Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its personal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its perso

Yes ugly win but we'll take it..We will have many of these 1/2 goal games,so get used to it,dont have the offensive talent of the past,but they go hard as stated...Would like to see Molinaro with Gillespie and Zizek,...Farabee looked good,but he and Huff will have to learn at this level one move then make a play your not going to beat everyone..1st rooo goal was bad but Ceddy played well..No Horn yet to see him??..crowd looked big...anybody else have a poor WTOP feed?? or is my computer bad??..Never know who shoes up at the break..YAC looks to be tight so far with Genny leading the way..also Ferreira out last 2 games??
    Last edited by bakdraft21; 11-12-2017, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Re: Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its perso

You shouldn't have had an issues with WTOP feed. We've tried very hard to make it as quality as possible. It's a better product from the athletic site page vs. the actual WTOP station page because of the websites and data they can handle

Comment

Originally posted by BKrosky View Post
        You shouldn't have had an issues with WTOP feed. We've tried very hard to make it as quality as possible. It's a better product from the athletic site page vs. the actual WTOP station page because of the websites and data they can handle
        Thanks,my picture was bad all game just about not sure why ,I watched a little of the Hobart v Norwich and the pic was great??

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
          Thanks,my picture was bad all game just about not sure why ,I watched a little of the Hobart v Norwich and the pic was great??
          I got a red buffering circle in the picture that would not go away, even though the picture was ok. It froze a few times. A buddy told me to try the link off the wtop Facebook page. The red circle disappeared but it froze a couple times a period. I to switched over to andrian and st. Norbert, and the signal never froze, although it was inferior. Is it possible that the Oswego feed is to high a quality. The demand it places on most people's wifi is to much? If makes no sense, please excuse my ignorance on these matters.

Comment

I will venture to say the quality pumped out does increase network demands. I was on the road for the game so I streamed the video on the car, the radio stream was bad only played out of my back speakers, but video sounded perfect. I too had freezes and stutters but figured it was just my service through Pennsylvania. But in 2 1/2 periods I had used 6.8 GB of my phones data....woops, yet I've watched entire college football games through ESPN or Fox app and not come close to using my monthly total.

Comment

Most of the time the pic is great,just last game was bad,I have next to zero computer knowledge or skills,can only surf and log onto my financial accounts so tech talk does me no good,will wait for next game ..thanks

Comment

Young team learning by leaps and bounds. Berry continues to impress. We just gotta get the scoring to come around.

At least Canton was taking most of the penalties this game. Very impressive puck control and passing on the PP, but the whole point of the exercise is get the puck into the net! It's like all foreplay and none of the uh, actual..... um.... aw you know what I mean.
                Oswego State 1980 Grad
                (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

Originally posted by ColdInRomney View Post
                  Young team learning by leaps and bounds. Berry continues to impress. We just gotta get the scoring to come around.

At least Canton was taking most of the penalties this game. Very impressive puck control and passing on the PP, but the whole point of the exercise is get the puck into the net! It's like all foreplay and none of the uh, actual..... um.... aw you know what I mean.
                  yes, you get no points for style,gotta finish,thats where we just dont have the offensive talent we have had in the past,i.e. one-timmer to Gallati/Hushof/Whitelaw.etc puck is in the back of the net,gotta shoot and crash the net,it should click sooner than later we would hope.

Comment

Pretty good game by the boys tonight, but some ridiculous goals for buff.....Richer made it closer than it needed to be.

Comment

• Re: Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its perso

The D'fense is looking really good. No missed anything tonight. I liked Currie on the PP. I think he moves the puck well and even though we didn't score we had some nice chances. 2 games in a row where our goalie had a huge mental lapse. Just can't happen. The other mental lapse was Emerson not taking the make for Buff State's first goal. Once a great hustle from all the lines. Molinaro played a nice game. He's finally found the secrete to scoring. Just shoot the puck. Noticed a line change in the 3rd. Zizek took D'Orazio or vice verse on those 2 lines. Liked Horns and Spinks game tonight. Going to be tough for those 2 and Farabee to break the line up for the 3 seem to play the same style. Maybe put them on the same line and call it the Black and Blue line for there would be a lot of hitting. This teams grit, hustle and never die attitude will carry them a long way.
                      Oswego'88

Comment

• Re: Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its perso

They looked much more aggressive on offense, both even and on power play, against B State but still can't turn it into scoring but they are on the right track I think. Goalies are giving me a heart attack, so good and then....

Comment

This season reminds me so much of 2015-16. Going through the replays and the amount of times they hit the post or an unlucky pad from Sylves is ridiculous. Offense is clicking, just can't executive yet.

But Berry has been ridiculous this season so far.

Comment

Another grind'em out win,expect the same type game tonight and perhaps all season...Hustle was evident all night and Berry's goal was the topper of hustle.Yes bad bounces a few xbars/post kept it close along with 2 flukky goals for Bstate,cant have these game after game with these 1 goal games...PP should shoot and crash only...I like we only took 2 pens,and Horns hit looked ???able??...goal called back looked good to me??..Horn looked good,yes we have a bunch of guys cut from the same mold..Another close one tonight hope i get back to watch it??

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                              Horn looked good,yes we have a bunch of guys cut from the same mold.
                              I had the pleasure of seeing Horn in action in Johnstown prior to his selection of Oz for college. The guy comes from a very high speed, run-and-gun style club that lays the hits too. Thrilled to see him in action (that penalty was just classic "2 minutes for blowing a skater up too hard"), and I hope that more Tomahawks will follow in his wake to the Lakers.

Richer, man, those flukes were tough to watch. Guy looked alright in net, but that second goal was a head-shaker (missed the first). For reffing, it sure looked like a Buff State forward was forward of the blue line early on that goal too, along with a legitimate score called back on Oz prior (crashed the net too hard?), but Oz won, so it's naturally not as big a deal.

Berry and Zizek - sonuvabiatch, these guys are a blast to watch. #13 is always on the hunt for hits and is delivering the goods for Oswego (PBP dudes love yelling his name), and Berry... no words can describe how he stick-handled that puck around Sylves with the Bengals scrambling in his wake. He made the whole sequence look like the Matrix on Ice. Gotta give credit to Emerson (Lake and Palmer) when it counted too - NHL players have botched shots from the neutral zone on empty nets plenty of times, and his was the GWG in the end.
                              "To all those graduating with a heart that will forever beat for hockey at a certain place on Lake Ontario...
                              this is for you."
                              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Screw rebuilding - we RELOAD here!

Comment

Question...has anyone on this feed have problems with the WTOP feed this year? Mine constantly craps out on me.
                                MJBeckman
                                Oswego '93
                                Great Lakers Hockey - WNYO, WTOP, Oswegonian
                                1991-1993
                                2007 D-III NATIONAL CHAMPS!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X