Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its personal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its perso

any guess who gets the nod tonight btwn the pipes??

Comment

Re: Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its perso

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
      any guess who gets the nod tonight btwn the pipes??
      It's Richer

Comment

No Herlihey, Macmillan or Ferria, not our best lineup, considering...any road win is a good result.
        Finally got a goal from a rookie, Gillispie with long range snipe. I know it's just Cortland but this team has a lot to prove, tonight they took one step up the ladder.
        Novick and Allen are interesting new additions. I like them both. I need to see more from Brun, I would have expected him to dominate in a game against Cortland.
        Berry consistent results every game.
        I'm not going to be to hard on the PP, I suspect MacMillian and Herlihey were key members of unit 1 at all practices, so that's difficult to replace on short notice.

Comment

Haven't been to Cortland in a long time. Really nice facilities. Overall a nice performance from the Lakers. 2nd game that I've been to and I like the hustle on this team. No off shifts. Richer made some real nice saves for the few times he was tested. I wish Cortland would have played the whole game like they did in the third. I don't know what aspect of the game in general was worse. The penalty calls or our power play. Nice to see Deroucher play with a good quality chance to score. I am liking our D so far. Didn't wee the Hobart game though. We need to hire a shooting coach these guys just can't shoot. Where is Fitzgerald or Lujak??
          Oswego '88

Comment

Still no Farabee even with Herlihey and Ferraria out. Really liked what I saw from Molinaro.

Defense was pretty solid, for most of the game it was like we put a bag on their head and just kept pulling tighter.

Power Play, agree with below mentions on some pieces missing.

And **** did Berry get robbed at the end with the ENG, was just robbed by a flailing stick.

Comment

Good road win....missing some players,injury or just siting??...Yet to see Farabee or Horn....Richer was there when needed,missed the cort goal,was testing daughter on geography...1st 2 goals nice hustle/crash goals and Gillespie was a snipe...nice passing on the PP.......I think the Cort goalie will have to get a new jersey as we hit him soooo many times in the chest...

Comment

Originally posted by coasttocoast View Post
                No Herlihey, Macmillan or Ferria, not our best lineup, considering...any road win is a good result.
                Finally got a goal from a rookie, Gillispie with long range snipe. I know it's just Cortland but this team has a lot to prove, tonight they took one step up the ladder.
                Novick and Allen are interesting new additions. I like them both. I need to see more from Brun, I would have expected him to dominate in a game against Cortland.
                Berry consistent results every game.
                I'm not going to be to hard on the PP, I suspect MacMillian and Herlihey were key members of unit 1 at all practices, so that's difficult to replace on short notice.
                also still no Rutkowski,I like the way he throws the body we need that .

Comment

Some thoughts from practice this week...

- New line combos in practice, expect a little shakeup. Nothing too dramatic, but little nuances.

- Didn't see Ferreira, but doesn't mean anything.

- Wouldn't be surprised if Novick doesn't make it on the PP. MacMillan was back, and Currie was also very involved. Gosek wasn't happy with Novick's timing and decision making.

- MacMillan & Zizek are the two biggest focal points from being Freshmen last year. They're becoming leaders.

- No reason to think Richer won't start

- I have a feeling Farabee will be getting his first start. Cicero native was on the same line as two established starters

Comment

Also happening this morning -

Joey Rutkowski has left the team. Cole Parzych of WNYO confirmed from Digby that he left to go back to his hometown in Rome. Expects Joey to join the UC Pioneers for next semester. Joey's brother, Jaxson, committed to UC for the 2018-19 season, so probably wants to play with him...

Lakers only have 7 D right now, which hurts. Have to think what having Bryce Biller, who de-commited before the season, would do to help this team out. Pelnik has been the usual healthy scratch, but he's going to start getting more ice time.

Comment

Rutkowski will be a loss,he liked to mix it up and he will help Utica who is doing well,recruited well,and may make a run for it this year?? ........Although Canton did upset Platty ,this is a game we can check guys out,yet to see Horn as well as Farabee. With the loss of Rut and Jake I think we are down to 25. Maybe a few arrivals at break??..Lets Go Lakers...not sure what Biller had to add,he barely played any games the past few yrs in jr's??

Comment

Yes I had Rutowski in our top 4. Not a loss we can afford. It it sure starting to fill like a rebuild year. MacMillian was big part of the PP against cchl, I'm not surprised he is a big part of pp. Zizek has been our best centre, we are desperate at centre, he deserves pp time.
                        Brun has had a slow start, I expect this has opened the door to MacMillian. I expect Brun to get better, game by game.
                        I would like see zizek centre herlihey and gillispie

Comment

Start looking for D1 D-men who are not getting minutes but love a good sub sandwich or sweet marinara sauce. #Xfers
                          LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Ugley win. We will have to be better next week. I suspect backdraft is correct, we can only win if we hold the opposition to 2 or fewer goals.
                            No Brun?? Does anyone know why he didn't play?
                            Anyways, a win is a win and on a night that Plattsburgh lost... even better.
                            Farabee and Molinario looked pretty good.

Comment

This team just can't make easy goals. Second or third time I have seen them with a 5 on 3 and did nothing. Novick needs to be removed from the PP. That is just not his place for the rest of his game is good. Hansen just can not let a goal like Cantons first one in. I like what Currie does on the PP as point. Liked the line of Huffnagle, D'Orazio and Farabee. First time I've seen Farabee and I liked his game. Over all I like the hustle that this team is putting forward every game. Not always the case is years past. The team chemistry seems to be good also. I hope LakerEagleLover is right that Santa brings us another 1 or 2 D'Men. If we can get the scoring up a bit this is a dangerous team for the Defense seems to be the Rock for this team. Very impressed so far.
                              Oswego '88

Comment

Not sure why Brun didn't play tonight. He'll be out next weekend to because he's going to a conference in Washington.

Molinaro does look good - Gosek mentioned that during practice this week. Ugly win indeed, but a win.

Comment

Working...
                                X