Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ohio State Buckeyes 2017-2018 ... Home Playoffs This Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State Buckeyes 2017-2018 ... Home Playoffs This Season?

Originally posted by BigFan View Post
    Nice to see the "Straw" ( Maltais) back in the lineup. Coach may have been hard on the gals last week but nothing beats having the leading scorer in the WCHA back in your lineup. Upcoming games will be the real test for this team, nice to also see Sauve playing at the top of her game. Go Bucks Go.
    Emma is clearly an amazing player and I don't think she ever gets tired as she was all over the ice both games. She basically sealed the deal yesterday with a beautiful breakaway goal that made it 4-2. With only two goals scored against her in the past three games, yeah, I would say Kass is back on her game. She may have let in four vs Penn State (one of their goals was an empty-netter), but everyone played bad that game. Kass did not get any help from the players in front of her in that game. Anyway, yeah, the Bucks seem to have things figured out. This should be a hotly-contested series this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
      Hungry for more 3 Stars? Game for another write-up? See The WCHA thread.
      Heading over to that thread now. Cannot wait to see it. I have a feeling Charly Dahlquist is going to figure into the three stars for yesterday's game.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
        I will be there for both! I know Minnesota is going to be motivated as the Buckeyes took five of the six points at Ridder back in October with a win and a shootout win. The Bucks will need to bring their A game.
        A+ Game; but yes.

Emma is clearly an amazing player and I don't think she ever gets tired as she was all over the ice both games.
        There was no jet lag issue, that's for sure.

She basically sealed the deal yesterday with a beautiful breakaway goal that made it 4-2.
        I wasn't comfortable until Jincy scored the 5th goal. But in hindsight, Emma's goal was the one that returned the momentum to the Buckeyes for good.

Heading over to that thread now. Cannot wait to see it. I have a feeling Charly Dahlquist is going to figure into the three stars for yesterday's game.
        It's true that great minds think alike. We often do. But even a feeble-minded person would have found a place for Charly on Saturday's list!

Comment

Pgb - Haha, yeah, I never claim to be a hockey expert. I could not have a legitimate conversation about the x's and o's of the game, but after being the distributor on that line for much of the season and watching her linemates score the goals, it was really nice seeing Charly Dahlquist stick a couple into the back of the net Saturday. She is a special young lady. It couldn't have been easy to see your program dropped and have to start over somewhere else. That goes for all the players that played for UND and had to find new homes to continue their college hockey careers. I am very happy that Charly chose to be a Buckeye, and I would be remiss if I didn't mention former UND assistant coach Peter Elander, who has also come on board and is doing great things for our program. Anyway, safe travels to all who are coming down this weekend. I know Eeyore said he would be here, and I hope to see CrazyDave also.

Comment

Greetings all. I know that I've been MIA from the board for awhile, though I'm still plenty busy with the Gopher gals and their booster club. Anyway, just came on briefly to drop the note that I will be in Columbus this weekend.

The last time I saw Coach Muz, she strongly suggested that I make the trip; I told her that the league shouldn't schedule the series on a weekend when Gopher football had a home game (yeah, I know, priorities... ). Since that's not a problem with a January hockey series, I'm making the trip. See you on Friday.
            Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
            Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
            Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyDave View Post
              See you on Friday.
              Hey Dave,

HOW MUCH TIME LEFT?
              (before you leave)
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
                Hey Dave,

HOW MUCH TIME LEFT?
                (before you leave)
                45 hours... 45 hours remaining 'til departure time.
                Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
                Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
                Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyDave View Post
                  45 hours... 45 hours remaining 'til departure time.
                  THANK YOU!

And safe travels
                  say hi to Muzzy - we talked to her in Plymouth this spring & that was fun.

Comment

I want to echo the suggestion of some true buckeye fan here a week or so ago - fire coach Muzzeral!

Comment

Congrats to the Buckeyes! All in all Bucks played a great game, especially out of the gates. You came out storming and we couldn't do diddly for 10 or 15 minutes. I'm not happy about the way we went down in the end, but all in all it was a good, exciting game.

