Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2017-18

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
    Congrats, championship game is Jan 5, so is Q-Pac home, hmmm. At least he'll be back for Princeton the next night.
    Don't be so sure about that, given the toll that tournament can take on a player. I recall D'Amigo taking the entire weekend off after winning gold. Remember that it's 4 games over 6 days, followed by whatever happens in the knockout round. You really think he'll be up to turn around and be ready to go?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Don't be so sure about that, given the toll that tournament can take on a player. I recall D'Amigo taking the entire weekend off after winning gold. Remember that it's 4 games over 6 days, followed by whatever happens in the knockout round. You really think he'll be up to turn around and be ready to go?
      IIRC, Jerry missed the Friday game @ QU & was back for the Sunday tilt vs PU.
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        He's the backup tender, he may not even play, plus that's getting to the championship game. He did beat out Dipietro(who won the Memorial Cup last spring.) That was quite a surprise.
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
          He's the backup tender, he may not even play, plus that's getting to the championship game. He did beat out Dipietro(who won the Memorial Cup last spring.) That was quite a surprise.
          Not so surprising about DiPietro. By all accounts Linden Marshall was head and shoulders above him at Vancouver’s Player Dev. Camp this past June.
          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
            Not so surprising about DiPietro. By all accounts Linden Marshall was head and shoulders above him at Vancouver’s Player Dev. Camp this past June.
            He was expected to be the backup at least. The Memorial Cup is the premier cup for major junior hockey. This was quite an accomplishment for Point and the ECAC.

Comment

Maybe Colton gets a start tonight, Canada won 9-0 wed night.

Comment

Nice job by Point tonight in 6-0 win. While it was more a case of the syrup suckers not allowing the opponent to touch the puck , he stopped everything he saw. Nicely done!
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

A twenty save shutout will look real good to his kids and grandkids.

Comment

Happy 2018 everyone! Really looking forward to watching some hockey in Riggs Rink this weekend!!!! Go 'Gate!!!!

Comment

I wonder who will start in goal for us Friday night, Colton will still be in Buffalo. Hoping he'll be back for Saturday's game.

Comment

Scouting the Enemy: Colgate Raiders

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...e-raiders.html
                        QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                        2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                        2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                        2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                        https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                        https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                        https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Thanks QU. Pretty optimistic preview for the Bobcats.

Grayson is going to keep me off the roads this w/e. Will have to stream games
                          COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Happy for the season to resume tonight - but LOATHE how we’re playing league home games while students are on break.
                            Colgate '09

Comment

I am also excited about returning to the Class of 1965 Arena both nights this weekend.
                              My last two Colgate games were losses at Army West Point and Connecticut. Not great.
                              But, last weekend I did travel to the Three Rivers Classic in Pittsburgh and saw two very good games (Saturday) and two stinkers (Friday, 6-0 and 5-0).
                              I did enjoy seeing my friends John, Amber & Izzy Sparano from HelmetHead Designs in Omaha, too.
                              Go 'Gate!

Comment

What a heartbreaker. Don't think I remember a game in which 'Gate came back so late in the 3rd to tie and then had the rug pulled out from under them. Gotta get up for P'ton tomorrow night. They are getting shellacked by the Ithacans tonight and will be out to salvage the weekend.
                                COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Working...
                                X