Colgate 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2017-18

I listened to John McGraw for the last period (I was cheering on the women's team in their victory over Harvard) and was impressed with our effort. The equalizer by Cosgrove was unbelievable with 48 seconds left in the game!! Sounds like a great effort by the team. So glad they got the tie!! Get it done tomorrow night, boys. Go 'Gate!!!!

Comment

It is such an interesting game.
      All season long at Colgate games (and after seeing RPI at Clarkson, and Niagara at Cornell), I thought Clarkson was the real-deal and Cornell was the pretender.
      Then, recently, I thought I had that flip-flopped.
      Then, Union visits Colgate and I was blown away with how strong they appeared; I thought they looked potentially stronger than either Cornell or Clarkson.
      Then, tonight (at the game), I didn't think Union looked that strong.
      Our story, on the other hand, hasn't changed all season. We have precious little offense, but we have an outstanding goaltender in Colton Point.
      And that story played out again tonight.
      Interesting.

Comment

Iowa, welcome to the ECAC

Comment

1 point gets us home ice; 2 points gets us 6th place (and another 2 games vs. RPI).

The complete list of seeding scenarios can be found here:
          https://t.co/T35Fww6iLw
          Colgate '09

Comment

We need two points.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
              1 point gets us home ice; 2 points gets us 6th place (and another 2 games vs. RPI).

The complete list of seeding scenarios can be found here:
              https://t.co/T35Fww6iLw
              Wow, If you want to get dizzy look at all the scenarios. Just win baby !! Make it easy !

Actually, we can get in with a win(automatically) , a tie (with help) or a loss (with help)
              Last edited by sshablak; 02-24-2018, 08:31 AM.
              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

To the game, we smothered their offense. They had very few good scoring chances, Union played a good second period, we outplayed them in the first, third, and OT. Colgate's forwards forechecked unrelentlessly, as I said earlier Point had the easiest game I have seen him play. I don't know how we didn't score in OT on one play with a scramble and Kupsky somehow made the saves. Actually, Kupsky preserved the tie for them. Mckeckney's penalty with 1:40 left in OT gave me heartburn, but I don't think Union even got a shot off. Kudos to our defensive play, offense uhh, no comment, happy with the tie.

Comment

Not to get ahead of ourselves, but it looks like we could play RPI in the first round. One wonders about the midset of RPI going into tonight's game. Should we beat them, how would they come out for the first game at '65? With retribution on their minds, or defeatism? It's hard to see any ECAC team hanging their heads, but maybe we could get inside those heads with a huge win this evening and make a statement. If we could put 5-6 goals on the board, it would help psycologicaly. Of course that's asking a lot of our offense, but it could happen...

A win tonite is not a given by any means, and after the RPI loss to Cornell, anything could, and will, happen. Just get the 2 pts guys.
                  Last edited by ColSkate65; 02-24-2018, 09:30 AM.
                  COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Tonight's game will be tough. It is RPI's senior night and the big red freakout game. Houston can be hostile. I am looking forward to watching it on RPI's feed, which is always superb (and free). GO 'GATE!!!!!!!!
                    Last edited by CU13; 02-24-2018, 09:40 AM.

Comment

notwithstanding a couple of awful PPs and going 19-56 at the dots, we played well...and deserved at least one point...IF we finish 9-10-3 and finish 9th it would represent a true statistical anomaly...McMann continues to be a force and I would guess Trevor Cosgrove is a first team all-rookie selection at "D"...we looked pretty composed (except the PPs), forechecked well (Jeanson in particular) and for decent periods of the game controlled center ice...McKegney growing every game...I know we can finish 6th, but in the unlikely event that Dartmouth loses to Brown can we finish 5th? Head-to-head we're 1-1...is second tiebreaker record against top four in league? FYI, would prefer not to play Yale in round #1 (I don't even know if that is possible at this point)...just give us another good effort tonight and let the chips fall where they may...

Comment

If we win and Dartmouth loses I think we go to tiebreaker #2 and IF that is one's record against the top four (Cornell, Union, Clarkson and Harvard) we are 2-4-2, The Big Green at 2-6-0...getting ahead of myself here, but just curious...

Comment

Sorry, # wins in the league is the second tiebreaker...OK, let's get #6 seed...

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenCoat View Post
                            notwithstanding a couple of awful PPs and going 19-56 at the dots, we played well...and deserved at least one point...IF we finish 9-10-3 and finish 9th it would represent a true statistical anomaly...McMann continues to be a force and I would guess Trevor Cosgrove is a first team all-rookie selection at "D"...we looked pretty composed (except the PPs), forechecked well (Jeanson in particular) and for decent periods of the game controlled center ice...McKegney growing every game...I know we can finish 6th, but in the unlikely event that Dartmouth loses to Brown can we finish 5th? Head-to-head we're 1-1...is second tiebreaker record against top four in league? FYI, would prefer not to play Yale in round #1 (I don't even know if that is possible at this point)...just give us another good effort tonight and let the chips fall where they may...
                            We cannot finish fifth, only 6-9 right now.

Comment

People, look at Rainman's post #496 and you won't be repetitive or wrong, shows ALL scenarios.

Comment

We’ll take the two points but that third period . . . yikes. Not good. We were extremely fortunate to get out of there with a win.

At least they shouldn’t be overconfident. The coaches will gave plenty for them to work on.

Comment

Working...
                                X