Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

Ha better check the scoreboard!

Comment

OK, now your season is over.

Comment

Bring in all the offensive dynamite as they can won't matter. Not going anywhere with this defense.
        Coaching these kids up to pass the puck to their teammate, not the opponent, would be a good start.
        Just sayin'.
        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
          Honestly, looking at this, I think I like BCs odds at getting into the tournament more than BU’s.
          You guys are still top 16 in the PWR. You never know!

Comment

Eric is one of you

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              Eric is one of you
              One of...THEM?!?

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                Bring in all the offensive dynamite as they can won't matter. Not going anywhere with this defense.
                Coaching these kids up to pass the puck to their teammate, not the opponent, would be a good start.
                Just sayin'.
                If you do have a player like Wahlstrom, like a Eichel type player, it would take a lot of pressure off the defense and more action in the offensive zones who can shoot.

That said McPhee and Matilla on goals #3 and #4 just not aggressive in their coverage really burned me as I helplessly watched.

I really believed they should have won 3-2 if they played decent defense in their zones.

I hope Finkelstein and Samuelsson are improvements for the defense because our defense was horrendous all year which includes the play of Fitzy, McGinnis in no short order.

I have no idea why #6 never had a chance to show his abilities on the ice before he transferred.
                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                  If you do have a player like Wahlstrom, like a Eichel type player, it would take a lot of pressure off the defense and more action in the offensive zones who can shoot.

That said McPhee and Matilla on goals #3 and #4 just not aggressive in their coverage really burned me as I helplessly watched.

I really believed they should have won 3-2 if they played decent defense in their zones.

I hope Finkelstein and Samuelsson are improvements for the defense because our defense was horrendous all year which includes the play of Fitzy, McGinnis in no short order.

I have no idea why #6 never had a chance to show his abilities on the ice before he transferred.
                  I will remain skeptical of McInnis on D until he can prove otherwise. He did show improvements but not sure where he is at now after the stretch run went on without him. Karow struggled mightily Friday night. Concern there as well.

Believe it or not Lohan led the team in plus minus in just 22 games played. So there goes one large net positive in Defense.
                  Originally posted by reBlur
                  the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Yep, gonna miss Lohan. He was very steady back there. Exceeded my expectations by a mile.

Comment

Just bizarre that bu has made 4 straight ncaa’s while bc has missed the last 2.
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Raise a banner?

Comment

Raise a banner?
                          We're trying! I'll say this much - we could have had a MUCH tougher draw than what we got. A couple of the regionals are brutal. We avoid Denver, Clarkson, St. Cloud and the Minnesota schools.

Comment

The BC 'D' does need shoring up. Friday night, Fitz was on for 3 against, Karow was culpable on the 1st and 4th goals. Karow has to step it up next year or he and McInnis might be taking turns dressing for games. BC does bring in a few forwards next year but I don't think any that will have an impact like Tolvanen would have made this year. BC may not finish first again next year but they should be in the top 4. The year after is when I think they'll start truck loading talent in to build an NCAA contender.

Comment

Yep, gonna miss Lohan. He was very steady back there. Exceeded my expectations by a mile.
                              Don't forget he missed games with his broken jaw. We miss the days of Santini and McCoshen on the blue line.
                              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                Just bizarre that bu has made 4 straight ncaa’s while bc has missed the last 2.
                                And Providence has five straight
                                Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Working...
                                X