Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its personal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its perso

Spink has a real nice game. He is not afraid to mix it up and is a battler. BKrosky thanks for the info on the early games. Not sure if Durocher will move to defense unless Coach G has been working him in there at practice. If Coach has not been working anyone of the forwards at D that would be very short sighted.
    Oswego '88

Comment

• Re: Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its perso

Thanks, his bros were great at Colgate !
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Durocher played on D against Middlebury. Looked okay on the computer. Hansen played his way out of any chance at a decent opponent in that game. If he plays this weekend at all it should be against Cortland. As for the two early starts on the second end of a back to back. You have a young team that needs to be tested. Your goal is to be playing your best hockey when the playoffs arrive. Those early starts show guys how to best take care of their bodies after games in order to be ready for the next one. If you can do that the playoffs will become simpler in theory. Since you wont be having tough back to backs like that. Even if you make the final four you have a normal wait time.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker28 View Post
          Durocher played on D against Middlebury. Looked okay on the computer. Hansen played his way out of any chance at a decent opponent in that game. If he plays this weekend at all it should be against Cortland. As for the two early starts on the second end of a back to back. You have a young team that needs to be tested. Your goal is to be playing your best hockey when the playoffs arrive. Those early starts show guys how to best take care of their bodies after games in order to be ready for the next one. If you can do that the playoffs will become simpler in theory. Since you wont be having tough back to backs like that. Even if you make the final four you have a normal wait time.
          Make a mistake on D and the puck is most likely in the net make a mistake at forward and most dont notice...That said I would rather rotate 5 experienced dmen than put a player who's has little or no experience,but if Doroucher has played there b4,great.....

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
            Make a mistake on D and the puck is most likely in the net make a mistake at forward and most dont notice...That said I would rather rotate 5 experienced dmen than put a player who's has little or no experience,but if Doroucher has played there b4,great.....
            What would be interesting is if Durocher does play at D who does he get paired with? Does he play LD or Rd?? #5 as an old Dman would you say it would be easier for Durocher to play the side he shoots from and I think he shoots left. Hansen will probably get Cortland and Richer Utica if I was a betting person. Will we see the bigger line up against Utica?
            Oswego '88

Comment

Horn, Farabee and Durocher should play against Utica. Sit them Friday so they are fresh for the Pioneer's. They bring good size and energy to the lineup and the team will need that against a big and talented Utica team.

Comment

Originally posted by DIIIFan View Post
                What would be interesting is if Durocher does play at D who does he get paired with? Does he play LD or Rd?? #5 as an old Dman would you say it would be easier for Durocher to play the side he shoots from and I think he shoots left. Hansen will probably get Cortland and Richer Utica if I was a betting person. Will we see the bigger line up against Utica?
                Oswego '88
                Yes I would think the side he shoots is best, I did notice that Pelnik is playing right D and he is a left shot,maybe he likes it that way?? All in all I would rather rotate 5....would pair Dorocher with Campbell as of late he has looked like he is moving well,but still impressed with Allen and Novak as freshmen,and Currie as a soph.transfer has been asked to do a lot and has answered the bell..The coaches have done well with the D as we have had injuries and only 7 dmen.

Comment

Agree that Campbell would be best to pair him with. I hope Allen can finish his 4 years w/o injury. He looks to be a ROCK on D. The last ROCK I thought we were going to have was Denton King but he got a concussion and his career was finished. His play reminded me an awful lot of Larry Robinson of the HABS, physical, fluid with the puck, great ice awareness, good passer, a lock down Dman. Currie has just really amazed me with his play and all the rolls he plays. A big gain for us and a huge loss for Adrian.
                  Oswego '88

Comment

I know you can't look past Cortland...but I'm going to look past Cortland. We are 3-3-0 in game 2 of back to backs, and that includes a miracle third period comeback vs. Fredonia. We have to have Richer in nets for Utica, play him both nights if you want to (I wouldn't) but give him Utica. Play everyone this weekend, get as many fresh legs as you can Saturday I'm thinking there is only 5/6 forwards that you have to play every game. (Zizek, Berry, Herlihey, Emmersson, Gillispie) The rest you can mix up anyway you want. If you have 7 healthy D, I doubt it, then use them all this weekend as well.
                    Thankfully Utica plays Friday night as well, not the ambush that was Hobart.

