X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NHL 2017.1: We turn over a new Leaf and still find a Penguin

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    NBC and NBCSN will not broadcast NHL games during the winter Olympics.

About that increased exposure, Gary...
    Aren't they going to be broadcasting the Olympics and not have the opportunity to show any NHL games anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      Aren't they going to be broadcasting the Olympics and not have the opportunity to show any NHL games anyway?
      13 hr time difference between East Coast and Korea. Live stuff is in the AM. Figure skating will be time shifted to prime time. Hockey, I expect, will be shown in the wee hours and hilites shown in the evening.

Heck, maybe they'll timeshift curling.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        Yep, but it still means the NHL's national exposure goes dark. They'll still have arenas with fans and local coverage though. That may be enough I suppose.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

There probably would be zero NHL games on NBC during this time if the Olympics were not going on and maybe a total of 4 games on NBCSN. The amount of national exposure throughout the week on these channels is not much. If anything, now out of market fans will not have those selected games on NBCSN blacked out from the NHL package. For fans of Pittsburgh and Chicago (seems like the only two teams playing on NBCSN) they will now be able to watch these games if they have NHL package and no cable.

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
            There probably would be zero NHL games on NBC during this time if the Olympics were not going on and maybe a total of 4 games on NBCSN. The amount of national exposure throughout the week on these channels is not much. If anything, now out of market fans will not have those selected games on NBCSN blacked out from the NHL package. For fans of Pittsburgh and Chicago (seems like the only two teams playing on NBCSN) they will now be able to watch these games if they have NHL package and no cable.
            Haha yeah good point, with the stupid blackout rules this might increase exposure. God this league is ran terribly.

Comment

I only watch my team's games during the regular season, so meh.

If the Hawks aren't on I'll likely watch the Olympics anyway.

Also - who thought NBC would show any NHL anyway. The Olympics are huge for them.

There's plenty to whine about when it comes to the NHL, but this is not one of those things.

Comment

F you, Bettman.

https://deadspin.com/what-the-nhl-is...oss-1818879619
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                  Pretty amazing how this has become the norm for ALL businesses. Not just sports teams. Pretty sad.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

The Wild will get that arena song and dance in the next 10 years I bet.
                    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Love the Mussolini-esque pic in that article.

Comment

I'd say Canadians don't fall for that kinda crap but this is Alberta, the Texas of Canada.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          I'd say Canadians don't fall for that kinda crap but this is Alberta, the Texas of Canada.
                          I had a feeling about Kep

http://www.medicaldaily.com/highly-i...eotypes-420634

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
                            I like the link within that story. Turns out that you're probably highly intelligent if you are a popular, mentally ill, lazy, foul-mouthed, worried atheist, prone to taking risks, but with no older siblings. Whodathunk.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                              I like the link within that story. Turns out that you're probably highly intelligent if you are a popular, mentally ill, lazy, foul-mouthed, worried atheist, prone to taking risks, but with no older siblings. Whodathunk.
                              3-5-1

But I wonder if all that means is that stereotypes are true... An exhaustive 20-second search of the internet does not turn up any sites that simply quantify the empirical results testing stereotypes. Are Asians bad drivers? Are black women bad tippers? Are the Irish more prone to alcoholism? Are Jews good with money? Are black men... um... well if so they're going to be very popular.

This seems like a market inefficiency begging to be addressed.
                              Last edited by Kepler; 09-28-2017, 05:03 PM.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Season a week away

Eastern Playoff teams
                                Lightning
                                Maple Leafs
                                Canadiens
                                Penguins
                                Blue Jackets
                                Rangers
                                Capitals (WC)
                                Canes (WC)

Western
                                Ducks
                                Oilers
                                Flames
                                Wild
                                Preds
                                Hawks
                                Sharks (WC)
                                Stars (WC)

Lightning over Pens
                                Wild over Oilers

Lightning over Wild

Bottom 5 teams
                                Florida
                                Detroit
                                Canucks
                                Knights
                                Aves
                                Last edited by bucky15; 09-29-2017, 07:59 AM. Reason: tough crowd on spelling

Comment

Working...
                                X