LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
    Let us just say they are 59 and Alaska is 60. The series will be more fun to see who fought it out at the very end to claim worse team in the nation .
    It’s worth staying up late and tuning into Bill Crawford for those ones.

Wonder if Whitten’s contract extension has performance bonuses regarding avoiding the basement of college hockey?

Comment

• Re: LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

Hate to sound like a broken record but honestly people what are the solutions (if any) to the current Laker woes? Who here really believes that making a coaching change at this time will result in a noticeable difference next season, or the season after that? We've had now had 4 coaches since J.J. and the glory years and I simply cannot accept that everyone of those four was somehow less than a D-1 caliber coach. Coaching can be a factor to some extent but the Laker's problems go well beyond coaching. Until those problems are acknowledged and addressed, as Rapids constantly says, why would we expect anything different????????

Comment

I agree money is lacking.
        BLEED BLUE

Comment

I am not for a coaching change but the coaching staff needs to examine themselves and find out why their coaching methods are not working. After four years and the best they can put out on the ice is the 59th worse team in the nation . Maybe it is not the players who lack talent but a coaching staff that doesn't get players to the next level. Whitten needs to look at his staff as hard as he does the players and maybe it is time to make adjustments in the way they play . The coaches can be just as much to blame as players who lack the talent to play the game. A coach who can't fix his own short comings is not what you want .

Comment

Just in case anyone missed it:

The Lakers just shut out the Bemidji State Beavers.

I repeat:

The Lakers just shut out the Bemidji State Beavers.

That is all.
            LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Good solid road win. They played good D, got good goaltending, and put a couple past Bitzer. It would be nice if they can compete hard again tonight and give themselves a chance at another W.
              Last edited by Bill; 02-03-2018, 07:32 AM.

Comment

That’s the team some say has quit on the coach, won’t play for him, right. The team who’s room is in complete disarray, right?

Comment

It is good they won and good to see a shut out . The game they played last night needed to be the games they played every night and now just maybe they found out what needs to be done every time they take to the ice .

Comment

• [QUOTE=RapidsCity;6597486]That’s the team some say has quit on the coach, won’t play for him, right. The team who’s room is in complete disarray,

Five games left in the season, right.
                    BLEED BLUE

Comment

On the Laker Hockey Show this week, Damon mentioned that we have received a new verbal commitment. I haven't heard a name yet or position or what season, but I think it's probably a younger guy for 2-3 seasons (or more) out.

Comment

Lakers shut out Bemidji both nights! Outscored the Beavers 4-0 on the weekend.

I've said before that I've flipped-flopped on keeping Whitten around. I think this weekend sealed where my mind is at on the matter now. While I have issues with the man, it seems that if he did lose the room, he's gained it back.

Hopefully this is a sign of things to come.
                        LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Hats off to the Lakers for playing so well this weekend. I have to admit I didn't see it coming.
                          BLEED BLUE

Comment

Way to go Lakers!

Comment

This is the way we needed to see you play all season. Play hard for 60 minutes and you can be a different team .

Comment

Hi there, so myself and my wife have followed Mitens and covered him since his U18 Worlds for Latvia. We had a chance to cover the game and talk to Mitens and Miura afterwords. Anyway, below is the link to her photos from the game, and my game recap. Feel free to use the photos for stuff, just credit Kelsey Lee of Violent Turtle Photography. Copy and paste the links to your browser if hyperlinks don't work. Lake State did an outstanding job clearing rebounds away from Mitens, and his ability to anticipate tips and deflections was awesome.

https://seamoresports.com/2018/02/04...dji-state-2-0/

Copy and paste the below link for photos

goo.gl/vEogwc

Comment

Working...
                                X