Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ohio State Buckeyes 2017-2018 ... Home Playoffs This Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State Buckeyes 2017-2018 ... Home Playoffs This Season?

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
    Beauty.
    With apologies to Badger Bob Johnson, it was a great night for hockey. Read all about it on the WCHA thread.

Comment

CONGRATS TO THE BUCKEYES!

Two special sweeps in 3 weeks time and I imagine some faithful fans that have been posting here thru thick and thin are eating up every minute of it

Comment

Way to go Buckeyes!

Comment

Double beauty.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
            Double beauty.
            Not sure who is a bigger surprise in hockey......the Las Vegas Knights or the Ohio State Buckeyes ????

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFan View Post
              Not sure who is a bigger surprise in hockey......the Las Vegas Knights or the Ohio State Buckeyes ????
              I think it's the Buckeyes. One thing is not a surprise by now...there's no doubt who is going to win the WCHA coach of the year!

Comment

In what was probably a shocker to some (but not necessarily us OSU fans), the Buckeyes completed the sweep today, beating Wisconsin by a final score of 3-1. In today's game, the Badgers outshot the Buckeyes in every period and ended the game with a 35-20 advantage in shots on goal. Unfortunately for Wisconsin and their fans who traveled to Columbus this weekend, they could only get one of those shots by Kassidy Sauve, who stopped 34 of those 35 shots. Kristen Campbell stopped 17 of the 19 shots she faced as the 20th shot was an empty-netter with 3 seconds to go in the game. Alexis Mauermann opened the scoring in the game and Wisconsin took that 1-0 lead into the first intermission. The Buckeyes were led today by their lethal first line of center Charly Dahlquist and wingers Emma Maltais and Tatum Skaggs, who accounted for all three goals. Emma Maltais scored the tying goal in the second period and that is how the second period ended. The Bucks came out in the third period and took the lead on a goal by Charly Dahlquist, then Tatum Skaggs scored the empty netter at the end. Wisconsin travels to Duluth to take on the Bulldogs next weekend. The Buckeyes will also head back on the road to take on the Minnesota State Mavericks. With the sweep, Ohio State has pulled back into second place in the WCHA standings.
                Last edited by osualum86; 02-03-2018, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                  What I find hilarious is that this Gopher fan has been saying all year that the Buckeyes are a very real threat. Even when they threw a clinker I have been a bigger fan of the team than some OSU supporters here. Give that program a little more time & there will be fewer clinkers and, yes, there will be final four appearances. I'd love to see you guys in the championship game . . . losing to MN of course but still

UMD is about the same place in development. BSU, SCSU has shown improvement and MSU has had flashes. There are going to be a lot more exciting games in the future and painful losses all around. I would not be surprised to see the WCHA champ with 4-5 losses and a few ties.
                  Totally agree with you on this. And to answer the question that BigFan posted, Vegas is definitely the bigger surprise to this fan! I knew Ohio State was going to be good this season. I will be the first to admit that they are even better than I thought they would be, but with the players we had coming back this season, I knew this team had a chance to be real good. As for KTDC's comment, yes, I am soaking this up. After games like these, I don't want to leave the OSU Ice Rink. I want to stay there all night. I said this on some other forum, but these seniors who have been through three coaches in four years richly deserve this, and I couldn't be happier for them.

Pgb ... LOL, I asked someone tonight if they were on uscho.com, trying to figure out who you are. Maybe next home game. I think you know who I am, but I don't know who you are and it's driving me nuts.
                  Last edited by osualum86; 02-04-2018, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                    Pgb ... LOL, I asked someone tonight if they were on uscho.com, trying to figure out who you are.
                    That's actually kind of funny and cool. Reminds me of the liquor store scene in American Graffiti. You're having a normal conversation, trying to act nonchalant, and then:

Oh, you're going to the concession stand? I'll have an order of nachos... a coke... three pretzels... Say, do you post on USCHO?... a bathing cap... a bottle of Old Harper's...

