Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ohio State Buckeyes 2017-2018 ... Home Playoffs This Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State Buckeyes 2017-2018 ... Home Playoffs This Season?

Thought I'd share this very nice article on your coach in our local paper this morning.

Former Gophers great now has 'very aggressive' team taking aim at Minnesota
    http://www.startribune.com/former-go...ota/475680413/
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Nice read D2D, thank you for sharing.

Ohio State found out the hard way today how hard it is to beat a team four times in one season, as well as how hard it is to beat them on their ice in a situation where they have to win just to keep their NCAA Tournament hopes alive. Give Minnesota and Coach Brad Frost a lot of credit for coming through with that kind of pressure. I was at our men's game earlier tonight, so I did not actually see the game, but reading the recap on ohiostatebuckeyes.com and checking the box score, sounds like it was a hard fought game that could have gone either way. Ultimately, Minnesota won this one 2-0, which marked only the third time the Buckeyes have been kept off the scoreboard this season. The others were vs Wisconsin last fall and a 0-0 tie against St. Cloud which the Buckeyes ultimately won in a shootout. Grace Zumwinkle scored the Gophers' first goal in the second period after a scoreless first period, then added an empty-netter at the end to seal the deal for Minnesota. The Buckeyes outshot the Gophers 33-27 but could not solve Minnesota goaltender Sidney Peters as she stopped all 33 shots she faced. Amanda Zeglen had a great game for the Buckeyes, stopping 25 of the 26 shots she faced with the 27th being the empty-netter from Zumwinkle when Zeglen was on the bench for an extra attacker. Oddly enough, there were no penalties called in this one, no power plays for either team. Minnesota will play Wisconsin tomorrow for the WCHA Tournament Title. Ohio State will regroup and find out tomorrow night if they will be part of the NCAA Tournament field.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
        Nice read D2D, thank you for sharing.

Ohio State found out the hard way today how hard it is to beat a team four times in one season, as well as how hard it is to beat them on their ice in a situation where they have to win just to keep their NCAA Tournament hopes alive. Give Minnesota and Coach Brad Frost a lot of credit for coming through with that kind of pressure. I was at our men's game earlier tonight, so I did not actually see the game, but reading the recap on ohiostatebuckeyes.com and checking the box score, sounds like it was a hard fought game that could have gone either way. Ultimately, Minnesota won this one 2-0, which marked only the third time the Buckeyes have been kept off the scoreboard this season. The others were vs Wisconsin last fall and a 0-0 tie against St. Cloud which the Buckeyes ultimately won in a shootout. Grace Zumwinkle scored the Gophers' first goal in the second period after a scoreless first period, then added an empty-netter at the end to seal the deal for Minnesota. The Buckeyes outshot the Gophers 33-27 but could not solve Minnesota goaltender Sidney Peters as she stopped all 33 shots she faced. Amanda Zeglen had a great game for the Buckeyes, stopping 25 of the 26 shots she faced with the 27th being the empty-netter from Zumwinkle when Zeglen was on the bench for an extra attacker. Oddly enough, there were no penalties called in this one, no power plays for either team. Minnesota will play Wisconsin tomorrow for the WCHA Tournament Title. Ohio State will regroup and find out tomorrow night if they will be part of the NCAA Tournament field.
        The Buckeyes played a great game and it took extraordinary efforts to win. I'm sure they will make the NC$$ and should do well. They look to be in the WCHA mix in a significant way for the future.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
          Thought I'd share this very nice article on your coach in our local paper this morning.

Former Gophers great now has 'very aggressive' team taking aim at Minnesota
          http://www.startribune.com/former-go...ota/475680413/
          I wonder if Frosty read this article? The OSU game is not suited for olympic size ice when they roll 2 1/2 F lines and 3 1/2 D without the advantage of home-town media timeouts. Playing an up tempo attacking, dump it in, style is effective and a useful system but yesterdays game was not set up for this as it did not give players time to rest. I thought OSU carried the play for the first 10 minutes then they got sluggish the rest of the game. Minnesota only played 3 lines and 4 D as well, but they stayed back, moved the puck much better and as the game went on started to pick holes in the OSU system as the forcheck got too deep and players were too tired to back check. Except for line changes, I dont remember Minnesota ever playing dump and chase, more puck control. OSU had very few chances as the game progressed and once they were down I predicted the game was over.

