Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Medical Thread: We're experts on everything else; why not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Medical Thread: We're experts on everything else; why not?

I have something called a tarsal coalition in my right foot.

I see the orthopedic surgeon tomorrow, and I think surgery will be recommended. I already dropped out of my race schedule for the year, so I'm ready.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Basically my right foot is bone on bone, forcing me to compensate on the opposite side of the foot. No amount of pain pills will help that.

I welcome the surgery.
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

What happens when you drink 10 oz of Magnesium Citrate? I'm glad you asked...

12:05 pm: It's time. You shotgun a 10 oz bottle like it's a lukewarm PBR and you don't want to be a ***** in front of your older brother's friends.

It's suppose to be grape flavored but it's becoming quite clear that whoever led the R&D team that day has never actually tasted anything grape in their life. You are already regretting this decision.

12:06 pm: You deep throat a cupcake like you've been saving it for the apocalypse because let's face it...that time is here. It's going to turn to liquid form before it even clears your throat but you don't care. All is right in the world at this moment. Hold on to that. You're about to enter a very dark period in your life.

12:37 pm: First sign of life. The pressure is growing. You already have 5 lbs of impacted **** in your colon and you basically just drank the "safe for humans" version of Drano. You feel a poop coming on finally. You think it's time. You're wrong. You get a little snake turd as a teaser.

Take note...this is the last semi-solid thing you will see leaving your body for the next 24 hours.

12:57 pm: That little science experiment you got cooking is about to reach it's boiling point. Your stomach is angry now. It hates you...you can feel it. You have exactly .3 seconds to make it to the nearest toilet but you can't run... NEVER run! You pray to god there is enough elasticity in your butthole to keep the gates closed 5 more steps as you start to preemptively undo your pants to save valuable time. Almost there. 3...2...1...

12:58 pm: Sweet Mary, mother of God...is this real life? Your cheeks barely hit the seat and all hell breaks loose. The ****/ water mixture you've just created comes out with such force that it actually sprays the back of the toilet bowl at a 45 degree angle thus deflecting it in every direction but down.

Is that blood?

False alarm.

That's just the remnants of a cherry pie you ate at Thanksgiving...when you were 5. The smell is horrid...the sound is frightening. You try to clench whats left of your ******* to soften the blow but it's not working. The whole house just heard your liquid **** fart as it gurgled out of your ***.

1:06 pm- 8:30 pm: Everything's a blur. You have **** out everything you have ever eaten since the day you were born, everything your ancestors have ever eaten since the early 1800's, and your ******* now feels like you have a flaming hot Cheeto and the tears of a thousand Jalapeno seeds stuck in it.

You're now curled up in the bathtub ugly crying because you have to remain within arm's reach of the toilet at all times. You have the poop sweats.

You meet Jesus.

8:37 pm: Your family will never be able to unsee the things they've seen in the last 8 hours.

You're broken.

Your *******'s broken.

Your spirit's broken.

Life as you know it will never be the same. But...tomorrow's a new day. You're going to wake up, throw on the only remaining pair of underwear you have that doesn't have a **** stain on it, and you're going to run up to Target with the last shred of dignity you have left...and buy yourself a new toilet brush. You've earned it.

-unknown
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

That sh1t is the devil. They gave me that as prep for some surgery and I was so dehydrated by the time I got there they couldn't get a line in me.

Comment

I had to drink that as part of my colonoscopy prep. It was the last part of a sick and twisted process.

1. Take (4) laxative pills.
            2. Drink 64 ounces of gatorade with an entire bottle of Miralax mixed in.
            3. Drink 10 ounces of magnesium citrate.

This over a 10 hour period.

I only got 40 ounces of the gatorade drank and I threw up most of it.
            I only drank half the magnesium citrate.

I called the nurse after I threw up. That was about 4 hours in. She said to keep drinking. I only drank a little more so I didn't throw up again. The magnesium citrate was going to make me power vomit so I stopped before that happened. I figured half was better than nothing.

