This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 14: You People Make Me Sick

Presumption of innocence is a court standard. Businesses and people dont have to assume the innocence of anyone.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
      Why? civil cases are "preponderance of the evidence." Criminal is "beyond all reasonable doubt."

There's a huge gap between 50.01% and 95%.
      I agree. And I'm of the school of thought where one gives the benefit of the doubt. Worst case, give a second chance. Trust me, you burn me enough, or hard enough the first time, I'm done with you.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

And I am of the belief that if one of my players is being investigated for something major like beating his wife/girlfriend they will sit until they clear their name if it seems plausible they did it. Working for me is not a right it is a privilege.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          And I am just saying that because one is accused/charged, don't assume guilt until it is proven.
          Wrong. Don't label them guilty until it's proven, but they sure as anything are assumed to be guilty or they wouldn't have been charged in the first place. And Brent you're taking but a small fraction of cases and illogically extrapolating their circumstances to the whole.

Comment

Couldn't decide between here or the conspiracy thread:

Alex Jones being sued by Sandy Hook families for defamation. Looks like he'll have to find some even spicier chili to blame to try to get out of this one.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/04/1...andy-hook.html
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
              Couldn't decide between here or the conspiracy thread:

Alex Jones being sued by Sandy Hook families for defamation. Looks like he'll have to find some even spicier chili to blame to try to get out of this one.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/04/1...andy-hook.html
              It will be funny when he defends himself by saying he's obviously doing a (protected) political satire of the kind of moron who believes that sort of thing -- i.e., his viewers.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                It will be funny when he defends himself by saying he's obviously doing a (protected) political satire of the kind of moron who believes that sort of thing -- i.e., his viewers.
                Yes, it will be. And his morons would say "yeah, you tell them, Alex," without having a clue about what it says about them.

Alex is probably just fine with this, knowing the increase in sales of his magical potions will more than offset the cost of litigation.

Comment

Doesnt he technically brand himself as entertainment? If so he has almost no shot of losing the case.
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    Doesnt he technically brand himself as entertainment? If so he has almost no shot of losing the case.
                    Glenn Beck was an actual stand-up comedian and his viewers still never got that the joke was on them.

But I don't know whether Jones went 'round the bend and forgot the 4th.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      You could always head over to http://www.infowars.com , where he has responded to the allegations.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        You could always head over to http://www.infowars.com , where he has responded to the allegations.
                        It doesn't matter what he says on InfoWars, it matters what he says in court...
                        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                        Originally posted by Quizmire
                        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          I don't think you grasp how a con works.
                          Cornell University

Comment

C'mon, she's not even buried yet.
                            http://www.grandforksherald.com/news...s-i-will-never
                            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                              It doesn't matter what he says on InfoWars, it matters what he says in court...
                              If it even gets that far. He's received several suits in the past few months, and they're all to elicit the response you're giving right now, as well as force him to spend money on defense costs, which is why he has stated that he is filing SLAPP counter-suits in some cases on account of Texas's state law.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                                She seems nice

Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Working...
                                X