Comment

Originally posted by dd17 View Post
            I wonder if Frosty read this article? The OSU game is not suited for olympic size ice when they roll 2 1/2 F lines and 3 1/2 D without the advantage of home-town media timeouts. Playing an up tempo attacking, dump it in, style is effective and a useful system but yesterdays game was not set up for this as it did not give players time to rest. I thought OSU carried the play for the first 10 minutes then they got sluggish the rest of the game. Minnesota only played 3 lines and 4 D as well, but they stayed back, moved the puck much better and as the game went on started to pick holes in the OSU system as the forcheck got too deep and players were too tired to back check. Except for line changes, I dont remember Minnesota ever playing dump and chase, more puck control. OSU had very few chances as the game progressed and once they were down I predicted the game was over.
            Ridder is not an Olympic-sized sheet, though.

Comment

Minnesota only played 3 lines and 4 D as well...
              Minnesota's 5th D did play a fair amount.
              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I predicted the game was over.
                He was right about this part though.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                  The Buckeyes played a great game and it took extraordinary efforts to win. I'm sure they will make the NC$$ and should do well. They look to be in the WCHA mix in a significant way for the future.
                  We are traveling to Chestnut Hill to take on Boston College. I think we will be fine, and win or lose, it was still a great season. I have said all along that I feel like Coach Nadine actually has this program ahead of schedule, finishing 2nd in the WCHA, and making the NCAA Tournament. The program has accomplished so many things this season that have never been done before. It's going to be a fun road trip next weekend. I cannot wait to get there and cheer on our girls!

Comment

We are traveling to Chestnut Hill to take on Boston College. I think we will be fine, and win or lose, it was still a great season. I have said all along that I feel like Coach Nadine actually has this program ahead of schedule, finishing 2nd in the WCHA, and making the NCAA Tournament. The program has accomplished so many things this season that have never been done before. It's going to be a fun road trip next weekend. I cannot wait to get there and cheer on our girls!
                    Make sure to bonk Grant in the head; no trip to Newton is complete without it.

Comment

If there is any info or tips or anything you guys might be looking for for your trip to BC, I'd be happy to assist!
                      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                        If there is any info or tips or anything you guys might be looking for for your trip to BC, I'd be happy to assist!
                        Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                        That right there should be about all one needs, except for this...

osualum86, I'd recommend that the Buck's score more goals than that local team. I went to watch the FF in Boston once. Nice city, nice people, nice arena. But my team lost the scoring contest to some team wearing green, and it soured the whole experience for me. I think you'll have a much better time if OSU takes advantage of the fact that half of what was supposed to be the Eagles blue line were off hunting for gold.

So score more goals, remember to bonk Grant in the head, and all of his info and tips will just be icing on the cake.

Comment

This has been a fun week lol
                          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                            How does Grant feel about that?

Comment

How does Grant feel about that?
                              Only one way to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                                Grant, I wish we had more time to spend up there. Honestly, we are pretty much just zipping in for the game, then heading out after the game. Mrs 86 has to work Friday so we are doing this crazy thing where we are driving overnight to get there for the 1:00 pm start. I got us a room for after the game, then we are heading back here to Ohio Sunday morning. We need to come up when we can stay longer! Oh, and one more thing ... "You're welcome" for Kelli Stack! She would have looked real good in Scarlet & Gray! Seriously though, these kids have to choose the school that is best for them and I don't blame her for not choosing OSU back then. We had some great players but not as many as Minnesota, Wisconsin, or UMD. She got to experience NCAA Tournaments and Frozen Fours playing for BC.

Comment

Working...
                                X