USCHO Poster's Poll: '17-'18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USCHO Poster's Poll: '17-'18

Grant may not see it this way, but this might be BC's best shot to win a title.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
      No I'm definitely on board with us having a really good shot this year... I'm optimistic about next year too (we really only lose Kent and Miano, and get back Keller and Flanagan), but yeah, this year could definitely be the year.
      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
        I'm optimistic about next year too (we really only lose Kent and Miano, and get back Keller and Flanagan)...
        That's what I meant -- I don't like BC's chances next season. Is Burt on the 5-year plan, or why aren't you counting her in the losses? If she is, then I don't like your chances this year so well.
        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Brian Idalski's opinion was that the number of elite players in the game was shrinking, not expanding...
          pretty much explains why his program only had one NCAA appearance, couldn't see the trees through the forest

that's what I said earlier,
          there is no top contending team from the west this year
          Last edited by pokechecker; 10-01-2017, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
            pretty much explains why his program only had one NCAA appearance, couldn't see the trees through the forest
            As much as I hate to admit it, I actually agree with you on this one. He never struck me as the brightest bulb in the chandelier. Maybe the dimmer switch was just always on a low setting. He always came across as being very supercilious.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
              As much as I hate to admit it, I actually agree with you on this one. He never struck me as the brightest bulb in the chandelier. Maybe the dimmer switch was just always on a low setting. He always came across as being very supercilious.

your disdain for male coaches is well known

maybe if you had said he had a number of very good players that never reached their full potential while playing for him .... I'd mention a few but you could pretty much list every player who ever played for him except for Shelby Amsley-Benzie, who being a goalie I'm not even sure you could give him credit for her

he always struck me as a coach who didn't see the difference between men's and women's hockey

your post while amusing ...
              excuse me while I flush

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post

your disdain for male coaches is well known

maybe if you had said he had a number of very good players that never reached their full potential while playing for him .... I'd mention a few but you could pretty much list every player who ever played for him except for Shelby Amsley-Benzie, who being a goalie I'm not even sure you could give him credit for her

he always struck me as a coach who didn't see the difference between men's and women's hockey

your post while amusing ...
                excuse me while I flush
                Actually I have disdain for any coach whose arrogance overshadows their ability to do their job well enough to gain proper respectability. The fact of the matter is there are simply far more in that category that are males. I don't judge by gender.....however, I also don't expect you to understand.

You aught to wipe before you get off your well deserved seat of honor, and please wash your hands for once.

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                  Until I see the second coming of Cayley Mercer and Genevieve Bannon from two of the returnees or freshmen

1) Wisconsin
                  2) Minnesota
                  3) Clarkson Early season Clarkson/Northeastern and Clarkson/Bemidji series will be a good indicator of this team's strengths/weaknesses
                  4) Boston College
                  5) Colgate
                  6) Northeastern
                  7) St. Lawrence
                  8) UMD
                  9) Cornell
                  10) Robert Morris
                  1) Wisconsin
                  2) Clarkson No second comings but the freshmen look good and Tiley was good this weekend
                  3) Boston College
                  4) Minnesota
                  5) Colgate
                  6) Northeastern
                  7) St. Lawrence
                  8) UMD
                  9) Cornell
                  10) Ohio State
                  Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                  And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                  WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                  If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

1 UW
                    2 Clarkson
                    3 BC
                    4 St. L
                    5 Merrimack
                    6 UM
                    7 OSU
                    8 Mercyhurst
                    9 Q
                    10 UMD
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      1 UW
                      2 Clarkson
                      3 BC
                      4 St. L
                      5 Merrimack
                      6 UM
                      7 OSU
                      8 Mercyhurst
                      9 Q
                      10 UMD
                      Since Quinny lost to Maine and you have Quinny in 9th, is your 6th place the University of Maine??? Just wonderin
                      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

1. Wisconsin
                        2. Boston College
                        3. Clarkson
                        4. Minnesota
                        5. Northeastern
                        6. Colgate
                        7. St. Lawrence
                        8. Minnesota Duluth
                        9. Ohio State
                        10. Robert Morris
                        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

1 Wisconsin
                          2 Clarkson
                          3 Boston College
                          4 Colgate
                          5 Minnesota
                          6 St. Lawrence
                          7 Northeastern
                          8 Cornell
                          9 Minnesota-Duluth
                          10 Robert Morris

Comment

That's what I meant -- I don't like BC's chances next season. Is Burt on the 5-year plan, or why aren't you counting her in the losses? If she is, then I don't like your chances this year so well.
                            I'll address this question in a week or two lol... Don't let me forget!

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                              Actually I have disdain for any coach whose arrogance overshadows their ability to do their job well enough to gain proper respectability. The fact of the matter is there are simply far more in that category that are males. I don't judge by gender.....however, I also don't expect you to understand.

You aught to wipe before you get off your well deserved seat of honor, and please wash your hands for once.
                              I don't know a lot about Idalski; but I do know that his teams scared the heck out of the Gophers every year. His teams were in the top 4 nationally for several years earlier in this decade, but with the NCAA choosing cost savings over bracket integrity, they always had to go through the Gophers to get to the Final Four. That would be a difficult accomplishment even for a humble coach.

He was clearly a solid recruiter, based on the number of talented players that passed through his program, and if he never won an NCAA title...well, I think there are only 5 coaches who have ever won one of those titles (6 if you count Clarkson's co-coaches).

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                                Since Quinny lost to Maine and you have Quinny in 9th, is your 6th place the University of Maine??? Just wonderin
                                Merrimack has a winning record and beating the rodents on the road is a serious accomplishment. Maine beating Q not so much.

I encourage all voters to vote for Mercyhurst over Bob M. The scores don't indicate it, but Mercyhurst looked good, especially Friday. Outshot UW 12-6 in the 3rd, Campbell had to be good that period. They looked better than the Bob M team that came to Madison so UW had someone to play to get to the final 4 last year.
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X