Colgate 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2017-18

Great win last night. Benching a co-captain certainly sent a message. Keep it going, boys!
    It was great to meet Iowabasedtraveler at Friday night's game. His Omaha shirt gave him away.
    Go 'Gate!!

Comment

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
      )I would love to cheer on Colgate there, but that is not my primary objective. And my feeling is that 'as Colton Point goes, so goes the entire team.' I hate to say that, but, with 20 games down and 14 to go, I personally believe it is true. Go 'Gate!
      What is your primary objective?
      COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
        That's funny, but a good question.
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
          Sorry, I thought I had made myself clear. First and foremost, I am a fan of NCAA D-1 men's college hockey and enjoy seeing such games in different venues. So my primary objective is to see an NCAA D-1 men's college hockey game at the Olympic Center in Lake Placid, New York. Second, I am a life-long fan of, and current season ticket-holder for, the Colgate Raiders (nee Colgate Red Raiders). Third, I am a long-time fan of, and former season ticket-holder for, the Nebraska - Omaha (UNO) Mavericks. So, while it would be fun and exciting to see Colgate in the ECAC Hockey tournament in Lake Placid, it doesn't need to happen in order for me to complete my primary objective and be satisfied. Hopefully this clears up your confusion with my post. P.S. - I am headed to the Robert Morris at Niagara game tomorrow night at Dwyer Arena, which will be rink #73 for me in which to see a hockey game.
          Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 01-09-2018, 07:21 AM.

Comment

So which venues did you like the most...and the least? Humor us all and give us one of each (+/-) from each conference, please! And which ones do you have yet to see?
            C O L G A T E
            2023 ECAC CHAMPION
            1990 NCAA FINALS
            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
            ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
            ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

We need at least a split this weekend, Brown has had our number lately. A sweep would go a long way as nine of our last fourteen are away. Then there's next weekend !

Comment

SUBSCRIPTION ALERT!

If you’re looking to watch this weekend’s games at Brown and Yale, they cost $10 each on the Ivy League Digital Network. But you can buy a month pass for $16, and that’ll get you the next *FIVE* Colgate away games - at Brown, at Yale, at Cornell, at Dartmouth, and at Harvard! You can thank the way this season’s schedule was drawn up!

As for me, I’ll be driving down to Providence to watch tonight’s game in person. Go ‘Gate!
                Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                  SUBSCRIPTION ALERT!

If you’re looking to watch this weekend’s games at Brown and Yale, they cost $10 each on the Ivy League Digital Network. But you can buy a month pass for $16, and that’ll get you the next *FIVE* Colgate away games - at Brown, at Yale, at Cornell, at Dartmouth, and at Harvard! You can thank the way this season’s schedule was drawn up!

As for me, I’ll be driving down to Providence to watch tonight’s game in person. Go ‘Gate!
                  Just make sure to cancel the subscription at the end of the month! The Ivy League Network does not inform you that your subscription will be automatically renewed and you will be billed each month, including over the summer months when schools are out of session.

Comment

You're absolutely right KD and rain, it happened to me.

Comment

• Good evening from Providence. Drove over an hour in rain and fog to get here. I better see a win tonight!
                      Colgate '09

Comment

• Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                        Good evening from Providence. Drove over an hour in rain and fog to get here. I better see a win tonight!
                        Well, I got what I asked for.

Six seasons ago, on November 4, 2011, I witnessed Don Vaughan’s 300th career win at Meehan Auditorium.

Tonight, I witnessed the coach’s 400th career win, in the same building. We’ve also surpassed our win total from last season. Go ‘Gate!
                        Colgate '09

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS TO DON VAUGHAN ON HIS 400th win behind the bench for Colgate! I am so happy for him, the team and the program!! What a milestone!! Go 'Gate!!!!

Comment

A wins a win, congrats to coach. We played a good first half of the game, we were outshooting Brown at one time 21-7. The third period was all Colton Point as he stopped twenty three shots and Brown wound up outshooting us something like 38-33. So the second half we were outshot 31-12, not good. I hope we have some gas left in the tank tonight against a suddenly red hot Yale team that I believe is 4-1-1 in their last six.
                            Last edited by sshablak; 01-13-2018, 12:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                              A wins a win, congrats to coach. We played a good first half of the game, we were outshooting Princeton at one time 21-7. The third period was all Colton Point as he stopped twenty three shots and Princeton wound up outshooting us something like 38-33. So the second half we were outshot 31-12, not good. I hope we have some gas left in the tank tonight against a suddenly red hot Yale team that I believe is 4-1-1 in their last six.
                              ...Princeton?

Comment

Kudos to Coach Vaughan. We should win tonuight - it's the 13th....
                                COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Working...
                                X