Harvard Crimson 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Harvard Crimson 2017-2018

Gratifying to see Ryan Donato and the boys hitting their stride with great wins over the weekend. Concerned now about the annual break for exams and what that does to the team chemistry and newly found momentum. Happy holidays to all!
    Last edited by HUCrimson#1; 12-03-2017, 03:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HUCrimson#1 View Post
      Gratifying to see Ryan Donato and the boys hitting their stride with great wins over the weekend. Concerned now about the annual break for exams and what that does to the team chemistry and newly found momentum. Happy holidays to all!
      Solid performance against the Tigers. I think shots were 31-11 after 2 periods or something to that end. Harvard spent minutes on end in the Princeton zone.

Yes, the break comes at a tough time, but at least we know and Harvard knows that they are capable at playing at a much higher level than they did for most of the season thus far. Always nice to head into a break with a 4 point weekend, especially one on the road!

Comment

• Harvard Crimson 2017-2018

Originally posted by bothman View Post
        Solid performance against the Tigers. I think shots were 31-11 after 2 periods or something to that end. Harvard spent minutes on end in the Princeton zone.

Yes, the break comes at a tough time, but at least we know and Harvard knows that they are capable at playing at a much higher level than they did for most of the season thus far. Always nice to head into a break with a 4 point weekend, especially one on the road!
        Aside from tinkering with line composition the big difference over the weekend was starting Michael Lackey. Gutsy decision given NHL bound Merrick Madsen's ultra dependable high level of play. Starting Lackey must also be a factor in the newly found team energy. It's also advance prep for next year where a game tested senior goalie will be essential.

Comment

• Good to see the team getting the results we've expected. Our depth of talent certainly showed this weekend. Hopefully the momentum will continue as we could be short two or three players for the games in VT due to the WJC - 27 man roster should be published on Tuesday. And Donato could be going to the Olympics?
          Last edited by Game0n; 12-03-2017, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HUCrimson#1 View Post
            I wouldn't be too concerned. They needed a sweep to restore confidence. I expect they'll be looking forward to post Christmas practices and the tournament in Burlington.

Regarding players for the WJC - I expect Badini will get the call. Maybe Fox and Reilly Walsh? Not sure but it's always a possibility.

Do we have a goalie controversy? Is Madsen hurt? Or is Teddy sending a message to his senior that his play isn't good enough? Whatever, it certainly got the team's attention. Maybe this should be a harbinger for other players especially the forwards. If you don't produce, you sit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
              I wouldn't be too concerned. They needed a sweep to restore confidence. I expect they'll be looking forward to post Christmas practices and the tournament in Burlington.

Regarding players for the WJC - I expect Badini will get the call. Maybe Fox and Reilly Walsh? Not sure but it's always a possibility.

Do we have a goalie controversy? Is Madsen hurt? Or is Teddy sending a message to his senior that his play isn't good enough? Whatever, it certainly got the team's attention. Maybe this should be a harbinger for other players especially the forwards. If you don't produce, you sit.
              I think just Fox. Badini is right there and could go, but we shall see. Walsh is a possibility for next year.

Comment

Good to see that Lackey finally got a chance to play. Hard for a goalie to show what they can do when they are sitting on the bench all the time. Same thing with the 3rd and 4th lines, not much quality ice seems to come their way.

Comment

Originally posted by slapperjack View Post
                  Good to see that Lackey finally got a chance to play. Hard for a goalie to show what they can do when they are sitting on the bench all the time. Same thing with the 3rd and 4th lines, not much quality ice seems to come their way.
                  Third and fourth lines generally don't see a lot of ice time. Blue chip prospects don't often find themselves as bottom six forwards. The one exception where Harvard is concerned happened in 1989 when Teddy was a third line left wing with Mike Vukonich and John Murphy. That line would have been a second or first line on a number of college teams.

Comment

Fox, Badini, and Walsh make Workd Junior prelim roster. There should 1-2 rounds of cuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by bothman View Post
                      Fox, Badini, and Walsh make Workd Junior prelim roster. There should 1-2 rounds of cuts.
                      I saw Johansson (USA Hockey) interviewed by the NHL network, this evening. He said they are targeting 13 forwards and 7 D for the final roster. The 28 man roster has 15 forwards and 10 D, so expect 2 F and 3 D to get cut on December 23rd

Comment

• Originally posted by Game0n View Post
                        I saw Johansson (USA Hockey) interviewed by the NHL network, this evening. He said they are targeting 13 forwards and 7 D for the final roster. The 28 man roster has 15 forwards and 10 D, so expect 2 F and 3 D to get cut on December 23rd
                        Fox is a lock and a likely captain, Badini the 13th forward a la Vesey, and Walsh is likely a year away.

Comment

https://www.nhl.com/news/oliver-wahl...es/c-293738390

Comment

• He's projected to be a top 10 overall pick. I wonder if he will make it to Harvard? And if so, for how long??

Comment

• Originally posted by Game0n View Post
                              He's projected to be a top 10 overall pick. I wonder if he will make it to Harvard? And if so, for how long??
                              2yrs max

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                                2yrs max
                                If that. I'm surprised he's coming to Cambridge. After Louis LeBlanc, admissions really soured on kids coming in for one or two years and then jumping ship. The way he talks about himself and his skills reminds me of Brad Marchand. Not that it won't be fun to see him play but for only one or two years, what's the point? We're not BU or BC.

Comment

Working...
                                X