No announcement yet.

2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess I shouldn't criticize just the ECAC since the WCHA has some Friday start times that are much worse. For example, today there are 2 games that start well before 6pm...one is at 3:07pm and the other is at 3:37pm. Crazy times for a Friday! And what's with the ":07" and ":37" starts anyway?!

Comment

• Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
      And what's with the ":07" and ":37" starts anyway?!
      Players come on the ice on the hour or half hour for introductions and the National Anthem. That takes 7 minutes.

Then the game starts at :07 or :37.

Comment

• Originally posted by KTDC View Post
        Players come on the ice on the hour or half hour for introductions and the National Anthem. That takes 7 minutes.

Then the game starts at :07 or :37.
        So get out there for those formalities 7 minutes beforehand and start the game on time like everyone else.

Comment

I see RIT hosts Yale at 2 pm today. I agree these are silly start times. If you are going to play afternoon games, why not just play Saturday and Sunday, and miss one fewer day of school? I wonder what the players' preference is.

Comment

CCT v SLU on a home and home today and tomorrow both at 3pm. Caveat that the mens teams are playing each night at 7.

Banner raising tomorrow!
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
              I see RIT hosts Yale at 2 pm today. I agree these are silly start times. If you are going to play afternoon games, why not just play Saturday and Sunday, and miss one fewer day of school? I wonder what the players' preference is.
              Or for parents who have to take a day off to go watch their daughters play. Makes no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                I guess I shouldn't criticize just the ECAC since the WCHA has some Friday start times that are much worse. For example, today there are 2 games that start well before 6pm...one is at 3:07pm and the other is at 3:37pm. Crazy times for a Friday! And what's with the ":07" and ":37" starts anyway?!
                The WCHA Friday afternoon games are usually due to men's hockey being in the evening on the same rink.

As for the games starting at 07 or 37 rather than 00 or 30, that is to accommodate TV broadcasts. It's definitely a small subset that are televised, but the decision to broadcast is usually made fairly close to game day, and this way, no time change is then needed.
                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Yale beat RIT
                  Maine beat BU (what is going on with the Terriers?)
                  Minnesota up on UMD
                  Clarkson up on SLU
                  "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Comment

Originally posted by Arafel View Post
                    Yale beat RIT
                    Maine beat BU (what is going on with the Terriers?)
                    Minnesota up on UMD
                    Clarkson up on SLU
                    2-0 Minnesota over UMD about halfway through the 1st period.
                    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

1st period in the books at Duluth. Still 2-0 Minnesota.

Comment

Clarkson up 4-2 on SLU on the third
                        "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

Comment

OSU up 4-0 in the second.

Comment

Originally posted by Arafel View Post
                            OSU up 4-0 in the second.
                            OSU...They good.

Comment

Clarkson 4 SLU 2 final
                              Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                              And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                              WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                              If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Good, that offsets my mistake in picking BU to beat Maine. Now if Minnesota can hold on against Duluth I'll gain a game on Nicole in the picks race.

Comment

Working...
                                X