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                        Congrats to the Buckeyes! All in all Bucks played a great game, especially out of the gates. You came out storming and we couldn't do diddly for 10 or 15 minutes. I'm not happy about the way we went down in the end, but all in all it was a good, exciting game.
                        I know you didn't get the result you were looking for, but it was an exciting game with lots of back and forth action, pretty much what one would expect to see in a matchup of top ten teams. It was great seeing friends from Minnesota like Eeyore and CrazyDave, not to mention former Buckeye Shannon Reilly made an appearance to watch her younger sister play for the Gophers! Other notable appearances tonight were the OSU Athletic Band and the OSU Knucklebucks (student cheering section for hockey ... similar to football's Block O), both of which enhanced the atmosphere tonight. Well, let me get to the game here. This one was great for the fan who likes momentum swings. Ohio State came out and was on the board within two minutes as Emma Maltais scored at the 1:20 mark in the first period. That was how the first period ended. The Gophers, to their credit, came out firing in the second period and scored two goals to go up 2-1 at the second intermission. The Gopher goals were scored by Alex Woken and Grace Zumwinkle. Then came the third period. Buckeye Charly Dahlquist scored on a power play goal at the 10:48 mark to tie the game at 2. Then, with 3:56 to go in the game, Liz Schepers scored the game-winner for Ohio State. The Buckeyes then hung on for the 3-2 win. The Buckeyes outshot the Gophers in this one 38-33. Buckeye goalie Kassidy Sauve stopped 31 of the 33 shots she faced. Minnesota goaltender Sidney Peters stopped 35 of the 38 shots she faced. Minnesota was very good in the face-off circle tonight, winning 39 of the 64 face-offs. Gopher Taylor Wente was particularly dominating in the dot, going 16-7 on face-offs tonight. The teams are back at it tomorrow at 3:07 pm.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                          I want to echo the suggestion of some true buckeye fan here a week or so ago - fire coach Muzzeral!
                          Not happening! In fact, I went so far as to make Eeyore and CrazyDave promise me that Frost is not retiring any time soon so you guys can't take Coach Nadine back. They said not to worry, that Johnson was the heir apparent! Honestly, I had forgotten about that and I am not going to go back and try to find it. I do not want to know who said that. Coach Nadine is the best thing that has happened to this program in a long time. She works our kids hard and gives them some tough love when warranted, but she really cares about our kids, and they have all bought in. They play hard for her.

I was going to respond to the last guy on the Minnesota thread who said something along the lines of this loss being a "new low" for the Gophers, but I decided not to go there. I am sure the knowledgeable posters over there will inform him/her that this is an Ohio State team that is also ranked in the top ten and is 16-5-4.
                          Last edited by osualum86; 01-20-2018, 01:55 AM.

Comment

The 3x3 Stars of the Game are now posted on the WCHA thread.

Comment

Not happening! In fact, I went so far as to make Eeyore and CrazyDave promise me that Frost is not retiring any time soon so you guys can't take Coach Nadine back. They said not to worry, that Johnson was the heir apparent! Honestly, I had forgotten about that and I am not going to go back and try to find it. I do not want to know who said that. Coach Nadine is the best thing that has happened to this program in a long time. She works our kids hard and gives them some tough love when warranted, but she really cares about our kids, and they have all bought in. They play hard for her.

I was going to respond to the last guy on the Minnesota thread who said something along the lines of this loss being a "new low" for the Gophers, but I decided not to go there. I am sure the knowledgeable posters over there will inform him/her that this is an Ohio State team that is also ranked in the top ten and is 16-5-4.
                              The moron that said this is a new low is not a gopher fan, just trolling. There have been a few of them this year including one that has the word 'gopher' in their nym. It is years of anger boiling over when they think they finally have a chance to torment MN fans. I didn't go back to see who had suggested Muzzy be fired, it was stupid then & stupid today.

I have been hoping that without the unhappy person running UMD that they would find their way back & knew that Nadine would build OSU up. As painful as a season like this is to watch having a bunch of teams with a legitimate shot at the title really makes for a lot more interesting games. Congrats to the team, I hope in coming years the Buckeyes will finish as runner-up to the Gophers a couple of times.

Comment

The moron that said this is a new low is not a gopher fan, just trolling.
                                No, that's a Gopher fan, not a troll, and everyone with a dissenting opinion isn't a moron. And to an extent, I agree with the point. The Gophers hadn't lost to OSU in almost a decade. Then the Buckeyes come into Ridder and kick their behinds for two games, and almost get the sweep. After that, UM doesn't have enough passion to play a full 60 minutes in the first rematch? There's no shame in losing to this year's Buckeyes, but you have to bring more effort than UM has shown of late.

As painful as a season like this is to watch having a bunch of teams with a legitimate shot at the title really makes for a lot more interesting games.
                                I disagree with this. I see Wisconsin having a legitimate shot at a title. That's about it. Ohio State will finish second, and Minnesota will be third. There isn't much drama in the standings.
                                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Working...
                                X