LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

I would like you to tell me that. If I understand you correctly Damon Whitten is the very best that Lake State can afford? If your are right then maybe it would be best to just shut the program down.

Where did you read that I said they passed up on sure fire applicants?
    BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Serum View Post
      Couldn’t agree more on all accounts.

The “committee” from before with Comley as the kingpin shouldn’t even be considered by the new AD. The results of where the program is at with who they/he did pick, and who wasn’t even considered speak for themselves.
      Comley also headed up the committee at NMU that hired Potulny. Sure looks as though that "committee" with "kingpin Comley" did pretty well thus far.
      Go Lakers!

Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

Comment

• Originally posted by jsmithe View Post
        Comley also headed up the committee at NMU that hired Potulny. Sure looks as though that "committee" with "kingpin Comley" did pretty well thus far.

He is a Wildcat and the sheet is named in his honor.
        BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post
          The compensation and resources available to build a program has an effect on the quality in the pool of candidates? Is it possible that Whitten was the best we could get? Who were those sure fire winners that Comley & Co passed up?
          You plant potatoes, you get potatoes.
          "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

• I’d like to remind everyone that 3/4 of the people on this thread at the time favored Ron Fogarty over Whitten during the interview period and several people were calling for him to be a top candidate before Comley was ever asked to help replace Roque.

Guess what? Fogarty wanted twice as much money as Whitten and he has less wins than Whitten does now.

Comment

I was gone this evening and mised the stream of the game. I see we scored 3 goals which is decent for us, but gave up 5. Was it defensive lapses, shaky goaltending,or some of both?

Comment

A little of everything Bill. The Lakers were cashing in on their chances in the first period and the second period they looked tired. Bowling Green was quicker and faster than the Lakers during the first two periods they are very tenacious. The Lakers played well in the third period but couldn't cash in except for the lone goal. Faceoffs were also a dreadful tonight for the Lakers.
                BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                  He is a Wildcat and the sheet is named in his honor.
                  I am a Northern grad and have to agree, I find it surprising Rick had anything to do with your coaching search. I know he coached there back during the Nixon administration, but that was more than a long time ago. I am a big fan of UP hockey, especially given what college hockey has done to small market teams. Yes, even Tech, who has done well in recent years. I think we as small market teams need to support one another if we are going to survive the big money sports push. It starts with going to the games, and you, like Northern, are having trouble getting people to go to the rink. I live way too far away, but all I can do is talk it up and go when I can. No player wants to play in empty rinks, and good players don't have to.
                  That said, I thought you guys were solid last weekend and gave us everything we wanted. Your goaltending was solid and we had a hard time getting much of an offense going. Really be nice if you could get one from Bowling Green. I may watch your boys tomorrow night on WCHA tv as I wait for Northern's late game. 8 bucks is the least I can do to show my support for UP hockey. Go Cats, go Lakers.
                  “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
                  – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
                  when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                    I was gone this evening and mised the stream of the game. I see we scored 3 goals which is decent for us, but gave up 5. Was it defensive lapses, shaky goaltending,or some of both?
                    The lakers have the worse goal tending and defense in the league . My guess is it is always lack of goal tending and defense. They are ranked 59th out of 60 teams and if Alaska can get a win or two, the lakers will end up ranked 60th in the nation. I hope Whitten isn't going to blame the loses on just not getting the breaks . Whitten and the coaching staff have put together a horrible team and should admit to that .

Comment

• Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                      The lakers have the worse goal tending and defense in the league . My guess is it is always lack of goal tending and defense. They are ranked 59th out of 60 teams and if Alaska can get a win or two, the lakers will end up ranked 60th in the nation. I hope Whitten isn't going to blame the loses on just not getting the breaks . Whitten and the coaching staff have put together a horrible team and should admit to that .
                      It appears Whitten’s contract has been extended so this will be the new norm.

Comment

• Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                        I would like you to tell me that. If I understand you correctly Damon Whitten is the very best that Lake State can afford? If your are right then maybe it would be best to just shut the program down.

Where did you read that I said they passed up on sure fire applicants?
                        When you pay the lowest salary in the league for head coach & assistant coaches, what do you expect?

Comment

• Originally posted by devildog View Post
                          I am a Northern grad and have to agree, I find it surprising Rick had anything to do with your coaching search. I know he coached there back during the Nixon administration, but that was more than a long time ago. I am a big fan of UP hockey, especially given what college hockey has done to small market teams. Yes, even Tech, who has done well in recent years. I think we as small market teams need to support one another if we are going to survive the big money sports push. It starts with going to the games, and you, like Northern, are having trouble getting people to go to the rink. I live way too far away, but all I can do is talk it up and go when I can. No player wants to play in empty rinks, and good players don't have to.
                          That said, I thought you guys were solid last weekend and gave us everything we wanted. Your goaltending was solid and we had a hard time getting much of an offense going. Really be nice if you could get one from Bowling Green. I may watch your boys tomorrow night on WCHA tv as I wait for Northern's late game. 8 bucks is the least I can do to show my support for UP hockey. Go Cats, go Lakers.
                          Comley is an LSSU alum and an LSSU Hall of Famer. Why would you exclude him?

Comment

• Originally posted by Truth Serum View Post
                            It appears Whitten’s contract has been extended so this will be the new norm.
                            Fire Roque. It’s all Roque’s fault. Everything will be better if we fire Roque.

Comment

President died, AD left, SID left, Ticket/Marketing person left, about 10 other coaches gone including Doug Holewa, no video guy and no strength coach. Please someone show me a head coach in ANY D1 sport that could endure that, coupled with the loss of their top scorers from last year and lengthy injuries to top players this year and still be successful?

The fact is you can’t because it almost never happens. Although I’m not going to go into detail on those, NONE of those were Damon’s fault but they certainly played a huge role in shaping this season. In my mind, he, Rich & Mike earned another year with their loyalty and dedication to the LSSU Athletic program.

Comment

Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post
                                Comley is an LSSU alum and an LSSU Hall of Famer. Why would you exclude him?
                                I don't know, not looking for an argument. I guess it's hard for me to expect an equal commitment to two programs that are rivals.
                                “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
                                – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
                                when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

Working...
                                X