone like last weekend it’s entirely possible we could sweep the Capital District teams.
      Of course. My speculation on her relationship with DV is a sidenote, good luck to Vicky & hope she goes from Yale to bigger & even better things.

Meanwhile, halfway home on the weekend! Nice game by Point, and on to Union...

Comment

What is it with Don Vaughan screaming at the officials lately? He did it again in the first period.
        Hasn't anyone ever told him that it isn't very AD-like?
        Has he always been a screamer?

Comment

Iowa, it is actually a nice change for him. Makes me think he cares (yes he always has cared) but we have been behind the bench a few times at the away game at Cornell and in those games he barely talked to the team or anyone. So seeing emotion tonight was a good feeling. Makes me feel like the team is coming together
          Last edited by red133883; 02-03-2018, 01:20 AM.

Comment

Tonight's game is crucial in the battle for a first round bye, can Colton keep his streak going ? Not sure why Cockrell sat, if Henry Marshall was his replacement Don made a great move.

Anyone notice McMann sleepwalking out there, what has happened to him ? Good performance by team last night, beat Union, they are tougher than RPI.
            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Back-to-back shutouts for Point! He certainly is our best player on the ice!

Beat Union!
              Colgate '09

Comment

Congrats to 'Gate & Point...and this site still sucks.
                Anyone else click on a box score, only to find 2 different teams with the wrong rosters and score? This happens to me ALL of the time; ColgateW game today v. Harvard showed them up 2-0 after 1 (lie), only to find the box score displaying Robert Morris. Ticker tape on main page posts games in progress with a score, only to find that the game hasn't even started. Refresh the page, and the score is different altogether. And the site is still a bland, ugly eyesore!

Tough game v. Union tonight; more special teams magic would be nice.
                C O L G A T E
                2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                1990 NCAA FINALS
                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

We are not a top 4 team.

The players certainly work hard, but there is utterly no offense.

Comment

If you were an elite scorer in junior hockey what possible reason would you ever want to matriculate to Colgate to play hockey? To play on a team that averages 2 goals/game, a rate that has been bad - and getting worse - for many many years? People questioned Bill Torrey when he drafted a skinny, goal-scoring kid in the first round (15th I think) back in the very early 1980s...he answered that he could always teach the kid to play defense; you can't teach a kid to be a scorer. The young man's name was Mike Bossy. Not only are we consistently mediocre, even with goalie with a save percentage near 95%, we are boring as well...now normally that wouldn't bother me...winning is winning...but, looking to the future (and I don't see any Brett Hulls arriving in Hamilton next year as well) the type of hockey we play is simply not going to attract many David McIntires, Austin Smiths, or even Bobby McManns...

Comment

The refs have to be better. It was utterly pathetic. Vaughn was still on the ice when we left the rink.

Comment

Remember the halcyon years where we could complain about only having one good line?

Now we don’t even have that.
                        Last edited by Marmot; 02-03-2018, 08:34 PM.

Comment

I too was underwhelmed by tonight’s officiating.

But let’s be honest, our offense scares exactly nobody.

Comment

Gate Radio said Cockrell is hurt.

Speaking of hurt, does Quillan have some sort of injury? I keep trying to figure out why he doesn’t play more. He actually had really good numbers in juniors last year, averaging almost a point a game as a defenseman.

Now, a natural surmise might be that he isn’t playing not because he’s hurt but because he’s shaky defensively. Except . . .

. . . guess who leads the team in +/-?

Nick Quillan.

+7 in eight games.

Trying to figure out why he’s not in the lineup more.

Comment

Other than getting a split against Western Michigan this year, when was the last time this program beat a decent DI hockey team (i.e., ending the year in the top 20)...prior to this year we had recorded 35 straight games against teams finishing the year in the top 20 pairwise WITHOUT A WIN...yes, 0-32-3...assuming WMU finishes the year in the top 20 and UNH does not our record will improve (most likely) to 1-37-3...for all of us, whether we are OK or dissatisfied with this program, this is simply not acceptable...only during the 2013-14 season did we compete (something like a very solid 7-7-2) against this grouping...and as much as I like DV as on ice coach and as an individual, he has consistently, especially over the past 10+ years, been unable to win games against upper tier competition...I'd don't expect the record to be .500 (.300 to .350 would be just fine)...for those still waiting for the new facility to bring in a higher level of on ice talent i can only applaud your patience...mine is running out...

Comment

On the bright side, 8 of our top 10 scorers are underclassmen.

Although that may be more so an indictment of the upperclassmen than an endorsement of the underclassmen.

Comment

Working...
                                X