LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

So a players only meeting only improves team play for one game? That's not alarming? Season tickets are at discount look at the price on it. Mine are three dollars cheaper a game. If the team competes and loses I don't have a problem with, don't get me wrong I want them to win but the effort is not there and to me it's a result of coaching.
    I am not so sure about the future of Laker hockey anymore and that's so sad for such a once proud program.
    BLEED BLUE

Comment

It is sad what is going on with this team. I wonder why the other coach from last year lasted only one season and they brought in York . MN State is a good team and you would expect them to sweep but not by a 12 to 1 goal margin for the weekend and on Laker ice . Do the Lakers have talent ? It is to hard to tell anymore with the way they play .

The coaches need to look at their coaching methods and wonder if the system they want the team to play is out of their talent abilities and put them in a system that works . Not one system the coach thinks they need to learn and it will make them better. After four years it is not working . I miss Anazlones honesty . After a weekend they just had, Anazolone would have said we stink and players best get with it or ride the bench from here on out . One thing more Anzalone said. You understand what talent you have and play a system within that talent level . Roque is not looking all that bad now .

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
        It is sad what is going on with this team. I wonder why the other coach from last year lasted only one season and they brought in York . MN State is a good team and you would expect them to sweep but not by a 12 to 1 goal margin for the weekend and on Laker ice . Do the Lakers have talent ? It is to hard to tell anymore with the way they play .

The coaches need to look at their coaching methods and wonder if the system they want the team to play is out of their talent abilities and put them in a system that works . Not one system the coach thinks they need to learn and it will make them better. After four years it is not working . I miss Anazlones honesty . After a weekend they just had, Anazolone would have said we stink and players best get with it or ride the bench from here on out . One thing more Anzalone said. You understand what talent you have and play a system within that talent level . Roque is not looking all that bad now .
        We have some talent but we don't have the depth of talent to easily replace the 4 guys they lost early last season. Hults and Morgan in particular were excellent forwards who put up 56 points between them last season; we only had Hults for 2 seasons before he went pro, and we only had Morgan 1 season before he decided to transfer to UM. On the D side we lost Headrick to the OHL and Bindulis to the pros; we had Headrick for a season and a half and Bindulis for 1 season. Headric was young and still a little rough around the edges but had some offensive potential; Bindulis was a very good skater. Damon always talks about guys being over ready when they come in. Well we didn't have guys in the pipeline that were over ready to come in and replace those 4 guys we lost. We brought in some guys to fill out the roster and hopefullly they'll turn out to be good players in time. And a couple of the new guys haven't played yet. Ruggiero on D will be ready to go either this weekend at Tech or if not then, certainly by the holiday tournament. Miura will probably be recovered enough from his injury to start playing sometime in January; if he's ready sooner, so much the better. Bottom line: I think we have some talent, just not enough depth of talent yet. And yes, it's up tp Damon and Rich and Mike to correct that.

Comment

I've heard rumors that Holewa was treating the players more like buddies/friends than kids he should be coaching. Whether or not that's true is another question. Guy seemed to be really soft spoken too, so it could've been that he wasn't effective.

And you miss Anzalone's honesty? I'm guessing you didn't listen to the post games the last couple of weeks. After the Friday night loss against Alaska, I wouldn't have been shocked to hear he had been disciplined by either the league or the school. He laid it out the same way (not as brutal, but still) this past Friday. Saying the team has a lot of players not showing up ready to play.

But changing the system would be tough at this point. They've recruited for this system. If they change it too much (and I'm by no means an expert on hockey systems), then some of these players that are expected to be here in a year or two could just be not good or effective in the new system. But I do agree that it's certainly something they should be looking at and identifying how they can change/salvage what they have and tailor it to suit what the team has.

Irregardless, I think even if they change the system, the players still have to buy in, and it certainly has seemed like a number of players haven't wanted to be here all year.
          LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

The question really is how long do we continue to place the blame of a failing program on the various coaching staffs (4 head coaches and a multitude of assistants) rather than the deep structural problems associated with the college as a whole? I've been around long enough to finally realize that the Lakers' woes go well beyond the ability of any coach to solve.

Comment

• Originally posted by jnacc View Post
              The question really is how long do we continue to place the blame of a failing program on the various coaching staffs (4 head coaches and a multitude of assistants) rather than the deep structural problems associated with the college as a whole? I've been around long enough to finally realize that the Lakers' woes go well beyond the ability of any coach to solve.
              The definition of lunacy is continuing to do the same thing and expecting change. The problems go far deeper than the nameplate on the coaches door. Why was Frank II nowhere near as successful as Frank I? Why has Jeff Jackson said it’s unlikely that he would be able to have the kind of success he had now? To borrow an analogy from another poster, why does the board, administration and fan base think we’re going to grow roses when we keep planting potatoes? The last 20 years says otherwise loud & clear.

Comment

The Lakers have a new verbal commitment. D-man Jacob Nordqvist from Fargo of the USHL:

http://www.fargoforce.com/news_artic...rer_id=2837456

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                  The Lakers have a new verbal commitment. D-man Jacob Nordqvist from Fargo of the USHL:

http://www.fargoforce.com/news_artic...rer_id=2837456
                  The Force should probably update their release about playing with CJ Hayes.
                  LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

What do you expect this weekend?
                    Tech will be ready
                    Last edited by Huskiefan906; 12-15-2017, 04:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                      What do you expect this weekend?
                      Tech will be ready
                      Hard to say. The Lakers are just getting close to being healthy on D after being banged up much of the season. One transfer D-man (Ruggerio) probably won't be eligible until the holiday tournament although there has been some speculation that the NCAA may give him the green light to play this weekend. Still have a couple of forwards out with injuries. Team has some talent but just not enough depth yet. Lost 4 guys early from last season's team that they haven't been able to replace on an equal basis. Tech should be able to take both games although the Lakers are capable of getting a win if they put everything together.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                        Hard to say. The Lakers are just getting close to being healthy on D after being banged up much of the season. One transfer D-man (Ruggerio) probably won't be eligible until the holiday tournament although there has been some speculation that the NCAA may give him the green light to play this weekend. Still have a couple of forwards out with injuries. Team has some talent but just not enough depth yet. Lost 4 guys early from last season's team that they haven't been able to replace on an equal basis. Tech should be able to take both games although the Lakers are capable of getting a win if they put everything together.
                        Actually Ruggerio has been cleared to play this weekend.

We found this out after the team bus left town, so there were some calls going around seeing if anyone was heading to tech. Haven't heard if they found him a ride or not though.
                        LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Deman View Post
                          Well there's some help they could use on the back end right about yesterday.
                          Go Lakers!

Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Deman View Post

We found this out after the team bus left town, so there were some calls going around seeing if anyone was heading to tech. Haven't heard if they found him a ride or not though.

Maybe he made it to Houghton ... looks like he’s on the roster ... on the 4th line?

Comment

• Originally posted by lawdoggies View Post
                              Maybe he made it to Houghton ... looks like he’s on the roster ... on the 4th line?
                              He's a D-man. Supposed to be a very good skater. Hard to say how rusty he will be. Will be interesting to see who they pair him with when he plays.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill View Post
                                He's a D-man. Supposed to be a very good skater. Hard to say how rusty he will be. Will be interesting to see who they pair him with when he plays.
                                https://mobile.***********/HockeyLSSU/status/941799444118466566/photo/1

Comment

Working...
                                X