Some random thoughts to close the book on the 2017-2018 season.
1. Harvard may want to think about hiring a coach to focus on D zone coverage. They had problems this year in the transition game and too often, tried to stick swipe the puck instead of taking the man. They lost battles along the boards and were caught watching the other team instead of asserting themselves. This may necessitate a change in style. I hope Teddy thinks about it seriously because he has too much talent back there to have them perform they way they did this year.
2. The Crimson need to improve their cycle game and create space to allow for better looks at the opposing goalie. Too often this season, we were shooting blanks or getting shots blocked because we were too indecisive as to whether to shoot or pass. More often it was the latter. Part of the improvement should be as a result of better finishers coming in.
3. The conference as a whole was pretty wide open and Princeton and Dartmouth certainly surprised me with their play down the stretch. I expect the Bobcats and Yale to be improved next year and Clarkson should be favored along with Cornell to get a top four slot. Harvard should be right there as well.
4. Wondering if Paul Pearl will leave to pursue head coaching positions. Don't know of any opening up and not sure if he'd leave MA. Bears watching.
5. Ryan, if you or any of your teammates read this forum, please stay and graduate on time. If for no other reason than you give a lot of us immense pleasure watching you perform. And yeah, I get that we can watch you spin your magic with the Bruins but college hockey is a unique experience and we've been blessed to watch you, Jimmy Vesey, Alex Kerfoot, Tyler May, Sean Malone and Luke Esposito bring us out of our seats with some amazing rushes or plays down low. Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.
Cheers everyone and have a great summer if it ever arrives here in NE. Been a lot of fun posting and sharing thoughts this season.