The procedure itself was a breeze. The prep sucked.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              I had to drink that as part of my colonoscopy prep. It was the last part of a sick and twisted process.

1. Take (4) laxative pills.
              2. Drink 64 ounces of gatorade with an entire bottle of Miralax mixed in.
              3. Drink 10 ounces of magnesium citrate.

This over a 10 hour period.

I only got 40 ounces of the gatorade drank and I threw up most of it.
              I only drank half the magnesium citrate.

I called the nurse after I threw up. That was about 4 hours in. She said to keep drinking. I only drank a little more so I didn't throw up again. The magnesium citrate was going to make me power vomit so I stopped before that happened. I figured half was better than nothing.

The procedure itself was a breeze. The prep sucked.
              Great. Something to look forward to when I turn 40.

I'm also aware, being trans, I need to still get prostate exams done until I have confirmation surgery.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

I'm also aware, being trans, I need to still get prostate exams done until I have confirmation surgery.

The procedure is a breeze, now. The prep is just gross because you strap in and ride the bowel bowl for about 18 straight hours. You're squeaky clean by the end of it, though. Must be great if you're into anal.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I tried to have a positive attitude- I was still working as an NP at the time. Every moment I was free I felt like I should be catching up on my charting. Figured I couldn't chart when I had to keep going into the loo. I read a whole book without guilt.

The prep described above is stupid. No one uses that out here. We get the Miralax/gatorade thing. I had to drink the Mag Cit for one of my surgeries. Never again. The second one I just went on a lix diet for 5 days. That worked.

Comment

My best friend has stage 4 colon cancer(spread to his liver). He's 57. Of course there's a backstory; at 50 he had his first colonoscopy and everything was clear so they told him to come back in 5 years. Something came up in year 5 so he missed that follow-up. Same for year 6. Year 7 rolled around he went to get checked for an inguinal hernia and that's when they found the C.
                    Started chemo, developed a couple of infections but all in all he's doing pretty good. Chemo has shrunk the tumors and it turns out the massive doses of antibiotics has somehow helped to shrink the tumors too.

So when they tell you to come back for a follow-up, do so.
                    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

The procedure is a breeze, now. The prep is just gross because you strap in and ride the bowel bowl for about 18 straight hours. You're squeaky clean by the end of it, though. Must be great if you're into anal.
                      That was the weird thing with me. I didn't ride the bowel for 18 straight hours. I was on the couch for most of it wondering why I didn't have to go.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                        My best friend has stage 4 colon cancer(spread to his liver). He's 57. Of course there's a backstory; at 50 he had his first colonoscopy and everything was clear so they told him to come back in 5 years. Something came up in year 5 so he missed that follow-up. Same for year 6. Year 7 rolled around he went to get checked for an inguinal hernia and that's when they found the C.
                        Started chemo, developed a couple of infections but all in all he's doing pretty good. Chemo has shrunk the tumors and it turns out the massive doses of antibiotics has somehow helped to shrink the tumors too.

So when they tell you to come back for a follow-up, do so.
                        So, they said 10 years for me? My understanding is ff it was 5 he must have had some polyps that weren't cancer yet but were the type that could turn into cancer? And, my brother-in-law who has that situation is on a three year come back plan.

Since mine was completely clear with no polyps it's 10 years. If they see any polyps at all they rip them right out during the procedure.

I'm very sorry for what your friend is going through. Colon cancer is awful. And, as my doctor said, the invasive colonoscopy is the only true method we have for early detection.

Comment

I'm sitting here in the office and in he strolls. Looking good for a guy half dead I tell him. FU he says to me. He'll be fine. He said they did find a polyp the first time.
                          A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

Do they remove the prostate too? I always thought they removed just the gonads and schweinsteiger
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              Do they remove the prostate too? I always thought they removed just the gonads and schweinsteiger
                              You know there are...umm...videos...

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                You know there are...umm...videos...
                                Really?? why am I thinking of the sausage adage?
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X