Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Medical Thread: We're experts on everything else; why not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Medical Thread: We're experts on everything else; why not?

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    And it's come to this. My doctor ordered an enema.
    "I'll have what she's having."
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      "I'll have what she's having."
      That was not fun.

And yet, it'll be a regular thing...
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Want to know your surgeon's success rate?

https://wtop.com/health-fitness/2017...-success-rate/
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

This cannot take into account the complexity of the surgery and likely gives a false sense of knowledge. The guys that I would want clipping a brain aneurysm have higher morbidity and mortality because they take the cases that other surgeons wont touch.
          In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
          I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

This is like a DA's record. They only take slam dunk cases.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Viagara now available over the counter in the UK.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

The constipation issue is pretty much resolved. What was missing was oats and high intensity activity.

As for the fatigue and anemia: feeling better. Enough to run and do more intense workouts again. However, I am holding myself to a promise of "No 26.2" this coming year. I think 5K, 10K, and sprint duathlon (5K run/20K bike/5K run) should keep me busy.
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

I believe chronic fatigue was a misdiagnosis, and it was simple overtraining that led to being so f-cking tired.

2015, did three marathons, felt good.
                  2016, decided I could pile on with 5 marathons and a 50 mile ultra. After the Marquette Marathon Labor Day weekend that year, my ankles were screaming. After each marathon that year, I only waited a week before heading back out.
                  2017, I wanted to shoot the moon. Shot both feet off in the process. I wanted to be on someone else's level so badly that I ignored the warning signs. In the end, when I was forced to not run between August and December, "I did absolutely nothing. And it was everything I dreamed it could be."

Comment

CBD oil cream/salve/balm whatever you want to call it, it works.
                    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

This is good news

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-44347381
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...id=12006373513

Comment

Clearly a one-sided report, with Mayo declining to respond, but interesting nonetheless.

Family says Mayo was trying to abduct their daughter.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            Clearly a one-sided report, with Mayo declining to respond, but interesting nonetheless.

Admittedly, I'm a supporter of Mayo. But starting with the line that the patient had virtually no chance of survival and progressing quickly to obscenities, I have some doubts about this one. 1) They see thousands of patients a day - not surprising that at some point they'll have some issues 2) This is not a bank - they literally save the lives of hundreds a day and potentially lives that may not have been saved elsewhere. I think giving some slack is due. 3) It even appears that CNN is walking on egg shells with how much positioning this one's getting. Questionable.
                            Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                              Admittedly, I'm a supporter of Mayo. But starting with the line that the patient had virtually no chance of survival and progressing quickly to obscenities, I have some doubts about this one. 1) They see thousands of patients a day - not surprising that at some point they'll have some issues 2) This is not a bank - they literally save the lives of hundreds a day and potentially lives that may not have been saved elsewhere. I think giving some slack is due. 3) It even appears that CNN is walking on egg shells with how much positioning this one's getting. Questionable.
                              Here is the thing about the Mayo Clinic. If your head just fell off of your shoulders one day, that's the place where I'd want it to happen because if there is a way to keep you alive in that situation, they will figure it out.

But, the Mayo Clinic, as a business and organization, is nasty. I can tell you this from personal experience. When talking about Mayo it is extremely important to remember those differences. They would throw a wheelchair bound 80 year old into the street if she was interfering with their business expansion plans, then turn around and have one of their doctors restore her ability to walk.

This young lady was saved by a medical miracle that can really only be performed at Mayo and perhaps a couple of other locations. The problem afterward is that she ended up having to deal at length with the corporation.
                              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

Reminded me of this,

https://www.naturalnews.com/042999_B...Pelletier.html

Comment

Working...
                                X