Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Medical Thread: We're experts on everything else; why not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Medical Thread: We're experts on everything else; why not?

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Colon blow tomorrow eve and night in preparation for the moon probe on Monday.

Been a while since the last one which was clean and I don't expect problems.

I'll reread the previous description to be alert for abnormal symptoms.
    Conversation following my last colonoscopy:

Endoscopist: "All it showed was what we already knew. You're a perfect A-S-S-hole"
    Me: "At least I'm not full of $h1+"

Good luck with yours
    "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
    Groucho Marx
    "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
    Ron White
    "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
    Milo Bloom

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Colon blow tomorrow eve and night in preparation for the moon probe on Monday.

Been a while since the last one which was clean and I don't expect problems.

I'll reread the previous description to be alert for abnormal symptoms.
      Make sure you eat a sensible balanced breakfast...
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I survived. Very small pylop was removed. Everything else was ok.

The doc prescribed CleanPiq to clean me out. Based on my last cleanse with something different, I was expecting the Saturn V of explosions. Not the case. This was more like ion power. Think I prefer the Saturn V approach, though this stuff tasted better.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          I survived. Very small pylop was removed. Everything else was ok.
          Good show! Did they give you 5 or 10 until rinse and repeat?
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Good show! Did they give you 5 or 10 until rinse and repeat?
            depends on biopsy of pylop. Hoping 10 when I'll be 74 - that will be the last one.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Cafe doctors: please tell me what is happening here.

The two players react identically -- first they go to a knee, then they hold their head. What has happened to them? Is there a physical shock wave from the strike? Have they been electrocuted through the ground? It comes right on the flash so I don't think it can be percussion. Does the sudden flash of light overwhelm sensory inputs and cause a brain injury?
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The two players react identically -- first they go to a knee, then they hold their head. What has happened to them? Is there a physical shock wave from the strike? Have they been electrocuted through the ground? It comes right on the flash so I don't think it can be percussion. Does the sudden flash of light overwhelm sensory inputs and cause a brain injury?
                Oof, somebody didn’t follow lightning protocol.
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  depends on biopsy of pylop. Hoping 10 when I'll be 74 - that will be the last one.
                  5 years
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

No idea in this case.

But I can tell you lightning is INCREDIBLY loud. Like, the loudest thing I have ever heard. Back when I was 16 I was working at DQ. There was a thunderstorm and for whatever reason, I stuck my head out the drive through window to get a better look at it. Right as I did that lightning struck in our parking lot like 75-100 feet away, maybe less. I was thrown back from the window, probably because my legs reflexively kicked back. I grabbed my ears and was completely disoriented. It took me a few seconds to realize what happened and make sure I was still alive.

Turns out, someone else was struck by that bolt. Didn’t realize it at the time but saw the pictures on the local newscast that night. It looked like he was beaten up by a gang with bats. Two black eyes. Burns. Severe bruising all over. Laid up in the hospital.

So it’s possible that they were disoriented.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

They’re soccer players!!!

They go down for anything.
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        No idea in this case.

But I can tell you lightning is INCREDIBLY loud. Like, the loudest thing I have ever heard. Back when I was 16 I was working at DQ. There was a thunderstorm and for whatever reason, I stuck my head out the drive through window to get a better look at it. Right as I did that lightning struck in our parking lot like 75-100 feet away, maybe less. I was thrown back from the window, probably because my legs reflexively kicked back. I grabbed my ears and was completely disoriented. It took me a few seconds to realize what happened and make sure I was still alive.

Turns out, someone else was struck by that bolt. Didn’t realize it at the time but saw the pictures on the local newscast that night. It looked like he was beaten up by a gang with bats. Two black eyes. Burns. Severe bruising all over. Laid up in the hospital.

So it’s possible that they were disoriented.
                        My brother was in an upstairs bedroom one night at my parents' house. He had left a west-facing window open when going to bed, a thunderstorm started rolling through the area. He got up to close it, took a moment to watch the light show when a bolt of lightning hit six houses to the west. The bolt hit the gas meter on the house's eastern side, and my brother was blasted all the way across the room, hit the wall and landed onto his bed. The house that was hit was about half gone by the time the fire department was able to get the blaze under control.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          My brother was in an upstairs bedroom one night at my parents' house. He had left a west-facing window open when going to bed, a thunderstorm started rolling through the area. He got up to close it, took a moment to watch the light show when a bolt of lightning hit six houses to the west. The bolt hit the gas meter on the house's eastern side, and my brother was blasted all the way across the room, hit the wall and landed onto his bed. The house that was hit was about half gone by the time the fire department was able to get the blaze under control.
                          Yikes. What happened to the houses in between? Shock wave? Windows blown out?

Only thing I've heard of like that was from a friend on a flight that hit turbulence with no warning. One of the stewardesses was walking down the aisle and bounced straight off the ceiling and cracked her neck -- dead instantly. Guy said it was like being in an elevator and watching a floor rush past -- the plane dropped and it was as if she stayed in the same place. Everything in the cabin that wasn't secured was smashed.

I was amazed because I figured everything within the local reference frame would just move together. Apparently that isn't how physics works.
                          Last edited by Kepler; 09-18-2019, 10:21 AM.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Yikes. What happened to the houses in between? Shock wave? Windows blown out?

Only thing I've heard of like that was from a friend on a flight that hit turbulence with no warning. One of the stewardesses was walking down the aisle and bounced straight off the ceiling and cracked her neck -- dead instantly. Guy said it was like being in an elevator and watching a floor rush past -- the plane dropped and it was as if she stayed in the same place. Everything in the cabin that wasn't secured was smashed.

I was amazed because I figured everything within the local reference frame would just move together. Apparently that isn't how physics works.
                            The neighbors all had a fright, but I don't recall seeing any construction crews aside from the burned house at the time. Then again, I was in college, so I could have easily missed a crew showing up to replace a window or two.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Take the time and watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og62...ature=youtu.be
                              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Harsh truth: when you don't use your muscles, you lose them. Started physical therapy yesterday to get stronger and I am basically starting from scratch. Seems like everything atrophied, and there is a noticeable difference between my left calf and my right.

Time to get moving again. I will become "Amber Marie, marathon runner, ultra-marathon finisher, and future Ironman triathlete" once more.
                                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Working...
                                X