Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dartmouth BIG Green Hockey: 2017-18 Season

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Rule 93 explains video review and what's allowed to be reviewed, here's the link to the book: http://www.ncaapublications.com/prod...loads/IH18.pdf

If there was no penalty called at the time, and given we're in the regular season, then you are correct that it was inappropriate for the referee to go back, call a penalty, and reset the game clock. If there was a penalty called, and they needed to figure out its proper adjudication, then it's fine to use replay. Mind you, 93.7 gives a postseason exemption for what they did, but it's not March yet.

As for the league action, that happens all the time, where team staff will report an incident to the league after the game, they review it, and then they take additional action.
    I think the linesman Taggart helped with initiating the call/replay. I also could have sworn I heard a whistle after the hit, but play continued on and then at the next stoppage Taggart went to the refs.

Anyway, good effort by the Big Green, congrats on the win
    Clarkson Golden Knights
    2018 ECAC Pick 'Em Champion
    2018 ECAC Pick the Standings Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by BIG Green View Post
      Strange play/occurence! Mind you, I am NOT one to harp on the refs as I believed they called a good game but on this play it is more so because I have never seen this called before like this. Demler steps up for an open ice hit in the neutral zone and clips a Clarkson player who goes down clutching his knee. Nothing is called and play continues as the said player goes off the ice on his own. After the whistle about a minute later, the refs head to video to check out this play after the fact. At this point if they were to make a call it would have to be a 5 minute major. Please let me stress there was contact a possibly a penalty (no replays were shown). After video, the refs come back onto the ice and gives a 5 minute major to Demler which BG thankfully killed. I have never seen where the refs went back to video a penalty which was not called on the ice in plain view, open ice. Like I said earlier, there was contact and could have very well been a penalty! The said player starts on the PP after the review and hopefully he is fine. However, in another scenario I have seen and this happened to BG earlier in the year as Matthews get run from behind with no call and no review on the ice and the league reviews it after the game and gives the Q guy a one game suspension. HELP!
      Happened in 2 Q games this year....linesman called penalty and review.
      Great win for BG last night. Happy for team

Comment

Originally posted by goldenbriggsy View Post
        I think the linesman Taggart helped with initiating the call/replay. I also could have sworn I heard a whistle after the hit, but play continued on and then at the next stoppage Taggart went to the refs.

Obviously I was paying attention to another game so you'd know better than me. If that's the case, then it'd be appropriate, because it would fall under figuring out proper adjudication.

Comment

People I've talked to were at the game described it as an intentional intent to injure hit. It should be deserving of a suspension. Kudos to the linesman for stepping in and calling for a review.

As far as it being a "well-played" game on both sides, that couldn't be further from the truth. Clarkson was flat from the opening face-off. I feel like they either were suffering from the effects of Friday, they didn't spend time scouting Dartmouth, or Casey's gameplan was to shorten up the shifts after a tough game Friday. We haven't seen the "dump and change" offense since late in 2016 but it was prevalent when we had less offensive tools. Regardless of the reason, it was the worst game I've seen Clarkson play in probably 2 years.
          Clarkson Golden Knights Men
          10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
          5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
          21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
          ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
          ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018, 2019
          12 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2024
          National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

Congrats to the BG on the win. The better team won the game. Hopefully my Knights will return the favor in Hanover.
            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

• Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
              People I've talked to were at the game described it as an intentional intent to injure hit. It should be deserving of a suspension. Kudos to the linesman for stepping in and calling for a review.

As far as it being a "well-played" game on both sides, that couldn't be further from the truth. Clarkson was flat from the opening face-off. I feel like they either were suffering from the effects of Friday, they didn't spend time scouting Dartmouth, or Casey's gameplan was to shorten up the shifts after a tough game Friday. We haven't seen the "dump and change" offense since late in 2016 but it was prevalent when we had less offensive tools. Regardless of the reason, it was the worst game I've seen Clarkson play in probably 2 years.
              Agreed with it not being a well played game by either team, just saying Dartmouth's effort was more deserving of the win
              Clarkson Golden Knights
              2018 ECAC Pick 'Em Champion
              2018 ECAC Pick the Standings Champion

Comment

Agreed with it not being a well played game by either team, just saying Dartmouth's effort was more deserving of the win
                Thanks for the clarification on the whistle! Why didn't they keep on blowing the whistle until play stopped as linesman can stop play and blow their whistles for any perceived majors? Like I stated numerous times, it's great that he was able to get back out there and I hope he is still OK!