I'm not the Campbell fan everyone else seems to be. He played here half a year, took a couple a bad penalties in elimination games last year...but we make him Assistant Captain?!? Div 1 transfers seem to get a lot longer rope then everyone else.
                    Last edited by coasttocoast; 01-18-2018, 07:06 AM. Reason: forgot something

Comment

Originally posted by coasttocoast View Post
                      I know you can't look past Cortland...but I'm going to look past Cortland. We are 3-3-0 in game 2 of back to backs, and that includes a miracle third period comeback vs. Fredonia. We have to have Richer in nets for Utica, play him both nights if you want to (I wouldn't) but give him Utica. Play everyone this weekend, get as many fresh legs as you can Saturday I'm thinking there is only 5/6 forwards that you have to play every game. (Zizek, Berry, Herlihey, Emmersson, Gillispie) The rest you can mix up anyway you want. If you have 7 healthy D, I doubt it, then use them all this weekend as well.

I'm not the Campbell fan everyone else seems to be. He played here half a year, took a couple a bad penalties in elimination games last year...but we make him Assistant Captain?!? Div 1 transfers seem to get a lot longer rope then everyone else.
                      I would throw in Molinaro and Ferreria as he has the experience...As for Campbell he took some bad penalties as you said last yr,had a slow start this yr but looks pretty good as of late and no reason why he shouldn't continue the rest of the way....agree the D1 transfer gets the longer rope,but we have also had some injuries on D and we only have the 7 Dmen total when we usually have a few more on the roster,again Rutkowski,was a factor,we'll see him Sat. afternoon.. As a fan I would like to see Richer all weekend,..but we may see Ceddy Friday night??

Comment

Agree w/ some parts of Campbell. He committed 8 penalties in the final 5 games last year, including 2 each in the SUNYAC Championship and against Hamilton. But he also had 5 assists in only 10 games.

As for the assistant captain part, why are we judging that on his talent? If the teammates voted him an assistant captain after only one semester, he must have done extraordinary things off the ice as soon as he came in. That rarely happens, and he clearly must have earned it.

Campbell, Currie and Novick are the 3 best D in my opinion, and if I could only take two, one of them would be #4. His uses his size well and had a few great plays against Manhattanville on odd-man rushes in the D Zone. He also is excellent working behind his own net and not causing turnovers, and getting the puck to his playmakers. I'd look out for that more.

Comment

• Originally posted by coasttocoast View Post

Being a captain is more than what happens on ice, perhaps he is a leader in the locker room. He also is a shot blocker at gives his body up with no questions asked. I feel there is a lot we don't see, and I feel he is probably a leader off ice.

Comment

Originally posted by BKrosky View Post
                            Agree w/ some parts of Campbell. He committed 8 penalties in the final 5 games last year, including 2 each in the SUNYAC Championship and against Hamilton. But he also had 5 assists in only 10 games.

As for the assistant captain part, why are we judging that on his talent? If the teammates voted him an assistant captain after only one semester, he must have done extraordinary things off the ice as soon as he came in. That rarely happens, and he clearly must have earned it.

Campbell, Currie and Novick are the 3 best D in my opinion, and if I could only take two, one of them would be #4. His uses his size well and had a few great plays against Manhattanville on odd-man rushes in the D Zone. He also is excellent working behind his own net and not causing turnovers, and getting the puck to his playmakers. I'd look out for that more.
                            BKrosky has the benefit of being around this team every day in person - I appreciate his insights and welcome his analysis on WTOP10...and he gets a hall pass for the very PINK sports jacket...but if its a suit, then it would be revoked. Go Lakers!
                            LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                              BKrosky has the benefit of being around this team every day in person - I appreciate his insights and welcome his analysis on WTOP10...and he gets a hall pass for the very PINK sports jacket...but if its a suit, then it would be revoked. Go Lakers!
                              Always nice to have a insider,keep up the great work at TOP, and keep the posts coming,injury reports are probably the big one but I get that we dont want to advertise them to much..on a different note, can BKrosky find out what happened to the All-american wrestler Bushey,dont see him on the roster anymore??
                              Last edited by bakdraft21; 01-19-2018, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                                Always nice to have a insider,keep up the great work at TOP, and keep the posts coming,injury reports are probably the big one but I get that we dont want to advertise them to much..on a different note, can BKrosky find out what happened to the All-american wrestler Bushey,dont see him on the roster anymore??
                                I know what happened to him but am not really allowed to say exactly what happened publicly. He's currently at a community college and hopes to come back to Oswego after this semester.

Comment

Working...
                                X