Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post
    The team finished 7th last year and lost dome pretty key players like Morgan, Bindulis, Defeils, Hults & Headrick. Did you really expect them to be “improved?”
    I think we all expected them to be ranked 58 out of 60 teams in the country at this point . All the power house teams in the Atlantic Conference are in front of he Lakers in the rankings . Every team loses players and Lake State is not alone with that .

Comment

• Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
      I think we all expected them to be ranked 58 out of 60 teams in the country at this point . All the power house teams in the Atlantic Conference are in front of he Lakers in the rankings . Every team loses players and Lake State is not alone with that .
      What fans expect and what is reality are often two very different things.

Comment

Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post
        What fans expect and what is reality are often two very different things.
        I expect the players to give their best on the ice, each and every game, representing the school and uniform they wear, to the best of their abilities.

I also expect a coach to guide, inspire, lead, develop and motivate these young men, all the while respecting them and earning it in return, showing progress and results

It's safe to say after 3 1/2 years we are seeing neither of these two things, and I don't think those expectations are that far from reality.

Time to make a change!

If that clashes with what you call reality, then we really do have a disagreement.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Serum View Post
          I expect the players to give their best on the ice, each and every game, representing the school and uniform they wear, to the best of their abilities.

I also expect a coach to guide, inspire, lead, develop and motivate these young men, all the while respecting them and earning it in return, showing progress and results

It's safe to say after 3 1/2 years we are seeing neither of these two things, and I don't think those expectations are that far from reality.

Time to make a change!

If that clashes with what you call reality, then we really do have a disagreement.
          Good post. I agree .

Comment

• Originally posted by Truth Serum View Post

Time to make a change!

What exactly does LSSU have to offer that would attract a better pool of coaching candidates? Salary? Salaries to offer Assistants? A competitive recruiting budget? Travel budget? Equipment budget?

Comment

Good effort by the Lakers tonight against the WCHA's #2 team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill View Post
                Good effort by the Lakers tonight against the WCHA's #2 team.
                But...but...but I thought the geniuses here said the team won’t play for the coach, that the dressing room is a mess. Those kids showed a lot of heart and was right there with a very good NMU team on the road.

Comment

Good effort doesn't mean very much at this point of the season. The play offs are out of reach for this team and the biggest thing they may accomplish is not finishing in tenth place and there is still a huge possibility that may be where they land .

Comment

Kudos to the team for playing hard this weekend. I stand bye my previous comments however that we need a new coach.
                    BLEED BLUE

Comment

The effort was better but the results are becoming all too common.

9th place, 6 wins in 28 games, ranked 58th out of 60 teams, attendance hitting rock bottom, along with early player departures and the head coach apparent mind games and issues, isn’t getting the job done after 3 1/2 years at the helm.

It’s time for a change, this isn’t working, Lake Superior State can do better.

Comment

We are down to praises a losing effort and that is unacceptable .

Comment

• Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                          Kudos to the team for playing hard this weekend. I stand bye my previous comments however that we need a new coach.
                          If the administration doesn’t give a new coach the tools necessary to be a winning program, we won’t be a winning program. Fire Borek. Fire Frank. Fire Roque. Fire Whitten... same as it ever was... same as it ever was...
                          Last edited by RapidsCity; 01-21-2018, 09:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post
                            If the administration doesn’t give a new coach the tools necessary to be a winning program, we won’t be a winning program. Fire Borek. Fire Frank. Fire Roque. Fire Whitten... same as it ever was... same as it ever was...

I don't disagree with you but I understood your stance 25 or so of your posts ago. We need more money infused into the program I'll agree with you 100 percent.

If a new coach is the direction they go I hope the committee is not reassembled from the last time.
                            BLEED BLUE

Comment

I don't disagree with you but I understood your stance 25 or so of your posts ago. We need more money infused into the program I'll agree with you 100 percent.

If a new coach is the direction they go I hope the committee is not reassembled from the last time.
                              Couldn’t agree more on all accounts.

The “committee” from before with Comley as the kingpin shouldn’t even be considered by the new AD. The results of where the program is at with who they/he did pick, and who wasn’t even considered speak for themselves.

Comment

The compensation and resources available to build a program has an effect on the quality in the pool of candidates? Is it possible that Whitten was the best we could get? Who were those sure fire winners that Comley & Co passed up?

Comment

Working...
                                X