Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    LSSU fans, hope you all have a great Christmas and holiday season!
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, Dave.

Comment

We just got a commitment from this guy for the coming semester. Forward Alex Ambrosio from Coquitlam (BCHL). Presumably a replacement for Nenadal.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=179511

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
        We just got a commitment from this guy for the coming semester. Forward Alex Ambrosio from Coquitlam (BCHL). Presumably a replacement for Nenadal.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=179511
        What happened to Nenadal? He played last weekend against Tech?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

He got a dui with a possession of reefer Sunday night. He is gone.
          BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
            He got a dui with a possession of reefer Sunday night. He is gone.
            That's too bad. So sad to see athletes or anyone for that matter mess up their lives with dumb decisions.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I hope it was worth it . Merry Christmas to all .

Comment

Merry Christmas Laker Fans!
                Go Lakers!

Comment

Originally posted by Laker54 View Post
                  Merry Christmas Laker Fans!
                  Yes, Merry Christmas.

Snowing pretty heavily down my way. About 7-8 inches of lake effect snow so far this morning and still coming down. Really makes it look like Christmas.

Comment

Back to Lakers hockey tonight. Will be interesting to see what the lineup is. Hopefully Gelsinger is back and ready to go from his injury. Miura may not be quite ready to go yet from his. Not sure if the new guy Ambrosia will be able to play or if they have to wait until the 2nd semester officially starts.

Edit: Ruggerio won't play tonight due to an upper body injury. He may play tomorrow night. Gelsinger will play tonight.
                    Last edited by Bill; 12-29-2017, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Who recruited the talent on this Laker team , a blind man ?

Comment

Seriously ? Lakers lose to Robert Morris 5-0 . What part of the game is costing this team the season ? No defense ? No goal tending ? No scoring ? No coaching ? No team leadership ? Anyone have a guess .

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                          Seriously ? Lakers lose to Robert Morris 5-0 . What part of the game is costing this team the season ? No defense ? No goal tending ? No scoring ? No coaching ? No team leadership ? Anyone have a guess .
                          I think there is something going on under the surface. They don't have as much depth of talent as the top teams in the league but they have more talent than what they are showing on ice. I saw a video feed of the game last night (with Robert Morris announcers). In the 1st period they looked totally uninspired. They never threatened to score on offense and the defense was extremely porous. Mitens was hung out to dry on all 3 goals. I wasn't able to catch much of the game beyond that point but it sounds like things didn't get much better. I think the team played like they have lost confidence in Damon. Whether he can get it back, I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                            In year 4 under Damon Whitten, how is this team any better?

You could say they have hit bottom, but there are still 2 months left in the season, so I don't think we have seen the bottom yet.

His players, his system, and his responsibility to turn this around. The results on the ice speak for themselves at this point, and the new Athletic Director will have an interesting decision to make, if in fact he hasn't made it already.

Comment

Watching the game last night, one word kept coming to mind. Apathy. Not one Laker player seemed to care, and if they don't care, why should we.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                                I think there is something going on under the surface. They don't have as much depth of talent as the top teams in the league but they have more talent than what they are showing on ice. I saw a video feed of the game last night (with Robert Morris announcers). In the 1st period they looked totally uninspired. They never threatened to score on offense and the defense was extremely porous. Mitens was hung out to dry on all 3 goals. I wasn't able to catch much of the game beyond that point but it sounds like things didn't get much better. I think the team played like they have lost confidence in Damon. Whether he can get it back, I don't know.
                                Whitten has no clue to who should even start in goal or at the other positions to be honest. No one is standing up and stealing wins for this team on defense or goal tending or even offense . How the hell do you even pick a team to play when it seems no one wants to play .

Comment

Working...
                                X