Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its personal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its perso

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
    you can go to the oswego blueline club page they have a picture the puck in the net........
    One problem with that photo.....Plattsburgh was wearing red last night.....not black !

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Re: Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its perso

Originally posted by ColdInRomney View Post
      I gave up on trying to hate Bob Emery any more after seeing him waiting patiently in the huge line at Mary's wake. Lots of class last night.

Tough looking at the photo on Facebook with the puck clearly across the plane. Taken right on the goal line.

So, if I'm reading the brackets correctly, if Buff St. takes out Potsdam and Platty beats Fredonia, the Cards (lowest seed remaining) would be back in Oswego on Saturday? With Oswego bombing the last two games, both teams could be playing for the NCAA marbles.
      One problem with that photo.....Plattsburgh was wearing red last night.....not black !

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Well, I didn't see that coming, top scoring team in the conference gets shut out back to back to end conference play, yikes. 50 hours ago it looked like a guaranteed NCAA bid... now it's win Saturday night or season is over. It's amazing what one bad weekend will do. Hey, the kids had a great year and avoid Genny in the semi. I predict we win Saturday and host Genny March 3rd. "You have to put the past behind you". Go Lakers.
        Of note ; I recorded the Plattsburgh game and I took a look at the Ferria shot replay a few times, no goal, it hit the post were the cross bar meets the post, deflected down into the crease. The goal judge and the officials got that one right.

Comment

dont let the truth get in the way of a good story

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
            Must not be the picture we're looking at. The one with the puck in the net you can't see any Platty uniforms, only the bottom of Poreda's left pad.
            Oswego State 1980 Grad
            (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

Must not be the picture we're looking at. The one with the puck in the net you can't see any Platty uniforms, only the bottom of Poreda's left pad.
              The puck is still in the blue....it had just come off the post/crossbar corner. Read the post from Coast to Coast above.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                The puck is still in the blue....it had just come off the post/crossbar corner. Read the post from Coast to Coast above.
                You're still not looking at the right photo. It's taken almost at ice level, right on the goal line- you can't even see half of the far post. And you can see the entire puck covered in net.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...8934331&type=3
                Oswego State 1980 Grad
                (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

Yup seen that picture too, pretty clear cut there, again I'll state heard no ring, despite others saying they did.

The fact is it comes down to our goal judge, if he'd hit the switch possibly we get credit.

Comment

You're still not looking at the right photo. It's taken almost at ice level, right on the goal line- you can't even see half of the far post. And you can see the entire puck covered in net.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...8934331&type=3
                    It's not right on the goal line. If it was, you'd only be able to see the near post. The fact you can see both posts tells me it was not taken right on the goal line. And don't blame the goal judge (we goal judges have to stick together) - if your guys could hit an empty net, you would have won both games this weekend. I couldn't believe how many shots flat out were off-target (in addition to the 75 on net this weekend).

I don't think Oswego will fall far enough to lose their at-large bid. Remember losing to unranked teams isn't as damaging as losing to ranked ones. The eye test this weekend still showed that Oswego dominated both games.
                    Steve
                    Penn State Class of '95
                    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                      It's not right on the goal line. If it was, you'd only be able to see the near post. The fact you can see both posts tells me it was not taken right on the goal line. And don't blame the goal judge (we goal judges have to stick together) - if your guys could hit an empty net, you would have won both games this weekend. I couldn't believe how many shots flat out were off-target (in addition to the 75 on net this weekend).

I don't think Oswego will fall far enough to lose their at-large bid. Remember losing to unranked teams isn't as damaging as losing to ranked ones. The eye test this weekend still showed that Oswego dominated both games.
                      we were hitting the goalie so many times when he was in the net that we even hit him when he was OUT of the net...and yes many wide open.....More hockey to come

Comment

we were hitting the goalie so many times when he was in the net that we even hit him when he was OUT of the net...and yes many wide open.....More hockey to come
                        Yeah, that one shot against Potsdam left me ... well ... I'll use my favorite word ... flabbergasted.

McMenimen was out of position on one post, the puck goes back the other way, Oswego has a WIDE open net to shoot at. The goalie isn't blocking a single inch of the net. And what does the Oswego player do? Shoots it right back into the goalie who isn't even in the net! He covered it up and probably said, "Thank you."
                        Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 02-19-2018, 01:35 PM.
                        Russell Jaslow
                        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Neutral observer here, puck looks in to me, but you can't blame it on the goal judge, puck was prob going 70-80 miles an hour and many bodies around.
                          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Yeah, I'm rooting for Potsdam to beat Buffalo (and Plattsburgh to win obviously) because I don't want to be the next team to play Oswego....
                            Steve
                            Penn State Class of '95
                            Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

OK, can someone tell me clearly what play this picture is from. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...8934331&type=3
                              This is not the Ferria shot in the third period against Plattsburgh, there was no Laker near the net when the puck was fired,(Laker glove in picture). I have the replay on that goal (Ferria) , no where near going in. So what play is this picture from??

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                                Yeah, that one shot against Potsdam left me ... well ... I'll use my favorite word ... flabbergasted.

McMenimen was out of position on one post, the puck goes back the other way, Oswego has a WIDE open net to shoot at. The goalie isn't blocking a single inch of the net. And what does the Oswego player do? Shoots it right back into the goalie who isn't even in the net! He covered it up and probably said, "Thank you."
                                That was unreal watched it plan as day dont even think the netminder was in the goal crease,hockey is a fassssst game so **** happens,hopefully for Oz he will bury it next time.

Comment

Working...
                                X