Colgate 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2017-18

I'm going to the women's game today, free t-shirts, food trucks, bands ! Will be a tremendous atmosphere ! Win today and they're in the FROZEN FOUR in Minn. Go women....Go men !!!

BTW We played a very good game last night, defensively very tight, think around 33 shots on point. Who wouldaa thunk it, pressure is ALL on Clarkson tonight !
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
      Congrats to Dartmouth and their (first goal) scorer Cam Strong tonight, too. HUGE win at Harvard.
      Thanks! That fourth line has been good in that role of late and Cam has been a part of that! Good things happen when you put pucks on net!

Comment

Congrats on last night's big W! Your winning formula continues...just enough scoring and Point! We are doing the same although last night only had to use one half of that equation in Buffalo...we got off to a two goal lead early and never trailed by less than two goals the entire game. Good luck!

Comment

kind of reminds me of Ali's rope-a-dope in Zaire...great to see Cockrell score and good coverage in defensive zone...(always) need a little more offense and possession in offensive zone, and hhoping we can catch them in transition tonight...no matter what happens now the season has clearly surpassed expectations...not at all surprised by P-ton and Dartmouth wins...produce a good effort tonight and we'll see what happens...

Comment

Congratulations to the Lady Raiders on their 3-1 win over NE. Great game! On to Minnesota!

I hope some of their success rubs off on the men tonight.
            COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Didn't see or hear game.....what was the problem? Speak to me....

Comment

• Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                Didn't see or hear game.....what was the problem? Speak to me....
                I was at the game. In my opinion, there was no problem, other than we lack offense. We were out-shot 2:1 again. Colton Point played another good game. We actually had more shots tonight than last night, which isn’t saying a lot. The sixth ranked team was down 1-0 to the third ranked team after two periods in their arena. They came out loaded for bear in the first minute of the third period, scored twice and the game was effectively out of reach for us. You live by the sword and you die by the sword. Yale, Brown, RPI, Saint Lawrence, Quinnipiac and Union won’t get another opportunity to go to Lake Placid. We will.

Comment

I think we came out like a team that won game one. Clarkson came out like the team that lost the first game, desperation. Tomorrow I think we come out wiht the same fury as game three last week. Hopefully on to Lake Placid, and with us automatically getting the late game, some hope I could make the first game. (the top seed generally gets the 4:30 game, to give them more time between the games).

Comment

Why can't I get the game on WKXZ, says 404 error, or site doesn't exist ? Saw a great woman's game at least.

Comment

I hope they don't go to Pizza Hut

Comment

Hmmmmm....Game three tonight and no one here ?? Guess we're waiting for the other shoe to fall off ??

Comment

I'm here. We need to come out with all the desperation Clarkson showed last night, according to what I read on CHN. Having limited offense puts all the pressure on Point; can he withstand a rejuvinated Golden Knights team that can score at will?

With Princeton upsetting Union, anything is possible. But we need to have the execution and not take needless penalties or lose our poise no matter the situation.

Streamed the womens game. Those ladies are amazing. Here's to good karma in Minnesota. Let's beat Wisconsin this time..

Yes, no stops at Pizza Hut please.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                            Hmmmmm....Game three tonight and no one here ?? Guess we're waiting for the other shoe to fall off ??
                            I'm optimistic Regardless of the outcome of tonight's game, I'm very happy at how this season has gone. We were predicted to finish last, but instead finished 6th. We earned (and won) a home playoff series for the first time since 2015, and we're guaranteed to NOT have a losing record when the season ends.

And congratulations to the women's ice hockey team on their trip to the women's Frozen Four.

Go 'Gate!
                            Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                              Getting ready to start looking for a hotel room in Lake Placid! Agree that the season's a success regardless of outcome tonight, but sure would be fun to keep playing...

Comment

• Originally posted by Gate83 View Post
                                Getting ready to start looking for a hotel room in Lake Placid! Agree that the season's a success regardless of outcome tonight, but sure would be fun to keep playing...
                                Staying 18 miles away in Upper Jay, due to the cost in Lake Placid itself. Got a kick out of listening to Cornell fans at the Colgate Inn a couple of weeks ago, so proud of getting $250+/night rooms in Lake Placid... which they could cancel four days out Without Penalty (if need be). True college hockey fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X