The 3 Stars For Saturday's Game is a work in progress. But if you like, you can read the first installment on the WCHA thread.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                      Totally agree with you on this. And to answer the question that BigFan posted, Vegas is definitely the bigger surprise to this fan! I knew Ohio State was going to be good this season. I will be the first to admit that they are even better than I thought they would be, but with the players we had coming back this season, I knew this team had a chance to be real good. As for KTDC's comment, yes, I am soaking this up. After games like these, I don't want to leave the OSU Ice Rink. I want to stay there all night. I said this on some other forum, but these seniors who have been through three coaches in four years richly deserve this, and I couldn't be happier for them.

Pgb ... LOL, I asked someone tonight if they were on uscho.com, trying to figure out who you are. Maybe next home game. I think you know who I am, but I don't know who you are and it's driving me nuts.
                      The difference is that OSU is going to get better in the future. Vegas is trading away good draft choices for this season. Several clubs have tried this in the past & I don't remember a case where it works in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                        That's actually kind of funny and cool. Reminds me of the liquor store scene in American Graffiti. You're having a normal conversation, trying to act nonchalant, and then:

Oh, you're going to the concession stand? I'll have an order of nachos... a coke... three pretzels... Say, do you post on USCHO?... a bathing cap... a bottle of Old Harper's...

The 3 Stars For Saturday's Game is a work in progress. But if you like, you can read the first installment on the WCHA thread.
                        I read the first installment, and thank you so much for the shout out on that!! Yes, I am very proud of our young ladies and coaching staff! This team is special, and they love each other ... great chemistry on this team. They play for the coaches and they play for each other, and to paraphrase a great intermission speech from Coach Nadine during a game last season when things weren't going so well, they play "for the O" (the block O of Ohio State on the front of the sweaters they were wearing last season). Well, I will be anxiously awaiting the 3 Stars for yesterday's game!

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                          The difference is that OSU is going to get better in the future. Vegas is trading away good draft choices for this season. Several clubs have tried this in the past & I don't remember a case where it works in the long run.
                          I completely agree. With Coach Nadine guiding the ship, what is happening this season is only the beginning. I have said on previous posts that I was going to just enjoy the process or maybe I said trust the process. I still think Coach Nadine is ahead of schedule doing this in her second season, but I am not surprised. We have great kids, and one of my favorite things that Coach stresses is being relentless. This team was definitely relentless this past weekend. Needless to say, I am really enjoying this season!

Comment

I'm going to argue that I met my "publication deadline" for the Overview section of Saturday's 3 Stars. Challenging schedule or not, I just had to get the first part of my celebratory post out there.

Sadly, for the Individual Stars section, my performance was something less than on-time. But the full post is there now. Have a look!

Comment

I'm going to argue that I met my "publication deadline" for the Overview section of Saturday's 3 Stars. Challenging schedule or not, I just had to get the first part of my celebratory post out there.

Sadly, for the Individual Stars section, my performance was something less than on-time. But the full post is there now. Have a look!
                              Thank you! I have been patiently waiting for that!

Comment

I'm not even sure how to characterize this one. I mean, honestly, this inconsistency and somehow not being able to score goals on the road has to be driving our coaching staff nuts. Kassidy Sauve did not play tonight and I have no idea what happened. I sincerely hope it was by design that Coach Nadine was going to give her a rest tonight and not due to injury. That is the one thing that could potentially derail what has been a great season so far. Who is in net for Ohio State does not explain why they can't score goals on the road. In three road games since coming back from break, the Buckeyes have scored one goal in each, and they have lost all three games. I keep thinking whatever the coaches are telling this team about bringing their A game against everyone and not just when they are playing a top ten team, that message is just not getting through. For whatever reason, Ohio State continues to lose to teams they should beat. Oh well, I am sure the girls have moved on and I need to do the same. Ohio State was beaten 4-1 by Minnesota State earlier tonight. Grace Zarzecki scored the Buckeyes' only goal. The Maverick goals were scored by Lindsey Coleman (2), Amanda Conway, and Rebekah Kolstad. The Buckeyes outshot Minnesota State 36-20, but the Mavericks made their shots count, Amanda Zeglen stopped 16 of the 20 shots she faced tonight for the Buckeyes. Minnesota State's Chloe Crosby stopped 35 of the 36 shots she faced. Ohio State won the face-off battle 38-14. When you look at the stat sheet, it doesn't seem like the Buckeyes played that badly, but then the only stat that matters is that final score. The two teams are back at it tomorrow at 3:07 pm EST.

Comment

Working...
                                X