Thanks for all the kind words! I guess well-played may be singular focused (BG) on my end and my viewing of Clarkson is all of one! I thought your two best players were Ammorosa (big and played it very simple with minimal mistakes and good decision-making) and Rempal (fast, shifty, and skilled although I thought he tried to take over the game by himself, trying to beat 2-3 BG guys when you down 3-2). Good luck the rest of the way and hopefully at the Frozen Four tourney.

Comment

Way to go Big Green knocking off Clarkson on Saturday.

Comment

Random Thoughts:

Now that the BIG Green are playing well and respectable on a more consistent basis...can we place reasonable expectations on them for the remainder of the year? Before this current run of good play, BG was very unpredictable where you did not know what you would get out of them night in and night out. Said another way, BG could never put all three facets of the game together (O, D and special teams) especially the game within the game in those facets. Couple of things for sure that has led to their good play: BG is having fun and playing with that confidence and swagger, TREE line (Graber/Sellar/Forman) will have a very good CORSI rating if tracked and mostly playing in their O zone, Jasiek seems to be making plays in the O zone with Baker who has been the recipient, Yau and been a point a game guy while still playing his steady defense, Shoup stepping up and playing his best hockey of the year, Less and Demler gaining valuable minutes and getting better, and so on while goalies of Buffalo and Clark have good good.

Comment

It's Games Weekend as the BG play host to Colgate/Cornell. This figures to be both low-scoring games as both teams are solid defensively backed by excellent goaltending. Without looking anything up, I believe BG has a good home record against both of these teams. It seems like vs Colgate it is almost always a one goal game. As far as Cornell, it has different dynamics as they come in as the #2 team in the country...and we know what the BG did to both DU and Clarkson when they were #2 at the time. Cornell is arguably the hottest team in the country right now but so was Clarkson last week. These games will comedown to the least amount of mistakes that can be capitalized on and also the special teams goal differential. BG, just go out and do what you have been doing the last month, play hard, smart, and with major SWAG! Go BIG Green!

Comment

You're a great fan BG, almost here by yourself.
                        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                          I'm hard pressed to understand why more Dartmouth fans don't post. They fill the rink pretty much for every game so there have to be some passionate followers no? Maybe they should advertise this blog inside the rink? Just spitballing here.

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                            I appreciated the kind words! I don’t how many times I have implored others BG fans to chime in to no avail. It would be nice to have another set of eyes and ears so at the bare minimum to ensure that I am not drinking the BG Kool Aid as I try to be objective as possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                              I'm hard pressed to understand why more Dartmouth fans don't post. They fill the rink pretty much for every game so there have to be some passionate followers no? Maybe they should advertise this blog inside the rink? Just spitballing here.
                              Agreed 100%! There have got to be others BG fans but I guess someone has to carry the torch.

Comment

BG escapes with a hard fought 2-1 victory last night. It is very seldom that the actual game plays out as it does on paper and optics but last night sure did with Shoup scoring the GW goal late in the third. Like I said on previous Colgate communications Point is hands down their best player....without him last night it would br a 3-1 to 4-1 game in which the BG wins handily as they controlled most of the play with puck possession, O zone time leading to Grad A chances only to be stoned by Point. However that is not to say that Colgate did not have their chances down the wire but only to be stymied by Buffalo. In retrospect, the only way to solve Point would be that extra pass from strong to weak side, change the angle of the shot , and obviously more net presence. Enough of the laurels as now the focus will have to be stopping the freight train know as the Big Red. BG, you have got this one as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X