X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2017.1: We turn over a new Leaf and still find a Penguin

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Wow, Seattle and Swift Current go back-to-back? Poor you.
    I had my Cup team; I'm set for life. :-)
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      It's more amazing that the Rapidly Flushing Toilet finally won the WHL. (For non-cognoscenti, Swift Current is a traditionally excellent team that always chokes in the playoffs. Sort of a Washington Capitals of the CHL. I hate them because of the 3 times they've managed to not actually choke away the title it's been against the Winter Hawks.)

Anyway, sorry for those kids and f-ck SC.
      Is Mike Johnston coaching that team?

Comment

Not sure where to put it, maybe complaining about ESPN is better, but I've been really, really enjoying The Athletic and the articles their writers have been pumping out this spring. Subscription site, yes, but I'm glad some of the crazy talented guys laid off by other places found a home there.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
          Is Mike Johnston coaching that team?
          AFAIK, yes. My interest and attention are less than 1% of what they were when I lived there. We washed out of the WHL playoffs despite a good season this year, however I did not listen to even one game all year.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
            Not sure where to put it, maybe complaining about ESPN is better, but I've been really, really enjoying The Athletic and the articles their writers have been pumping out this spring. Subscription site, yes, but I'm glad some of the crazy talented guys laid off by other places found a home there.
            I do as well. Some really good writers on there.
            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

I think Winnipeg tying the game lit a fire under Vegas' ***.
              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Knights are really good at keeping everything to the outside.

Tuch makes it 3-1
                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Fleury tickling Wheelers ear
                  http://bleacherreport.com/post/nhl/5...1-500747f28bc5
                  Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

The save
                    http://bleacherreport.com/post/nhl/1...f-1eadd40724c9
                    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Go Western Conference!

On one hand, I want the Thrashers to do well after the decade plus of struggling. On the other, I really like how Vegas has the right mix of cast-offs from the rest of the league and want them to do well. What a series this has been already, and it's only game three!
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

From what I gather, The Athletic isn't taking just laid off people. They are actively poaching.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          From what I gather, The Athletic isn't taking just laid off people. They are actively poaching.
                          Oh, that wasn't my point at all. It was simply that I'm glad they have given some of those laid off a place to land. Nothing more than that.

The Lightning's former beat writer for the Tampa Bay Times, now with The Athletic, made the move late March I think it was. While his articles were decent with the TBT, I think he's given a much better platform on TA, and has been putting out great feature stories just about every day.

Comment

Oh, that wasn't my point at all. It was simply that I'm glad they have given some of those laid off a place to land. Nothing more than that.

The Lightning's former beat writer for the Tampa Bay Times, now with The Athletic, made the move late March I think it was. While his articles were decent with the TBT, I think he's given a much better platform on TA, and has been putting out great feature stories just about every day.
                            TA is aiming to be what ESPN used to be, from my observations and hearing talk on KFAN (sports station here). Good for them, sincerely.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              TA is aiming to be what ESPN used to be, from my observations and hearing talk on KFAN (sports station here). Good for them, sincerely.
                              Yep, would make sense.

Just figured I'd mention it's worth the subscription, IMO. I know, pay walls kinda suck, but I totally understand they need to make a buck, and ads just don't cut it anymore with adblocks so widely used.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                This should probably go on the ESPN thread as well, but one of the worst things about this year's playoffs is the "coverage" by Greg Wyshinski. For those unaware, he moved from Yahoo to ESPN in the past year. He tweets "stories" throughout the game, which is just clickbait because all he does is describe something that happened in the game. No video, no pictures, just straight 1998 text.

Comment

Working...
                                X