Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harvard Crimson 2017-2018

Originally posted by bothman View Post
    Because he was a Top 5 offensive player with the best +/- on the team and perhaps the fastest player on the team. He makes the first line better and would bump Byce to the 2nd Line.
    Makes sense — With Ryan departing for Pyongchang Tuesday Ted needs to rethink the first line anyway. I agree it might take a few days for Henry to regain full form. Anyone watch the Dartmouth game last night? I tried to keep in mind everyone’s recent comments about the D and PP, etc. I thought there was improvement across the team. But, of course, Dartmouth’s record is not that great. Thoughts?
    Last edited by HUCrimson#1; 02-03-2018, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by HUCrimson#1 View Post
      Makes sense — With Ryan departing for Pyongchang Tuesday Ted needs to rethink the first line anyway. I agree it might take a few days for Henry to regain full form. Anyone watch the Dartmouth game last night? I tried to keep in mind everyone’s recent comments about the D and PP, etc. I thought there was improvement across the team. But, of course, Dartmouth’s record is not that great. Thoughts?
      I watched intermittently. Play was better, especially in 1st period.

Still:
      1). Not much finish from byce, krusko, etc
      2). Walsh can’t hit the net
      3). PP still broken. Donato has to get off point. PP predictable and too still / easy to defend

Not sure what to expect on Monday. BU always brutal to play in Beanpot and on a hot streak. I don’t think I would be surprised by anything on Monday....no idea what to expect.

Comment

• Re: Harvard Crimson 2017-2018

Originally posted by HUCrimson#1 View Post
        Anyone watch the Dartmouth game last night? I tried to keep in mind everyone’s recent comments about the D and PP, etc. I thought there was improvement across the team. But, of course, Dartmouth’s record is not that great. Thoughts?
        I thought we played very similarly to the way we've been playing recently - the lines were the same and the power play was 0 for 3. On the positive side, we dominated play, outshooting Dartmouth 40 to 23, but unlike the Cornell and Colgate games (where we also outshot the opponents), we managed to score a few goals! The difference is the first couple of goals, were off or redirects which is something we did not execute last weekend. Hopefully we can figure out a way to continue making it harder on the opposition's goalies. And still need to get that power play going...

Comment

Looks like Bowlby is ready: https://***********/HarvardMHockey/status/960573037434343424

Comment

Thought Harvard competed and generally played well. Tough not to get a good result with that kind of compete level.

Horrendous goal for Madsen to give up, which is too bad, because he played well. The rebound goal to Hickey was similarly horrendous though. You can't give up a juicy rebound like that off of a backhand shot practically from the blue line.

Donato had a nice assist but I thought he was largely invisible tonight. Walsh continues to showcase a lack of composure and can't hit the net with any shots.

Can someone tell me why Fox is intent on high wrist shots instead of wrist shots that are easier to tip (closer to the ice surface)?

On the plus side, I thought Olson played his best game of the year and was a physical presence all night. Same for Sherman and Marino (why these two were ever separated after all of their success last year is beyond me).

At this point, it's ECACs or bust for Harvard and now we enter the Donato-less Crimson. Let's see how Harvard responds and not easy out of the game games with Union & BC.

Comment

I thought they played well, too. Fought all night. Looked gassed in the OT, but to be expected.

A player I though played well, after I had given up on him, was Baughman. He was on the ice for the first goal, and takes some foolish penalties, but I thought he responded well to BU's pressure.

Nevertheless, it was a pain to sit through an OT at 11:45, to see Madsen give up that soft goal. Reminded me, although not as bad, of the goal Aaron Israel gave up in OT to lose to BC years ago. Puzzling, after all these games. He saved Harvard in the first 10 minutes of the playoff game against Providence last year, so he can play well in the clutch, yet gives up soft goals when least expected. That was an aggravating one last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson Faced View Post
                I thought they played well, too. Fought all night. Looked gassed in the OT, but to be expected.

A player I though played well, after I had given up on him, was Baughman. He was on the ice for the first goal, and takes some foolish penalties, but I thought he responded well to BU's pressure.

Nevertheless, it was a pain to sit through an OT at 11:45, to see Madsen give up that soft goal. Reminded me, although not as bad, of the goal Aaron Israel gave up in OT to lose to BC years ago. Puzzling, after all these games. He saved Harvard in the first 10 minutes of the playoff game against Providence last year, so he can play well in the clutch, yet gives up soft goals when least expected. That was an aggravating one last night.
                That's been his MO since he arrived in Cambridge. He can look brilliant at times and then give up a couple of softies that absolutely kill any momentum or worse, lose a game. He is frustrating to say the least.

Comment

Is anyone else having problems with Union’s livestream? Buffering every 20 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by Replay View Post
                    Is anyone else having problems with Union’s livestream? Buffering every 20 seconds.
                    I am told that the feed has been restarted for the second period.
                    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                      I am told that the feed has been restarted for the second period.
                      Whatever they did, worked. It was better for the second and third.

Comment

Not a great result against Union, last night. But looking ahead, our recruiting class for next Fall is ranked 3rd in the country (if that means anything). Something to look forward to:

https://www.neutralzone.net/mens/ran...classyear=2018

Comment

• Originally posted by Game0n View Post
                          Not a great result against Union, last night. But looking ahead, our recruiting class for next Fall is ranked 3rd in the country (if that means anything). Something to look forward to:

Have a Top 5 recruiting class (as of now) for 2018-2020. This year’s team just really lacks any secondary scoring after Donato. The good thing is Harvard is bringing in guys next year who are known for finishing - Wahlstrom, Dornbach, Shore, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Game0n View Post

This is great news. Hopefully Ryan returns for his senior season.

I didn't think we'd win last night given our woeful record against Union at their barn. We haven't won there in eight or nine years. The lack of finish is going to be our undoing perhaps as soon as the first round of the playoffs if we don't get a bye. In fact, even if we get the bye, it might not make a difference.

Comment

So a win over BC even in the consolation game means something. And congrats to Jack Donato for scoring his first collegiate and Beanpot goal. Something to send Dad over with to Pyeongchang next week. Not sure how he is going to manage the short trip and time zone changes but as he said in the Globe this morning, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity to see his son play on the Olympic stage.

Two big ones this weekend at B-L. We need the four points to keep pace and have a shot at fourth place and a bye. I'd like to see the offense take charge and rack up some goals to give us a puncher's chance. We need the D to tighten up and bear down while still creating some offense. Not a lot to ask with this group but it's now or never time.

Comment

Cox reporting that Wahlstrom is no longer committed to Harvard and will decided between BU and BC.
                                http://www.hockeyjournal.com/nehocke...ticleId1338463
                                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X